Pre-Game Talk: Playoff Series: WSH Leads Toronto 3gms to 2 #WeGotThis

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Some people just look for reasons to be pessimistic.

Momentum doesn't transfer game to game. In game, it's huge...between games, there is no carry over.

It's going to OT again tonight

Guilty as charged.

In life, day to day, I'm generally a positive person, I'm the guy who's usually the first to crack a joke or first to step up to help a friend if they are down. I believe you get back the energy to put out in the world, so I try to stay positive and surround myself with positive people.

When it comes to my much loved leafs, they have broke my heart so many times, I naturally expect them to continue on that track...no matter if logic says that this years team is different. In my mind if they ever win the cup, I would expect them to find a way lose it two weeks later.:shakehead

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Guilty as charged.

In life, day to day, I'm generally a positive person, I'm the guy who's usually the first to crack a joke or first to step up to help a friend if they are down. I believe you get back the energy to put out in the world, so I try to stay positive and surround myself with positive people.

When it comes to my much loved leafs, they have broke my heart so many times, I naturally expect them to continue on that track...no matter if logic says that this years team is different. In my mind if they ever win the cup, I would expect them to find a way lose it two weeks later.:shakehead

our beloved boys in blue sure did a number on us, eh?

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
What a joke :laugh: Hope he gets lit up tonight and we see all those bounces were "just getting" come to fruition.

What I like about what Holtby said is he thinks the goals that he is letting in are beyond his control, meaning its in his head now, he's thinking that he has no control over GA. This is how slumps start. You can see his frustration since game 1, a frustrated goalie and a goalie who thinks bad luck is conspiring against him is a good thing for Toronto.

Naz is right some of the strange goals they are getting is because of hard work, yeah one goes in off a skate or a hip or some other strange way, but if the Leafs are not working hard, these goals never happen. What Holtby needs to worry about is the Leafs can score high-skill goals and they have not shown much of that so far. Nylanders wrister from the faceoff dot, Matthews wrister from the slot, Naz taking out the garbage in front of the net, JVR tight down low, Bozie one on one.

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007
What I like about what Holtby said is he thinks the goals that he is letting in are beyond his control, meaning its in his head now, he's thinking that he has no control over GA. This is how slumps start. You can see his frustration since game 1, a frustrated goalie and a goalie who thinks bad luck is conspiring against him is a good thing for Toronto.

Naz is right some of the strange goals they are getting is because of hard work, yeah one goes in off a skate or a hip or some other strange way, but if the Leafs are not working hard, these goals never happen. What Holtby needs to worry about is the Leafs can score high-skill goals and they have not shown much of that so far. Nylanders wrister from the faceoff dot, Matthews wrister from the slot, Naz taking out the garbage in front of the net, JVR tight down low, Bozie one on one.

Holtby should shut his goddamn mouth! That chirping to the ref the other night when no Leaf came near him (and it was his own player who bumped him) was disgraceful.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Holtby should shut his goddamn mouth! That chirping to the ref the other night when no Leaf came near him (and it was his own player who bumped him) was disgraceful.

It was awesome, if he is concerned about phantom goalie interference. That is fine by me, someone on the Leafs got in his head.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
he will be too distracted by the constant pressure to hold back the gates preventing the washington ice crew from forcing their way onto the ice.

LOL... I sure hope so...but that was pretty funny in game 1 when they all sprinted onto the ice.

Goose

Apr 18, 2006
Same lineup i guess? No Marchenko over Marincin?

I put very little faith in the +/- stat, but I thought it was interesting when someone pointed out to me that Marincin is our leading +/- guy right now.

TorMapleJays

Jun 24, 2012
He hasn't been a problem at all. No one really has. The only play that really made me upset was the 5th goal in the game 4. Carrick tries to put the puck between his legs moving across our own blue line and it hits the back of his skate leading to conner brown to fan on the pass attempt out of the zone. Other then that I really think we've gone toe to toe with the nhls best team. I fully expect a hard faught win tomorrow. But no matter what happens. The leafs are a play off team. And a very good play off team at that.
Ground floor going up!

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
I don't want the ride to end tomorrow.
please win, kiddos.
At the very least I think that's something most can agree on. Probably one of the only things though :laugh:. There's no escaping the infighting within the fanbase.

Hopefully the ride doesn't end with the next game. If they bring their best effort of the series they can certainly win. But we just have to see what happens. Play their best and try to win this one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad