Post-Game Talk: Playoff discussion Thread Round One: J-E-T-S

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirQuacksALot

A Garibaldi in Kelp
Mar 16, 2010
Was a sick series! Well worth waking up 5am and watching the games before work...

Also just recently discovered this site and this is my first post :handclap:

Welcome! We have a number of posters from F̶i̶n̶ Selanneland, you'll fit right in!

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
i actually felt like winnipeg fans were just trying to get themselves over more at the end of the game, than cheering the team in fact they actually had zero impact on the series if anything they helped the ducks who seemed to enjoy shutting them up

That's been my theory, as well. More than anything, they seemed very preoccupied with being acknowledged as the "best fans" and made it about themselves. Seriously, the biggest talking point of the entire series was the #whiteout, which is ridiculous. The third star was also nauseating.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Sami was our master of ceremonies. He scored the first goal and the last goal.

Also the ducks set a record for fewest minutes leading by the victor in a four game sweep. We broke the record set by Detroit in 97 against us.

evomacky

we heff no effor
Jan 7, 2014
Anaheim, CA
4GAMES_zps8rikfs97.jpg

190Octane

Jun 28, 2002
Fullerton, CA
Sami was our master of ceremonies. He scored the first goal and the last goal.

Also the ducks set a record for fewest minutes leading by the victor in a four game sweep. We broke the record set by Detroit in 97 against us.

When people were talking about the closest 4 game series they've ever seen, that '97 series was the first that came to mind. If I remember right, one game went 1 OT, one went 2 OT and one went 3 OT. I've been hit in the head a lot and drank a lot of booze in the past 18 years so it's entirely possible I'm wrong about that.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
When people were talking about the closest 4 game series they've ever seen, that '97 series was the first that came to mind. If I remember right, one game went 1 OT, one went 2 OT and one went 3 OT. I've been hit in the head a lot and drank a lot of booze in the past 18 years so it's entirely possible I'm wrong about that.

You're right. Game one went to ot and that's when we lost Guy. I still remember Shanahan throwing someone, Rychel I think?, on top of Shtalenkov just before the triple ot goal was scored. And a lifelong hated of Detroit was born.

KelVarnsen

May 2, 2010
Mission Viejo
The "Jets deserved better" or "Jets were just unlucky" crowd has gotten old. No they did not deserve better. Ducks were the much better team and pretty much controlled 3 of the 4 games. In fact they dominated game 2. Jets did not deserve anything. They lost clear and simple. There were no ref controversies, no cheap, suspendable hits from the Ducks, and nothing that tells me they or their fans deserved better.

I get the feeling it is a bunch of whiny media members who picked the big bad Jets to destroy the so called paper champions trying to justify their wishful thinking pick.

190Octane

Jun 28, 2002
Fullerton, CA
You're right. Game one went to ot and that's when we lost Guy. I still remember Shanahan throwing someone, Rychel I think?, on top of Shtalenkov just before the triple ot goal was scored. And a lifelong hated of Detroit was born.

I've hated Detroit since October of '93, '97 and '99 just intensified that hate.

Up until '07, my favorite moment as a Duck fan was the goal in game 4 to finish the sweep over them in '03.

snarktacular

Aug 2, 2005
Yeah 97 was a close sweep. I believe we were the only semi-challenge Detroit had to the Cup.

This series really wasn't close. Like someone else said, I never really had any concerns for each game. I pretty much just knew they would win.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Yeah 97 was a close sweep. I believe we were the only semi-challenge Detroit had to the Cup.

This series really wasn't close. Like someone else said, I never really had any concerns for each game. I pretty much just knew they would win.
Yeah. Tough enough to get everyone engaged but no serious threat.

Jets fans have to be hugely disappointed in Buff. I know it's been beat to death a bit but he brought none of the things he's good at and all of the things he's bad at. In the end he got a bro hug and a chuckle from Perry, that's the kiss of death.

vavera4ka

Quack! Quack!
Dec 27, 2014
twitter.com
From the MBT:

Translation: 90% of the people who entered the bracket challenge are Winnipeg fans.
I had Ducks in 5 and I thought I was overly optimistic :laugh:

Considering we're at 98.3% on the season, that guys kind of an idiot.

Someone should show that photo from the back of the crowd in front of Honda that has been circling FB and twitter.
That crowd was impressive! Yeah people in SoCal don't care about hockey so much that you could barely read the names on the back of the players on the huge screen at the side of Honda from the back of the crowd.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
I had Ducks in 5 and I thought I was overly optimistic :laugh:

Someone should show that photo from the back of the crowd in front of Honda that has been circling FB and twitter.
That crowd was impressive! Yeah people in SoCal don't care about hockey so much that you could barely read the names on the back of the players on the huge screen at the side of Honda from the back of the crowd.

Thanks for volunteering. :thumbu:

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
The "Jets deserved better" or "Jets were just unlucky" crowd has gotten old. No they did not deserve better. Ducks were the much better team and pretty much controlled 3 of the 4 games. In fact they dominated game 2. Jets did not deserve anything. They lost clear and simple. There were no ref controversies, no cheap, suspendable hits from the Ducks, and nothing that tells me they or their fans deserved better.

I get the feeling it is a bunch of whiny media members who picked the big bad Jets to destroy the so called paper champions trying to justify their wishful thinking pick.

Have to agree. It's so annoying how many excuses are being made for them right now.

Lord Flashheart

Squadron Commander
Jul 21, 2011
Leipzig/Zg
Buff playing the way he did with dislocated rib only further solidifies criticism of him. Majority of time what he looked to do out there is hit people, instead of trying to play positionally sound defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad