Sedin Sedin Burrows
Higgins Roy Kassian
Hansen Kesler Raymond
Booth Lappy Weise

Or

Higgins Roy Kesler
Raymond Schroeder Hansen

If Schroder can be trusted at all.

I don't expect much from Booth coming off a high ankle injury, everyone says they are the absolute worst to come back from. If he can give us 8 minutes and just hit some guy he'll be fine for the 4th line, don't want to count on him in a top 6 role thats for sure.

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
If I'm Alain Vigneault - I tell Zack Kassian he has 3 jobs with the Sedins:

1. Hit opposing defenders
2. Create space for the Sedins
3. Go to the front of the net with your stick on the ice

Simple, straight forward hockey. If he did that with the Sedins consistently he'd dominate in the Playoffs. I'd show him clips of when Byfuglien was playing on a line with Toews and Kane during their run.

If Kassian plays half as good as Byfuglien did in those playoffs, he be a fan favourite.

struckmatch

Jul 28, 2003
Vancouver
If Kassian plays half as good as Byfuglien did in those playoffs, he be a fan favourite.

Agreed. I'm really hoping they get him to play simple and effective hockey. If he gets going, he's physical and skilled enough to take over a series.

Big if though to expect it, but if they play him with Henrik and Daniel I could see him excel.

JumpierPegasus

Mar 3, 2011
Abbotsford, BC
Sedin - Sedin - Kassian
Raymond - Kesler - Burrows/Hansen (Shutdown)
Higgins - Roy - Burrows/Hansen
Sestito/Booth (when healthy) - Lapierre - Weise

I hope. But healthy our roster looks aweomse, I guess injuries can really decimate a good looking lineup

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
I'd really like to see Burrows-Kesler-Hansen going head to head with the opponents top line. Any of our other lines can match up against most of the 2nd lines we'll face and however the wingers are placed we'll have three lines that can capitalize on a weak defensive pairing.

AV will shuffle things game to game, shift to shift, but I really want to see b-k-h together.

Bgav

We Stylin'
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2009
Vancouver
We have so many options i love it ! I hope edler and garrison get a few games together before the playoffs. Now that Garrison is playing lights out lets see how they do.

Hamjuice
edson
Tallard

struckmatch

Jul 28, 2003
Vancouver
All I know is, if I'm a defenseman who retrieves pucks along the boards, I'm keeping my head on a swivel when Kassian is bearing down on me.

It's maturity with Kassian though, he needs to show the coaching staff he can be trusted in a key role like that, but man I really think having the oppositions number 1 defense pairing being smashed by Kassian consistently could really lead to turnovers for the Sedins to capitalize on.

Tact

Jul 9, 2006
Sedin - Sedin - Kassian
Higgins - Roy - Raymond
Burrows - Kesler - Hansen
Weise - Lapierre - Sestito

Want no one pushing the Sedins around after whistles/scrums. Insert Kassian.

The second line has a lot of speed and can provide secondary scoring.

Third line is going to be our monster shutdown/two-way line who will have to be our MVP's to go far in the playoffs.

4th line to provide toughness and finish there checks on every opportunity.

PP#1
Sedin - Sedin - Kesler
Roy - Edler

*As soon as Roy makes one defensive mistake or coughs up a breakaway -- a defencemen will take his place.

PP#2

Raymond - Higgins - Burrows
Garrison - Bieksa

As for the defensive pairings;

Hamhuis - Garrison
Edler - Bieksa
Ballard - Tanev

Schneider
Luongo

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Splitting up Higgins and Roy? :(

A couple weeks ago people would have said the same thing about splitting up Raymond and Hansen. Or Schroeder with those two. Or the Amix line. There are always pockets of chemistry that develop.

Higgins has been playing great lately regardless of his linemates. Booth/Kassian were instantly better with him too, and he has had chemistry with Kesler as well.

deadinthewater

Jan 14, 2012
Goaltending and defense will have to be solid, IMO. That's where we should have the advantage over other teams and it needs to materialize. In all honesty, it will determine how far we can go.

Aqualung

Nov 16, 2007
I don't think Kesler and Raymond play well together.

For the playoffs if the Canucks play Schroeder:

Sedin Sedin Burrows
Higgins Roy Kesler
Raymond Schroeder Hansen
Booth Lapierre Kassian

I like this lineup since 3 out of 4 lines have shown good chemistry before, with only the second line being a mystery. Offensive capabilities on every line, with speed and physicality.

Without Schroeder:

Sedin Sedin Burrows
Higgins Kesler Kassian
Raymond Roy Hansen
Booth Lapierre Weise

Pretty good depth down the center and on the wings.

Defensive pairings:

Hamhuis Bieksa
Edler Garrison
Ballard Tanev

I like putting Garrison, a better defender than Bieksa, with Edler so that Edler is more free to be taking offensive risks and provide insurance. Hamhuis and Bieksa have chemistry together, they're the pairing the Canucks had up to the SCF, and it's when Bieksa played his best hockey. Ballard and Tanev have good chemistry and Ballard actually becomes an effective productive member of the team when paired with Tanev.

PP1

Sedin Sedin Kesler
Edler Roy

Roy has played point on the power play, and Edler isn't a true powerplay quarterback in terms of distributing the puck; he's more of a point-shot threat. No other player on out defense, maybe Hamhuis, is a creative passer from the point besides wringing the puck around the boards or passing to the half boards.

PP2
Higgins/Raymond/Schroeder/Burrows/Hansen/Booth/Kassian

Garrison/Hamhuis/Bieksa

Second unit is much more difficult to pinpoint, and it may depend on who's hot at the moment. The coaches change up the second unit quite often. If I had to guess, Schroeder would be guaranteed since he's skill set is made for the PP if he is playing. Booth, Kassian, or Burrows would play disturber in front of the net for screens, deflections, and shots from the slot. Higgin or Raymond, or Burrows would play third forward. If no Schroeder, Higgins, Raymond, or Burrows would switch to center.

PK1
Kesler Burrows
Hamhuis Garrison

PK2
Higgins Hansen
Edler Bieksa

PK3
Raymond Lapierre
Ballard Tanev

Last edited:

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
Lots of good and viable options, but I think we need to be reality a little bit. Its AV we're talking about here.

Sedin-sedin-raymond
Burrows-kesler-weise
Higgins-ebbett-Roy
Kassian-lapierre-Hansen

Love

Feb 29, 2012
Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Raymond - Kesler - Kassian
Higgins - Roy - Hansen
Booth - Lapierre - Weise
Schroeder

Edler - Hamhuis
Bieksa - Garrison
Ballard - Tanev
Barker

Schneider
Luongo

PP #1
Sedin - Sedin - Kesler
Edler - Garrison

PP #2
Higgins - Roy - Burrows
Ballard - Bieksa

PK #1
Kesler - Burrows
Hamhuis - Tanev

PK #2
Lapierre - Hansen
Edler - Garrison

That'd be my lineup.

This exactly

EDIT: Actually I would switch Hansen and Kassian but other than that I agree.

Lawzy

May 27, 2011
BC
Why are so many of you attempting to split up Raymond and Hansen, who have shown great chemistry, as well as Higgins-Roy who have also shown great chemistry?

The way I see it..

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Raymond - Kesler - Hansen
Higgins - Roy - Kassian
Weise - Lapierre - Pinizzotto

Hamhuis - Bieksa
Edler - Garrison
Ballard - Tanev

Vankiller Whale

Fire Benning
May 12, 2012
Toronto
Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Higgins-Roy-Kesler(Or Kesler-Roy)
Raymond-Schroeder-Hansen
Weise-Lapierre-Kassian
Sestistito/Pinizzotto

Hamhuis-Edler
Garrison-Bieksa
Ballard-Tanev
Barker

Tobi Wan Kenobi

May 25, 2011
Vancouver
Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Higgins-Roy-Kesler(Or Kesler-Roy)
Raymond-Schroeder-Hansen
Weise-Lapierre-Kassian
Sestistito/Pinizzotto

Hamhuis-Edler
Garrison-Bieksa
Ballard-Tanev
Barker

The chances of Roy and Kesler playing together are slim. They'd have to dominate together, almost to the point where they're putting up the same or more production than the Sedins. Which is possible, but having three lines coming at you would be a lot to handle for most defenses.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver

Simple, straight forward hockey. If he did that with the Sedins consistently he'd dominate in the Playoffs. I'd show him clips of when Byfuglien was playing on a line with Toews and Kane during their run.

good idea. and if he doesnt do at least 2 out of the three. enjoy the view from the pressbox during the playoffs

Vankiller Whale

Fire Benning
May 12, 2012
Toronto
The chances of Roy and Kesler playing together are slim. They'd have to dominate together, almost to the point where they're putting up the same or more production than the Sedins. Which is possible, but having three lines coming at you would be a lot to handle for most defenses.

I just want to keep up the Raymond-Schroeder-Hansen line, with it's proven chemistry, and they've been having producing offense like a 2nd line, imo.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
I would go without a true shut down line. Roll the lines at evens, and rely on their chemistry. Right now, the Sedins are facing tough matchups and are excelling. So a true shutdown line seems like overkill, and takes away the ability for that line to counter-attack. Just go strength on strength, and expect each line to chip in offensively.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Higgins-Roy-Kassian
Booth-Kesler-Lapierre
Raymond-Schroeder-Hansen

No true 2/3/4 lines. Just 3 lines that have their own set of chemistry and 2way ability. The Roy line feeds off the short passes. Kesler's line is about pushing the play into the offensive zone and wearing the opponent down. And the Schroeder line is all speed everywhere.

This allows the Canucks to come in waves. Dictate the pace, and change it as necessary. For speed, they can go directly to Kesler and Schroeder's line. While the others play a more methodical brand. With this set up, they have the option to play it any way they choose.

Rolling 4 lines over a 7 game series can really exhaust an opponent. This set up allows them to do exactly this, at an unprecedented level.

Vankiller Whale

Fire Benning
May 12, 2012
Toronto
I would go without a true shut down line. Roll the lines at evens, and rely on their chemistry. Right now, the Sedins are facing tough matchups and are excelling. So a true shutdown line seems like overkill, and takes away the ability for that line to counter-attack. Just go strength on strength, and expect each line to chip in offensively.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Higgins-Roy-Kassian
Booth-Kesler-Lapierre
Raymond-Schroeder-Hansen

No true 2/3/4 lines. Just 3 lines that have their own set of chemistry and 2way ability. The Roy line feeds off the short passes. Kesler's line is about pushing the play into the offensive zone and wearing the opponent down. And the Schroeder line is all speed everywhere.

This allows the Canucks to come in waves. Dictate the pace, and change it as necessary. For speed, they can go directly to Kesler and Schroeder's line. While the others play a more methodical brand. With this set up, they have the option to play it any way they choose.

Rolling 4 lines over a 7 game series can really exhaust an opponent. This set up allows them to do exactly this, at an unprecedented level.

I actually like that a lot. My only question is if sticking Booth and Lapierre on Kesler's wing would promote any chemistry. I doubt it, but if it does work that would be perfect.

cotillion

May 26, 2011
PoCo
Are you aware how old and slow Kunitz, Iginla and Morrow are now ?

The Pens didn't make it out of the first round last year and they sure didn't get knocked out by the champions like we did.;)

We've been knocked out by the champs 3 years running.

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver

Totally agree! Kassian showed a glimpse of this early in the year.

Sedin Sedin Kassian
Higgins Kesler Burrows
Raymond Roy Hansen
Sesito Lapierre Vandermeer

It's not going to be a return to 2011. I think this is as good a line-up as any for a few games to open. Obviously, this is a three line design, with fourth line minutes being sub seven. I threw Vandermeer in to balance the littleness added by Roy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad