Series Talk: Playoff Qualifier Series: Minnesota Wild vs Vancouver Canucks (VAN wins 3-1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Slight change in start time...

First game is still 9:30, but second game is 9:45, not 3:30.

Of course, could be later if earlier games go to overtime.

Woof, feeling bad for you guys right about now. Almost 10 o clock start time? That's insane.

SMTHook

Mar 23, 2015
What is the TV schedule? All games national and available? Curious about my baseball package as well but this might not be the place for it. :)

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Zuccarello has been skating on the 3rd line, I'm not sure he's going to be okay with that. Perhaps it's an effort by Evason to balance the lines, then he may accept it since there are a few forwards on this team who really don't work that well together.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Zuccarello has been skating on the 3rd line, I'm not sure he's going to be okay with that. Perhaps it's an effort by Evason to balance the lines, then he may accept it since there are a few forwards on this team who really don't work that well together.
I don't care if Zucc is ok with where he's put in the lineup. If that's where to coach thinks he belongs, that's where he should play.

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
I don't care if Zucc is ok with where he's put in the lineup. If that's where to coach thinks he belongs, that's where he should play.
Boudreau thought Fiala belonged in the sub-15min/night category. Do you feel that's where he should play too?

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
That wasn't my question.
I said "where", my answer was relevant and consistent with my previous post. You're deflecting to something else entirely for your own agenda.

The coach determines the lines, I don't care if any player has a complaint about what line they're on.

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver

Boudreau thought Fiala belonged in the sub-15min/night category. Do you feel that's where he should play too?

Fiala was still playing on the top line in those 15mins.

I said "where", my answer was relevant and consistent with my previous post. You're deflecting to something else entirely for your own agenda.

The coach determines the lines, I don't care if any player has a complaint about what line they're on.
You're projecting because you know your answer is objectively bad.

Reactions: 2Pair

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
You're projecting because you know your answer is objectively bad.
You forgot the important quote that started the conversation...
My point remains, you have done nothing to refute it.
No he wasn't
His last games when he was hot? Yes he was. When he was slumping in January? No he wasn't.

Guys, this isn't a BB thread anyway, this is the playoff thread, and I literally DO NOT CARE, nor should any of us... if Zuccarello is "ok" with the coach putting him on the 3rd line.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017

Can you explain why Zuccarello should be on the 3rd line when only Staal, Parise and Fiala among the forwards have more points this season? That's what I'd call awful asset management...

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Can you explain why Zuccarello should be on the 3rd line when only Staal, Parise and Fiala among the forwards have more points this season? That's what I'd call awful asset management...
Ask the coach, I haven't seen his linemates yet. Could be that's the better "offensive" opportunity line anyway for all we know. If Ek is centering the 2nd line like he was at the time of the shutdown, then it sounds like they're starting exactly where they left off when Zucc was also on the 3rd line then, yet you seemed fine with it.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Whatever helps the team. I've heard that Evason hopes Galchenyuk will turn into a decent center, and he's using Zuccarello as Gally's mentor, so he wants to keep them together. I believe the plan is by next season to re-sign Gally and move the line to 2nd, and replace Foligno with Kaprizov.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
The difference in EV TOI/game between Parise, Zuccarello, Kunin, Fiala, Greenway and Foligno is LESS THAN 45 seconds. Correct me if I’m wrong, that would be 6 wingers for the top 3 lines no?? If the lines are being rolled evenly, who the f*** cares if Zuccarello is on the third line? The biggest joke for someone not receiving ice time is Donato. Not to whine about the guy who is #2 for wingers in ice time and #2 for wingers in power play ice time...

Reactions: AKL

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
The difference in EV TOI/game between Parise, Zuccarello, Kunin, Fiala, Greenway and Foligno is LESS THAN 45 seconds. Correct me if I’m wrong, that would be 6 wingers for the top 3 lines no?? If the lines are being rolled evenly, who the f*** cares if Zuccarello is on the third line? The biggest joke for someone not receiving ice time is Donato. Not to whine about the guy who is #2 for wingers in ice time and #2 for wingers in power play ice time...

Because you should really play your best players against the opponent's best players. You will normally face them among the top 6...

Zuccarello's playoff stats are very good, one of the most experienced forwards on this team, a reason why they signed him. So if you want the most out of him in the playoffs you really shouldn't put him on the 3rd line.

The 2nd line today didn't impress me at all, except Ek. Parise and Kunin don't look like key players to me. But if Evason wants to keep Galchenyuk and Zuccarello together, I'd say put them both on the 2nd.

How about Donato-Galchenyuk-Zuccarello up there, would this make you happy?

Guffawstev

Apr 26, 2012
Zuccarello played 3rd line with Brassard and Pouliot and it worked out.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Because you should really play your best players against the opponent's best players. You will normally face them among the top 6...

Zuccarello's playoff stats are very good, one of the most experienced forwards on this team, a reason why they signed him. So if you want the most out of him in the playoffs you really shouldn't put him on the 3rd line.

The 2nd line today didn't impress me at all, except Ek. Parise and Kunin don't look like key players to me. But if Evason wants to keep Galchenyuk and Zuccarello together, I'd say put them both on the 2nd.

How about Donato-Galchenyuk-Zuccarello up there, would this make you happy?
Evason doesn't have a whole lot of options with only 1 top 6 center. He's clearly keeping Fiala and Zuccarello apart to try to be able to have 2 scoring lines. Eriksson Ek is obviously going to get the shut down assignment. Donato-Galchenyuk-Zuccarello is probably worth a shot, but I get the feeling they would get destroyed in their own end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino