Pre-Game Talk: Playoff Series: WSH Leads Toronto 3gms to 2 #WeGotThis

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I figure it's just nice to have a one solid thread for series talk after the GDT like the playoff forum.

In the Previous Thread:
No one in media thinks Toronto can win.
Marincin is in, Zaitzev is out.

Last edited:

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Only mediaite I have heard say we can win is Sid.... and that gives me no confidence.

I just hope we can compete and make the Caps earn it. And, if, by chance, we can win some games then good.

Approaching this like the season... which 95% of us thought would be over by now!

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
Zaitsev out is a huge blow, hard to sugar coat that. Last game of season too frig sakes.

Leafs27

Ceci n'est pas un joueur de hockey.
Mar 13, 2007
Kingston, ON
Come back home with at least one win, and I'll be pumped.

Remember, this is Washington... in the playoffs. If we bring our "A" game for 60 minutes (which I sincerely hope we do), we'll be a competitor.

willmma

Jan 5, 2017
If you look at the numbers Washington has the least Goals against.

That said, this is no thanks to the Leafs though. Out of all 29 teams Toronto scored the 3rd most against the Capitals at 10 goals in 3 games. only Pitts (14 in 4) and Isles (13 in 5) had more.

I would also like to think that our third game against them was an anomaly (second in back to back, tired, back up goalie, other excuses, etc...) we scored 9 goals in the first 2. At 4.5 goals average we have the HIGHEST (tied to Anaheim) goals against the Capitals average in the LEAGUE.

I cant wait. The whole world is underestimating us. The CAPS will get blind sided, they wont know what hit them. The LEAFS are coming! The LEAFS are coming.

tumblr_lmcc4ne7Sv1qh6yt5o1_500.jpg

:amazed::amazed:

QJo

Luke Warmtakes
Dec 8, 2016
Ontario
other playoff games are so much more exciting now that they don't remind me that our season is done.

#Cormeantit
#standwitness

TMLegend

May 27, 2012
Somewhere
Only mediaite I have heard say we can win is Sid.... and that gives me no confidence.

I just hope we can compete and make the Caps earn it. And, if, by chance, we can win some games then good.

Approaching this like the season... which 95% of us thought would be over by now!

Glenn Healy said the Leafs have a chance, for whatever that's worth.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Gunnarsson Phaneuf
Gardiner Franson
Liles O'Byrne
Fraser Kostka

or

Gardiner Zaitsev
Rielly Carrick
Hunwick Polak
Marincin Marchenko

The first group did okay against the contending Bruins.

Go4soda

Dec 15, 2015
Come back home with at least one win, and I'll be pumped.

Remember, this is Washington... in the playoffs. If we bring our "A" game for 60 minutes (which I sincerely hope we do), we'll be a competitor.

Leafs '17: every time people think they're out of it, they bounce back and survive.

Caps (past 10 years): every time people think this is the year they do it, they disappoint in the playoffs.

Let's see what happens

Raym11

Oct 6, 2009
We have to fight back physically, gonna need Komarov and Kadri to step up and play on the edge a bit.

I'm gonna assume Kadri might end up in the box a few times, so we will need some great PKing as well.

Gardiner,Nylander are my picks for our skaters to be the driving forces behind this series. I don't think Matthews will have a good series scoring wise, Caps are going to focus shutting him down. Nylander should have more space. What version of Gardiner we get will also matter. He's also one of our best puck carriers when he's on IMO, getting that zone entry will be crucial

Also, who is Ovechkin going to attempt to disintegrate with a hit to set the tone early? Kadri? This is going to be one of the most exciting series in a long time for hockey as long as the Leafs don't just roll over.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Maybe I'm the only one but I don't see a big drop off from an injured Zaitsev to Marincin. A healthy Marincin is better than an injured Zaitsev. Let's hope that he can have a big game. We don't have much behind our top six defenseman. I bet Dermott is better than any D outside of top six but the Leafs won't put Dermott in that situation. He's better off with the Marlies.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Glib is an outdated word meaning insincere

I hold on to words too long, it's a problem

Ohhh yeah.

One issue with being 95% Sass and Sarcasm is that about 10% of people don't understand and yell at me

AngryScotsman

Feb 17, 2013
Northern Ontario
We have to fight back physically, gonna need Komarov and Kadri to step up and play on the edge a bit.

I'm gonna assume Kadri might end up in the box a few times, so we will need some great PKing as well.

Gardiner,Nylander are my picks for our skaters to be the driving forces behind this series. I don't think Matthews will have a good series scoring wise, Caps are going to focus shutting him down. Nylander should have more space. What version of Gardiner we get will also matter. He's also one of our best puck carriers when he's on IMO, getting that zone entry will be crucial

Also, who is Ovechkin going to attempt to disintegrate with a hit to set the tone early? Kadri? This is going to be one of the most exciting series in a long time for hockey as long as the Leafs don't just roll over.

For whatever reason the past few games it seems like it's actually been Bozak leading the charge to the box more than anyone else

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad