Pre-Game Talk: Playoff Series: WSH Leads Toronto 3gms to 2 #WeGotThis

Joedoggy

Feb 7, 2017
The big question for game 5 is this, Does Capitol coaching tell Leaf coaching again before the game they are making changes? Moving physicality up the lineup to play against lightweights, Trots realizing his 4th line physicality was outmatched for 3 games against the leafs 4th line.

Or does Babcock once again miss the boat and sits his 4th line because the Caps sat theirs, if this happens as in game 4 the series is OVER.

You can do it Babs just get over your" reinventing the game ego" and send out the players that can slow down the Capitols. Even Marners comments saying the team goes as the 4th line goes says it all, when the players know it and coaching don't theres a problem.

Maybe a little less pretending your playing from the bench will get things back on track:nod:

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Well the Leafs have yet to play their game, Caps have yet to play their game, goal- tending has been pretty shaky for both teams, we have not seen the animosity that most teams brew when playing a long series, we have yet to see a player give a cheap shot which is normal in a long series, feels like both teams are afraid to play their game.

Its going to be a real challenge for the Leafs to beat the Caps tonight, IMO the Leafs allowed the Caps to get some wind in their sails by playing so bad in game 4. Hope I'm wrong.

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
Some people just look for reasons to be pessimistic.

Momentum doesn't transfer game to game. In game, it's huge...between games, there is no carry over.

It's going to OT again tonight

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
I will harness my power of the rats to help the Leafs tonight.

Gotta stock up on cheese, my flute, and rat powers.

Komarov and Kadri will benefit the most.

GrizzLeaf

Registered Bear
Aug 13, 2010
Quebec
Leafs will win this one 5 - 3 in overtime :D

I sure hope the AHL call up isn't someone that will take liberties with our goalie or one of the hot rookies.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Some people just look for reasons to be pessimistic.

Momentum doesn't transfer game to game. In game, it's huge...between games, there is no carry over.

It's going to OT again tonight

There is definitely no carry over in most cases.

In 93' when we upset Detroit in the first round, we got blown out in games 1, 2, and 6. We won games 3, 4, 5, and 7 by one goal including OT in games 5 and 7.

If there is any carry over from the last game, it would be in our favour anyway considering how we stormed back.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
It's time for Andersen to step up it's time for him to not allow 3+ goals a night he NEEDS to show the level of goaltending he showed for 90% of the regular season we haven't seen that yet.

STEP UP ANDERSEN

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad