Post-Game Talk: Playoff Push 2019: Oilers 3, Coyotes 1

kevy999

Sep 12, 2016
Outplayed by one of the worst teams in the league. The only thing that saved us was Mcdavid and Draisaitl. Looking at the schedule this month we have 4 hard games, Calgary, San Jose, Anaheim and Buffalo. We need to play .750 hockey or better to get back into the race.
oh please give me a break lol lol they are all hard games for every team. There are no easy games anymore and sometimes oilers play better against the so called better teams. Looking at the schedule ahead is just stupid. Play the games as they come because every game should be considered hard by every team

Reactions: Oilers in NS

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
tenor.gif

..................finally.

Reactions: KarmaPolice

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Good to snap the streak. This next stretch is not bad. We could get back in the mix. Especially if we get some bodies back.

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
Intel.
Thanks again to the big boys.

I'm ready for a pee wee game now. Going from Can/Fin wj game to this ultra speed high end elite talent barn burner has made me thirsty for it!

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
If we picked up Davidson on waivers and waived Rieder we would have won 4-0.
What happened to the plan Chia??

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
Anyone else really disappointed with Toby Reider? This is a guy I thought would help our depth scoring. He’s never scored less than 12 goals in an nhl season and is still rocking a goose egg. Unreal.

I wonder how he was at the end of last year......did he have a looch cliff?

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
I actually like the idea of rotating Kassian and Chiasson for the top line.

Kassian does a better job in the trenches, opening up space for McDrai to go to work; while Chiasson has smoother hands in front of the net and possesses a better shot, and is able to finish off plays.

I also thought Lucic had a strong game. Personally I like him and Khaira playing together. Chiasson (or even Pulju) seem like the natural answer to round off this line.

This leaves you to drown Rieder and Brodziak in defensive minutes and usage, but I think they can handle it.

Draisaitl-McDavid-Kassian
Rattie-RNH-Pulju
Lucic-Khaira-Chiasson
Spooner-Brodziak-Rieder

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
Anyone else really disappointed with Toby Reider? This is a guy I thought would help our depth scoring. He’s never scored less than 12 goals in an nhl season and is still rocking a goose egg. Unreal.

Remind me a lot of jokinen from last season. Goes from looking like a solid middle six contributor to coming to the oilers and looking like they've never scored a goal in their life.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Mikko Rantanen: 41 games, 62 points
Connor McDavid: 39 games, 61 points

I like.

That McDavid consistency. No one else has it like he does.

Such a shame he's never had a high end offensive D to help him. As this season has gone on, he's needed to move further and further into his zone to get anything started. Most high scoring guys are taking a rest while the puck is being worked out of their end.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Remind me a lot of jokinen from last season. Goes from looking like a solid middle six contributor to coming to the oilers and looking like they've never scored a goal in their life.
Difference is one guy is in his 20’s other guy was into his 30’s.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Averages 13 goals per season in his career, comes to Edmonton and can't score one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad