Playoff Push Thread

TheSting

Jun 22, 2015
I was looking at the offensive parallels between the Hawks and last year's Capitals team, and it's kind of amazing.

Both teams heavily relied/rely on four main forwards for 5v5 and PP scoring. Both teams split those four forwards into two top scoring units. Both teams had one main defenseman driving the powerplay, but that defenseman didn't eat the most 5v5 minutes.

2018 Capitals2019 Hawks
#1 Forward Ovechkin 1.06 PPGKane 1.53 PPG
#2 ForwardKuznetzov 1.05 PPGToews 1.00 PPG
#3 ForwardBackstrom 0.88 PPGDeBrincat 1.00 PPG
#4 ForwardOshie 0.64 PPGStrome 0.97 PPG
PP defensemanCarlson 0.83 PPGGustafsson 0.67 PPG
Supporting defensemenNiskanen 0.43
Orlov 0.38
Keith 0.45
Seabrook 0.40
Supporting forwardsVrana 0.62
Wilson 0.45
Eller 0.45
Saad 0.62
Kahun 0.50
Anisimov 0.48
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Not saying the Hawks will finish this season like the Capitals did last season, but it sure does look like the Hawks have some offensive similarities to last season's Stanley Cup winner.

Also, I'd say the PPG differences between Oshie/Strome and Carlson/Gustafsson about offset each other. Any remaining difference is made up for by Kane's production over Ovechkin's.

No X-factor sandpaper .. Tom Wilson > All the Blackhawks soft ass forwards

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
There is only one more year for Strome and Cat after the one we are in, not really that much time, once that hits this team is gonna have another cap hell scenario if Seabs is around or be really thin some where or another. You saying it will bot hurt that much makes no sense as it hurt last year, it hurt this year, it will hurt next year, and most likely the year after till the "compliance buyout" which is also not guaranteed and was only handed out last time because there was a reduction in cap, which means it will hurt for the duration of the contract which is catastrophic and you can say bye bye to any cups...

Go back and re-read my post. You missed basically everything you are arguing. Strome and Cat we are done with as we have deals ending. I am talking about the rookie D elcs. I spefically said “if” we get a comp buyout it will not hurt bad. This means if we don’t we will be in trouble with the cap.

It didn’t hurt this year and will not hurt next so me saying that it makes perfect sense when you look at it logically.

Depth wise we should be fine as out pipeline is really solid.

Last edited:

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
you speak for everyone now bruh? what a twit, but everyone knows this, lul

Talking about “don’t need to be 6’4” to have grit part” Robin. Everyone mean anyone with a brain. This is not hard Robin. I mean this is the playoff push thread and you are linking Tom Wilson fanboy videos because words are hard.

TheSting

Jun 22, 2015
Talking about “don’t need to be 6’4” to have grit part” Robin. Everyone mean anyone with a brain. This is not hard Robin. I mean this is the playoff push thread and you are linking Tom Wilson fanboy videos because words are hard.

pssst, Panarin is not signing here but feel free to post your 100th Panarin to the Hawks post, lul x 2!!!

TheSting

Jun 22, 2015
Wrong poster Robin. I have said Stone and EK65 should be the targets mostly.

neither are signing onto a full on rebuild bruh, trust me. Less your boy Stanley bribes them to come with 10+++ million, 10 year, NMC deals...but then again, Stan is good for that. LUL X 3!!!!

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
neither are signing onto a full on rebuild bruh, trust me. Less your boy Stanley bribes them to come with 10+++ million, 10 year, NMC deals...but then again, Stan is good for that. LUL X 3!!!!

10 years deals are legal Robin?

Panarin will get 10x7.
Stone will get 9-9.5x7.
EK65 is completely up in the air due to his health.

Chicago is still an big market with a huge draw so the team still can pull elite talent. We will see this summer if big names come here but the rebuild in on the upswing and the players know it plus the chance to play with Kane and Toews looks appealing. LA is still not rock bottom, Toronto and Montreal don’t have the cap, so the Hawks will be competing against the Rangers (maybe Sharks pending EK65).

Trust you? Let’s trust a kid who thinks a name impacts performance.

Naster Okan

Jan 8, 2019
You’re not THE Sting.
F35262E9-C7E1-422D-8303-5C86599B902B.gif

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
Stars go down in regulation, too, for their third straight loss

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
What would people's thought be if we passed on Stone and Panarin and instead sign Matt D for a lesser deal. This would give the team 3c high end centers and 3 legit scoring lines. Just another thought.

88-19-91
12-17-24
20-MD-95 (place holder)
EB-64-MH

The amount of money you'd have to pay Duchene, he's not playing 3C. You'd have to push Strome down the lineup.

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
I rather sign Johansson to a 1 yr deal and Silfverberg/Dzingel to 3-4 years deals (max 5M, likely Dzingel gets more). Save the cap for a trade on a top pair D-man or UFA dman in 2020-21

SnakePlissken

Jun 16, 2015
Hawks SHOULD beat Detroit who are playing for nothing other than roster spots for next season.

4-1 Hawks

St. Louis is currently on track to set the record for the latest date to be dead last and then come back to make the playoffs. If the Hawks make it they will trump that. Who said we couldn't beat the Blues this year? :sarcasm:

Reactions: DontToewzMeBro

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Hawks don’t need ‘moar grit’. They need more talent. All the trades people point to as losses for Bowman were skilled players.

Danault, Teravainen, Panarin.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Hawks don’t need ‘moar grit’. They need more talent. All the trades people point to as losses for Bowman were skilled players.

Danault, Teravainen, Panarin.

There are plenty of talented players without the character in their game to have an impact at the NHL level. Isn't that obvious to people who keep harping about grit not mattering.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Amazing that the Avs odds are 30+ percentage points higher than us, also having 59 points and just one game in hand. Their closing schedule must be significantly softer than ours, or maybe this site's model believes our recent results are not at all sustainable.

That’s probably because the Avs lost 6 or 7 in a row at the exact same time as the Hawks won 7 in a row.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad