Playoff tickets in your city?

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
In Winnipeg, I got my playoff round 1 tickets and then found out I wouldn't be able to go to the first games. I went to the Jets ticketmaster portal and listed my 300 level seats for $400 a pair and all three sets sold within an hour.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
My company just gave me lower bowl tickets for the leafs to bring some VIP clients who know jack **** about hockey. 1999.99 USD value. The fan inside me says holy **** let’s go. The logical person inside me says sell them and bring them elsewhere . Don’t even care if I land the clients to be honest

I’m going
2k for one ticket or for all of them?

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
So the Flames had 3rd level nosebleeds that normally sell for $25-30 a game with food for STH were selling for as high as $280 during this mornings presale. You can't even see the jumbotron from these seats.

That about ends my desire to go to any games this playoffs. That is insanity.

How are playoff tickets looking like in your city?

:biglaugh:

In all honesty I have no idea, usually because even at face value they are not really within the budget to get more than one, and going to a game alone is not really that fun.

The Leafs usually do hold a small amount back for release on game day, but those get snapped up fast.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Just looked right now cheapest available are $300 for row 13 upper bowl. Best seats Row 2 lower bowl are $1680 each
I just looked on Ticketmaster's website and for Game 6 a single platinum ticket in section 121, row 5 at face value costs $727.

However another platinum seat on Ticketmaster at face value in section 107, row 1 costs $1,363.

PuckItUp27

Sep 26, 2017
Tried to got to Isles game 2 at the coliseum cheapest was $250-300 all the way up top day of.

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly
Just read through all 7 pages. No surprise to me that many atmospheres around the league aren't what they used to be. The average fan can't afford to go to games, the price of bringing her or his family to the game...my gosh.

My Roma season tickets, at midfield, are approx. $40 a game USD. I went to the Roma Liverpool CL Semi-Final last year...$50 USD.

Any significant raise in ticket prices, fans here in Italy (and Europe) complain and boycott. Americans would rather just not go, and have their seats go to corporate America or ticket brokers. Shame really.

Prices are just going to keep going up, and sports are going to change big time.

Reactions: Lomez

Neutral Hockey Fan

Sep 24, 2010
Just got 3 tickets for game 6 in Toronto. Upper bowl behind the net. Not great seats. Came to $1,300 US (about $1,750 Canadian). About what I expected. Those were the cheapest tickets available for 3 people

Neutral Hockey Fan

Sep 24, 2010
There’s currently 4 seat licences on sale for $375,000. That doesn’t even include the tickets, just the license to get season tickets to those 4 seats.
I was on wait list for 22 years. Earlier in the year I climbed high enough that I could purchase a licence. Cheapest one was the worst seats in the house. License for those tickets was $90,000 per seat (plus the coast of the actual tickets. Ya, that’s the absolute LEAST expensive licence). Had to take a hard pass

$90,000 (x2) just to purchase the licence to the seat. $180,000. Thanks Toronto

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
The PSL situation in Toronto is insane.

Season ticket holders take a lot of heat in Las Vegas for selling tickets for twice face value or more, I'd hate to see what people would do if there was an insane PSL secondary market like Toronto's involved. Riots may happen.

Chris18820

Nov 11, 2018
That's also for the first round. Can you imagine the face value if Toronto made it to the Stanley Cup Final.
Yeah first round on the glass are $1363 a seat. Reds were $550. Upper bowl is around $400 for greens.
Dont quote me but iirc its supposed to go up about 40% a round.
If they were to make the finals, I believe it will be $1000 for upper bowl.

Chris18820

Nov 11, 2018
Only a moron would waste 10k + on hockey tickets, unless they're loaded.
There is a ton of money in this city, the Leafs have the longest drought of any major relevant sports franchise at 52 years and hockey is like religion here.
I remember ticket prices to Wrigley field in the NLCS and World series in 2016 were starting at over 4 figures on stubhub for trash seats.

Chris18820

Nov 11, 2018
Just read through all 7 pages. No surprise to me that many atmospheres around the league aren't what they used to be. The average fan can't afford to go to games, the price of bringing her or his family to the game...my gosh.

My Roma season tickets, at midfield, are approx. $40 a game USD. I went to the Roma Liverpool CL Semi-Final last year...$50 USD.
Prices are just going to keep going up, and sports are going to change big time.
There are plenty of venues around the league that are affordable for families. I think the Panthers had family specials on, 4 tickets, parking and food for $99 at one point.
But yes, the reason why the atmosphere is poor at Scotiabank is because its too corporate. Most families cant afford to spend $1000 (for nosebleeds) to go see the Leafs play Ottawa on a Tuesday night lol.

As far as Roma goes, the Stadio Olimpico holds 4x as many people as the average NHL arena.

The Leafs figure they can price tickets high and stop scalpers from making money.
The market dictates the pricing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad