Playoff Race/Standings

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
3 years in a row finishing 2nd in the Atlantic and we're gonna finish 5th and miss playoffs. What a bust of a year. This team was a cup or bust team since 2015, this was the final cap friendly year for us as well. Just wasn't meant to be.

RDTBay4

Apr 28, 2014
Clearwater, FL
636114029461480168-1495805600_giphy%20(2).gif

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
You know what SAI? You're right. I need to forget it.

It's not gonna matter how many different ways I attempt to explain the weaknesses of the roster nor how much thought I put into it when this is the kind of stuff we hear after a rare win in Boston

Way to go boys, I knew this team could do it, 100% faith the entire time, on our way to the playoffs baby. lol @ you guys who said we couldn't make it, this was a statement game and boy did we make one. Only 8 more wins in 10 games to go, Kuch is on fire, Drouin is on fire, Cooper is on fire, Sustr is in Norris form, watch out Boston

I'm not gonna get anywhere when a completely hypothetical question of who to replace Cooper with is met with an immediate connection to the "that's Yzerman's job" department despite the fact that a coaching change comes from a final decision made by Yzerman as well. Yet he's spent almost 2 years banging that drum.

Oh well

Last edited:

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
If only they would have beat the Coyotes, like they should have :shakehead

Ugh... that was a bad game.

But more like - if only we didn't wait until February to start playing hockey. Points in December are worth just as much as points in March.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014

But more like - if only we didn't wait until February to start playing hockey. Points in December are worth just as much as points in March.

Yep, we had some catastrophic failures by players we needed to step up when Stamkos went down for most of the year.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Statistically, a regulation win by Boston helps us the most. An OT win by the Isles hurts us the most.

Nautica54

Nov 28, 2015

Actually much hasn't changed....third and fourth kind still is contributing 0 offense and the only difference is Kuch has gone into beast mode and Hedman to an extent, trying to drag this team into the playoffs.

I felt that stretch when Bish was hurt and Vasy had that string of bad games giving up 4-6 goals every night, along with the losses to AZ, VAN, and COL.....that's the difference here.

Kucherovs production the past 17 games has been godly and the only reason we aren't in last place right now.

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
For whatever it's worth, Sportsclubstats says a Boston win gives TB a +0.3% improvement in their playoff odds; a +0.6% improvement if the Islanders win. That difference is negligible as hell and doesn't really change my view that Boston winning is TB's more practical remaining road.

Don't forget Carolina, btw - 77 points with two games in hand on TB, one on NYI. They also still get the Islanders at home one more time before the year ends. They have a very manageable game tonight at home vs. last-place New Jersey, so they can still make this interesting as well.

Lovethiscity

Nov 9, 2014
Tampa, FL
I don't mind Boston winning tonight because their schedule is tougher coming up and who doesn't like seeing the home crowd disappointed, especially in NY

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
For whatever it's worth, Sportsclubstats says a Boston win gives TB a +0.3% improvement in their playoff odds; a +0.6% improvement if the Islanders win. That difference is negligible as hell and doesn't really change my view that Boston winning is TB's more practical remaining road.

Don't forget Carolina, btw - 77 points with two games in hand on TB, one on NYI. They also still get the Islanders at home one more time before the year ends. They have a very manageable game tonight at home vs. last-place New Jersey, so they can still make this interesting as well.

You have that backwards. A NYI win gives us a +.3 and a Boston win gives us a +.6.

I think this game may decide our season and we aren't even playing in it. If Boston wins then they jump 3 points ahead of us, but we will have a game in hand AND a game left against them. Also leaves the Isles only 1 point ahead of us even in games.

If the Isles win then they are 3 points ahead, even in games and with no head-to-head games left. Much harder gap to close.

Just please god no 3 point game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->