Playoff Race/Standings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Islanders playing Rangers tonight who played last night, Raanta likely getting the start again. Lundqvist likely back next week. Rangers winning tonight will give me double pleasure, but not liking the odds since Isles have been rested.

Toronto playing a tough Columbus team tonight, even a point would hurt Tampa tonight. It's their game in hand so really not much of a factor if they lose. Also looking at the standings. Where the heck did Carolina come from? 2 points behind Tampa and with a game in hand. Damn.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Sorry I don't answer your questions, sometimes I need a prescription to read through some of that stuff. And some of the other stuff? [MOD]

I do answer you, you just reply by beating around the bush then firing back an essay. [MOD] who do we replace Cooper with? I dunno? anyone who's a better fit to which Cooper clearly isn't? Considering our position at the time was last in the East there wasn't a lot of people who could've done worse.

So now we're gonna throw up our hands and say "I don't know." We're going to say that a question that would have to be answered is [MOD] generalize that no one could have done worse.

News Flash: in the real world, the decision for an in-season coaching termination is handled with a short list of "near immediate" replacements in mind because sometimes it might take a few days or sometimes a new coach is immediately named. If you cannot be bothered to think at least that far ahead about the consequences of the change you so desperately crave then all you're doing is complaining for the sake of complaining. In the end it doesn't matter how many reasons you have to fire a coach if you cannot take the next step in finding a replacement in his stead.

So my apologies, I guess it's unfair to ask the most vocal advocate of Cooper's termination of who he would replace the coach with.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
So now we're gonna throw up our hands and say "I don't know." We're going to say that a question that would have to be answered is [MOD] generalize that no one could have done worse.

News Flash: in the real world, the decision for an in-season coaching termination is handled with a short list of "near immediate" replacements in mind because sometimes it might take a few days or sometimes a new coach is immediately named. If you cannot be bothered to think at least that far ahead about the consequences of the change you so desperately crave then all you're doing is complaining for the sake of complaining. In the end it doesn't matter how many reasons you have to fire a coach if you cannot take the next step in finding a replacement in his stead.

So my apologies, I guess it's unfair to ask the most vocal advocate of Cooper's termination of who he would replace the coach with.

[MOD] We don't have access to potential coaches available beyond a few notable NHL coaches out of jobs. Is there a Junior coach that has a decent system? AHL coach? Swiss coach?

That's for Yzerman to find out. **** - promote an assistant for the rest of the year. Just get Coop out.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
[MOD] We don't have access to potential coaches available beyond a few notable NHL coaches out of jobs. Is there a Junior coach that has a decent system? AHL coach? Swiss coach?

That's for Yzerman to find out. **** - promote an assistant for the rest of the year. Just get Coop out.

Mach, you're a tough as nails critic but what you did there was actually answer the question. That's the difference. Your basis of "Fire Cooper" has foundation and resolution because you took 30 seconds to actually use your head to think ahead. Not only that, you comprehensively pointed out that we don't have access to many suitable replacements. Then, you said, "Promote an assistant" which in it's own right is perhaps the most common solution to an in-season coaching change and would have been a logical choice in our situation. Ideal? No but it's never ideal when you fire your coach.

Your half a minute of thought is literally all I'm looking for here.

Fans have their right to want their coach fired. But a simple question that took him weeks to answer was met with a broad generalization that no one could have done worse considering we were last place in the Eastern Conference and that he should be replaced by anyone who is a better fit.

Nothing was stopping him from saying the same thing as you.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Toronto won and the Islanders are winning 3-2 with 5 left in the 3rd.

It's over for us

Yeah not a good 48 hours for this team. Over on the Rangers forum, everyone scratching their heads to how they lost to a terrible Devils team, and just gave the Islanders playoff hope. :shakehead

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009

Hey buddy, not sure what kinda world you live in but in my world, if someone's not doing their job properly they're fired before they make things worse - this happens all the time in the NHL when a coach is fired and there's no "immediate" replacement, instead they wait until the off-season to hire a fresh coach. Not sure where you're getting this presumption that it doesn't happen.

Not sure if you can be bothered to look at the present but we're missing the playoffs and just played 100+ games over the past 2 years of ****** hockey.

Sigh, you're asking a fan on a message board to give you a perfect coach for this team? :laugh: talk about being an apologist eh. Cooper isn't working, try someone else, anyone else, hard to understand?

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009

No clearly you missed his point, if I name someone, they should be the new head coach.

In all seriousness, it is exactly Yzerman's job to find a coach who fits this team, how the hell is anyone supposed to know who that is without the inside information, all we know is Cooper isn't working. Do we hire someone just off reputation if they become available? hell no, it's all about fit and that could be any random coach out there for all I know. But apparently that's too hard a concept to understand.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Not as bad as I thought.

It still doesn't look good from perspective because they haven't looked good the last 3 games. I don't want to say it's impossible because crazier things have happened before but I certainly wouldn't bet on it.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
It still doesn't look good from perspective because they haven't looked good the last 3 games. I don't want to say it's impossible because crazier things have happened before but I certainly wouldn't bet on it.

Yeah, but 15 is manageable.

(If the team defense shows up to the games)

Major4Boarding

Unfamiliar Moderator
Jan 30, 2009
South of Heaven

Agreed. Lose tonight, however, and you can stick a fork in it. Lose any 2 between now and the Dallas game and its kaput

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Agreed. Lose tonight, however, and you can stick a fork in it. Lose any 2 between now and the Dallas game and its kaput

I think tonight is the pivotal game. If they lose tonight, then think it's over. If they win, there still is a shot. 9 games left after this one.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
lol it's already over, Tampa would have to go 8-0-2 to finish with 95 points, Boston and the Islanders would only have to play decent to make that mark.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
lol it's already over, Tampa would have to go 8-0-2 to finish with 95 points, Boston and the Islanders would only have to play decent to make that mark.

This.

Even if it was up to them in the last game, they'd still bottle it. A team that can't beat the Coyotes doesn't deserve to be in the playoffs and I don't mean that to be rude toward their fans it's just the truth. This roster is banged up and not up for it this year. Last two years were close.

We are the Tampa Bay Rangers. FML.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
This.

Even if it was up to them in the last game, they'd still bottle it. A team that can't beat the Coyotes doesn't deserve to be in the playoffs and I don't mean that to be rude toward their fans it's just the truth. This roster is banged up and not up for it this year. Last two years were close.

We are the Tampa Bay Rangers. FML.

Yep, called it.

Except the Rangers actually made the playoffs and lost the first round after a SCF and ECF trip.

Only gets harder from here, now they have a 3 year old monkey on their backs.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
I'd still never say never I saw Boston fall on there faces to give the wings a playoff spot last year! And we know the history of Toronto lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad