Post-Game Talk: Playoff Push 2019: Oilers 3, Coyotes 1

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
At some point some of this has to be on the players. Yes they are bad, but they are literally doing nothing.

Players playing bad .
But you can't just magically shit out talent. You either have it or you don't.

Chia created a clusterf*** of a roster that Hitch flat out said requires everyone to play above their skill level to have success .

SnooPac

Sep 13, 2008
I know we've talked about this before some weeks ago (sorry, I'm not around much), but I made a video from the entire first period of this game, of Koskinen preparing for Phoenix' zone entries by tapping his stick on the post.
Apologies if I missed any.

Cameo by Adin Hill :).

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
oh please give me a break lol lol they are all hard games for every team. There are no easy games anymore and sometimes oilers play better against the so called better teams. Looking at the schedule ahead is just stupid. Play the games as they come because every game should be considered hard by every team

Did I even use the term "easy games?" I said that we have 4 hard games, those are teams that are much higher then us in the standings that could almost be looked at as auto losses. The rest of the teams we play this month are within 5 points ahead or back of us.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Averages 13 goals per season in his career, comes to Edmonton and can't score one.

And he's only 25. Not like age is catching up to him. The heck is up with this guy. He doesn't even look that fast to me lately. It's not like he was surrounded with all kinds of awesome linemates with the Coyotes, he was able to get some stuff done on a bad team.

Reactions: DerpMorg

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
That’s next levels of pathetic. How did Chiarelli assemble such a team?

Another thing putting it into perspective. Outside the top three forwards (all are pre-Chia draft picks except Connor, but he was a no brainer), the remaining 9 forwards in last night's lineup have combined for 15G, 37 A, 52 Pts. That's right, a whole one point more than Draisaitl alone. That crew has a combined 252 games played this year, so the rest of the forwards are combining approximately one point every 4.8 games on average. All nine players combined total less than 2 points in total per game in a league that is scoring about 3 goals per game. Over the last 8 games, those 9 players have combined for 10 points. No wonder the team is 2-6 over those 8 games.

That's Chiarelli's contribution to this team. Granted his defense is marginally better than the tirefire he inherited, but the forward depth is as desolate as it has ever been.

The only saving grace this season has been a boatload of luck in having his son come out of nowhere, but he isn't included in these numbers as he was out of the lineup last night.

Last edited:

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
I know we've talked about this before some weeks ago (sorry, I'm not around much), but I made a video from the entire first period of this game, of Koskinen preparing for Phoenix' zone entries by tapping his stick on the post.
Apologies if I missed any.

Cameo by Adin Hill :).

Excellent work @SnooPac :clap:

I wonder if the new EA NHL 20 will put this into their game. :nod: I hope so.

Reactions: SnooPac

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Every great line needs the following:
Sandpaper, Sniper, Set-up

Isles line of Bossy-Trottier-Goring/Tonneli prime example

Actually Clark Gillies was the other member of that line. Goring was a centre on the 3rd line. Tonelli played on other lines. Gillies was a mountain of a man with some sweet hands. Not just a plumber filler.

8LX7psQ

Apr 13, 2010
Miss the game
Go to NHL.com for highlights
3-1 Win
Think "McDavid got 3 points"
McDavid got 3 points

He only needs to score 3 pts a game for half a season for a big push!

Reactions: McDrai

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->