Series Talk: Playoff Qualifier Series: Minnesota Wild vs Vancouver Canucks (VAN wins 3-1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
You don't match lines based on who's played with who in the past.

You want a shutdown line of x-Staal-Zuccarello just because they've both played with Miller briefly?

Sure, we can bring up Luke Johnson to play against the Horvat-Boeser line.

Zuccarello and Miller were teammates for 5 years...

Eric was more a hello and goodbye thing, I believe he didn't get along with his brother lol

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN

Opening night starter: Saturday’s scrimmage provided the first real competition in net as Stalock, Dubnyk and Kahkonen battle for the No. 1 spot to start the best-of-five qualifying round against the Vancouver Canucks.
Kahkonen gave up no goals in the third period and overtime, Stalock gave up one goal in two periods and Dubnyk gave up three.

Stalock, who went 11-4-1 down the stretch and won a career-high 20 games, is the frontrunner a week into camp to get that “opening night” nod.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Greenway-Staal-Fiala
Parise-Galchenyuk-Zuccarello
Donato-Ek-Kunin
Foligno-Koivu-Hartman

Seems like the best option to me as an outsider, on paper atleast.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Greenway-Staal-Fiala
Parise-Galchenyuk-Zuccarello
Donato-Ek-Kunin
Foligno-Koivu-Hartman

Seems like the best option to me as an outsider, on paper atleast.

Donato doesn't match up with Ek and Kunin. He and Foligno switch places, and the Ek line plays shutdown against Pettersson.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Donato doesn't match up with Ek and Kunin. He and Foligno switch places, and the Ek line plays shutdown against Pettersson.
That does seem better, and prob necessary for to shut down EP for the wild to be successful.
Good thing is he is very scrawny still and can be muted by physicality.

If Fiala can continue being a force, and one of the 3 goalies can make saves the wild should win.

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
Miller - Pettersson - Boeser vs. Parise - Ek - Kunin
Pearson - Horvat - Toffoli vs. Greenway - Staal - Fiala
Roussel - Gaudette - Virtanen vs. Donato - Galchenyuk - Zuccarello
Motte - Beagle - Eriksson vs. Foligno - Koivu - Hartman

I'd like to see Sturm given an opportunity with Donato & Lizard while Galchenyuk moves to 4th line RW and Hartman gets bumped.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
No way Galchenyuk deserves a 2nd line spot. A 3rd line of Donato/Galch/Zucc would be really ugly...soft, soft, and 5'2"

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Actually against the Canucks it could be a smart strategy to put him on the top line, then he will probably face one of their weapons a lot, JT Miller. Those two know each other inside out, teammates on the Rangers for several years. Goes both ways of course, but the younger Miller still has the respect...
Where are you getting this idea that it’s 1st line vs 1st line, 2nd line vs 2nd line...?

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
This is not training camp. It's prepping for the playoffs. Addison is not going to play. Why would they give him reps on the PP?

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
This is not training camp. It's prepping for the playoffs. Addison is not going to play. Why would they give him reps on the PP?
They shouldn't be planning on having Hunt play either, but he's practicing. Sane goes for Dubnyk

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
I don't mean to be disparaging, but I don't think Vancouver has much to worry about with the Wild PP.
I think it's best the Wild stay out of the box. 5 on 5 is where the Wild will beat them.
The Wild PP was actually really good.

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
He's the 6th best d-man this organization has and the 10th best d-man this org has is being gifted 2nd unit PP time. You tell me how much sense that makes.

Mickey the mouse

Jun 30, 2013
He's the 6th best d-man this organization has and the 10th best d-man this org has is being gifted 2nd unit PP time. You tell me how much sense that makes.
1 no contact shinny scrimmage and "he's the 6th best D in org and Hunt 10th "

C'mon, obviously the kid has talent BUT let's see just a little bit more of him.

Reactions: 57special

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
They shouldn't be planning on having Hunt play either, but he's practicing. Sane goes for Dubnyk
Nonetheless, Hunt is playing and Dubnyk may play. I'm not saying that's how it should be, but that's how it is, so the decision on personnel today makes sense.

Amebushi

Jul 14, 2020
I don't mean to be disparaging, but I don't think Vancouver has much to worry about with the Wild PP.
I think it's best the Wild stay out of the box. 5 on 5 is where the Wild will beat them.
As a Vancouver fan I agree with you...not to say The Wild can’t score on the power play though. Vancouver’s strength lies in its youth with some vets playing with them. When the PK goes out it’s all out defence. 5 on 5 I feel Minnesota has an edge due to experience and patience. Outside amid a few guys (Miller, Beagle, Sutter) there isn’t a lot of big game experience and mistakes will happen. Usually in transition and due to nerves more than lack of skill. If Minnesota wants to beat Van I don’t expect it to be an exciting series...solid play at both ends of the rink, keep the big guns to the outside and capitalize on the chances you do get...something the wild are good at. Gonna be an interesting one to watch on a strategic level. I think coaching could play a big role. What’s the general consensus on your coach? Ours is heavily criticized and questioned by everyone...like every other coach we’ve ever had hahaha

Reactions: a79krgm
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad