Post-Game Talk: Playoff Push 2019: Oilers 3, Coyotes 1

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Averages 13 goals per season in his career, comes to Edmonton and can't score one.
It’s not like he’s had way worse linemates here or something. He’s if anything had a better opportunity to play high up the lineup than anywhere. It’s maddening.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
That McDavid consistency. No one else has it like he does.

Such a shame he's never had a high end offensive D to help him. As this season has gone on, he's needed to move further and further into his zone to get anything started. Most high scoring guys are taking a rest while the puck is being worked out of their end.

Honestly, two points per game for him isn't that far-fetched. I can see him hitting 150.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Last season I suggested we give Kassian a serious look in a top 6 role due to his grit and skating.
I never mentioned it this season because it seemed he didn't care anymore.
Hitch gives it a try and holy cow did it look good.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Didn't watch the game, was Yamamoto healthy scratched already or why wasn't he in the lineup?

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Larsson has looked way better when paired with him too.

Small sample size alert!

Larsson+Jones from naturalstattrick

26 minutes 5v5
16.67% offensive zone starts on the fly
35.29% offensive zone faceoff starts

53% CF
86% high danger chances % (6 to 1)
33.3% GF % (1 to 2)
0.929 PDO

in the limited time, they have done well. Just really bad luck. Gave up 1 really good chance against in that time, it went in.

By far that's the best partner for Jones so far, not even accounting for the brutal zone starts, plus how he's guaranteed to be playing against the toughest comp for that time.

Todd from Leduc

Connor “The Next Great One” McDavid
Nov 15, 2017
Leduc
After tonight’s performance I see us easily winning the next 5 in a row by dominant margins.

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007
Good game. Larson played real well. Manning good and Petrovic wasnt too bad. The good thing about Petrovic is once we are healthy it puts preasure on Benning. He doesnt get to play just because we dont have any other right shot defense. Maybe can sit him on occasion when he sucks.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Good game. Larson played real well. Manning good and Petrovic wasnt too bad. The good thing about Petrovic is once we are healthy it puts preasure on Benning. He doesnt get to play just because we dont have any other right shot defense. Maybe can sit him on occasion when he sucks.
When you say “on occasion” you mean permanently right?

Reactions: Louis Cypher

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad