Series Talk: Playoff Qualifier Series: Minnesota Wild vs Vancouver Canucks (VAN wins 3-1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
A new episode of Beyond Our Ice. Good stuff, fans really like these :thumbu:

Last edited:

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN

The first five days, the team’s traveling party is only able to interact with each other and essentially go to practice, the game rink, the team’s lounge and their own hotel room. Unlike the rest of the playoffs, teams are assigned one restaurant and a specific window where they can eat to assure social distancing from each other in case it’s unknown that a player or a team has been exposed to COVID-19.

The Wild’s locker room for Games 1 and 2 is an auxiliary locker room essentially built for the playoffs, while the Canucks will use the Oilers’ home locker room for Games 1 and 2.
Flying to/from Edmonton

— Players wore team-issued Adidas track suits, had to get temperature checks and wear masks throughout the flight.

— No food service was allowed on the plane, so the Wild’s culinary team provided a prepackaged entrée, sandwich or wrap along with granola/snack mix and fruit. Bottled water and sanitation packs were on each seat, and specialty beverages were available for pickup before entering the Boeing 757.
In the Bubble
CLEAR App and testing

— Players and staff must walk to the arena daily for COVID-19 molecular testing.

— All members have downloaded a specially-created health app from CLEAR.

— All members of the bubble must answer a symptom questionnaire each day before leaving their hotel room. If symptoms arise that cause a red flag, the app will immediately turn red and the Wild team members must contact Worley immediately.

— All members of the traveling party are subject to temperature checks throughout the bubble.

— A credential must be worn inside the bubble at all times.

— Each night, O’Hearn must file a report with the league verifying each member was compliant in every facet of the strict health rules. So if O’Hearn sees a player not wearing his mask in a public space, he literally has to admonish them.
So much more detail in the article! Can't clip nearly enough...

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Sign up for a free trial... you can always cancel if you don't feel it's worth it.

Also, doesn't just having the app give you a free article or two per week?
unsure, I don't have the app and my luck id forget then have to pay for the membership and forget I have it even.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
I think you'll get 40% off a $60 annual subscription. That's a pretty good deal.

Wasted Talent

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2011
unsure, I don't have the app and my luck id forget then have to pay for the membership and forget I have it even.

You can cancel it right away after subscribing for the free trial. You still get the full free month if you do that.

Or at least that's what I did.

Reactions: TaLoN

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
You know, I think this whole no fans- location exclusive/ player exclusive areas thing will be as fascinating as the qualifier round and first round.

It's almost like some hybrid Olympic or World Cup of hockey, except no fans in the stands. I really, really want to see what this does to the energy and on ice interactions.

The players are in a total 'bubble', it reminds me of how the old Red Army teams were trained- isolation, couldn't see family sometimes for months.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I get giving Stalock the start just based on his body of work at the end of the season. He earned it by helping get us back into playoff contention, but if he flops and we come-back with Dubnyk, not Kahkonen, I’ll start questioning Evason.

Reactions: TaLoN

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Dubnyk confirmed as starter then? lol. It wouldn't make sense to not play who is starting for the playoffs in the exhibition game...

They'll probably both play half like Pittsburgh did with Jarry and Murray and whoever performs better will start Sunday. I'm just assuming Evason is saying don't read into it because he still doesn't know.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
They'll probably both play half like Pittsburgh did with Jarry and Murray and whoever performs better will start Sunday. I'm just assuming Evason is saying don't read into it because he still doesn't know.
Yeah, but having Dubnyk even as backup over Kahkonen is a mistake.

Dubs was terrible during the season, terrible during the scrimmages, he's done as a goaltender in this league.

Reactions: Digitalbooya

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
From a coaches perspective, starting Stalock is probably the smart move. As much as I dislike him, he played really well down the stretch and earned a chance to see if he can continue to do that. It's also much easier to go to Kahkonen if Stalock falls flat on his face. Putting the pressure of being the guy from the start could backfire on Kahkonen and set him back going into the future. Turning to him after Stalock shits the bed Would put him in a "nothing to lose" kind of mindset.

If Dubnyk plays a game in the playoffs, I would fire both Evason and Guerin.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
I am also interested to see how the game is played without the noise of the fans. Fans, for better or worse, are a distraction. They alter the game. No fans? What will change? Will guys concentrate better? Will we see cleaner, faster, better hockey?

I have no idea if it'll be the same or not. I mean I wouldn't ever expect a big change, but maybe little ones.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
My whole thing is Dubnyk shouldn't be playing at all. I'm cool with Stalock.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Yeah, but having Dubnyk even as backup over Kahkonen is a mistake.

Dubs was terrible during the season, terrible during the scrimmages, he's done as a goaltender in this league.
My whole thing is Dubnyk shouldn't be playing at all. I'm cool with Stalock.

I don't disagree, but I don't see a situation where they wouldn't go with Stalock and Dubnyk to start. It's just realistic to not throw Kahkonen straight into the fire. Especially after they didn't even bring a guy like Addison. Kahkonen never had a chance.

Reactions: Digitalbooya
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad