Playoff Push Thread

magnificent

Jul 6, 2016
So curious, what's Stan going to do with all of this?

Saad and Anisimov have been playing so well lately, so trading one of them or both doesn't seem right for a team competing for a playoff spot.
But to succeed, the Hawks need a top 4 D-man very much. The defense is just terrible.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010

Saad and Anisimov have been playing so well lately, so trading one of them or both doesn't seem right for a team competing for a playoff spot.
But to succeed, the Hawks need a top 4 D-man very much. The defense is just terrible.

He couldn’t go wrong with doing nothing. The assets we could move are all in team control beyond this season.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL

Think beyond this year. You mention Saad and AA. Both are signed beyond this year so they don't have to move them. If they get overwhelmed sure, if not, keep them.

Don't buy on the hot streak though. No rentals.

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
Yuck, another day of rooting for the Blues

One of Arizona or Vancouver will join us at 61 points in what will hopefully be a two point game

Section88

Kaner? I hardly know her
Jul 11, 2017
AZ and canucks go to OT, 3 point game. AZ wins it. So hawks and yotes tied at 61 with avs and canucks just below at 60

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Hawks are gonna end up separating themselves a bit from the Yotes (who are decimated by injuries) and Nucks (young team, not quite there yet). Wild continue to drop with out their captain and they're sellers; so one would expect we'll also move up on them soon enough.

I just don't know about those Avs. Hawks can do themselves a big favor by winning tomorrow, preferably in regulation. If they do that, and if they beat Dallas on Sunday, we might need to start having some discussions about a possible playoff avatar theme.

DontToewzMeBro

May 8, 2010
The exciting part for me is that we have 6 “4 point games between wild card spot holders right now.

Colorado X 3
Dallas X 3

Those games will be intense and the teams are well aware the Hawks are a big threat to steal a spot.

Both teams (especially Colorado) have given the hawks tough games recently.

Section88

Kaner? I hardly know her
Jul 11, 2017
Just went back and watched some of the highlights from games from the 2010 run. Nostalgia running through my veins. Kane, Toews, Keith know how to win these importsnt games. Its in their DNA. Im expecting big performances in these divisional games from all of them. They want it bad and theyre gonna win them.

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
This question needs to be asked: Should Hawks promote Jokiharju at this time?
You'll probably find lo larger Jokiharju fan in me outside of Portland or Finland, but I still think you keep him down for more seasoning.

Black Ace him by all means if we do make the playoffs since the experience will not be bad for him, but given the current state of our D being somewhere between a tire fire and Centralia, PA I don't think he's going to be the piece that pushes the 'hawks up and over, defensively. Keep his icetime up in Rockford since he's a long-game player.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad