Playoff Beards Thread

123slam

Dec 28, 2006
Newer photo of dubious quality, both in terms of subject and tech.

What's that in the back?
Wifey likey. Maybe forced to keep it. Dynasty?

GKG!!!!!!

You work on the set of The Price is Right?! :laugh: awesome

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
playoff%2520beard.jpg

5-25-12%2520playoff%2520beard.jpg

First is from around april 25th. My last shave was the morning of the "Clowe" game. Second one is yesterday, the 25th.

Last edited:

nocturn

Jul 24, 2005
Purgitory, USA
Well, here's a pic I accidently took of myself early on in the Blues series. I sport a Goatee anyway. But the beard now is 5x longer and the goatee has been enveloped. My wife HATES the beard in its current out of control state. I usually keep a trimmed beard from around Nov to March during the winter months. The one I have going now makes me look like I should be Occupy'n somewhere. Cant wait for the boys to win it so I can can this thing. its too GD hot out here in Va for a beard.

IMAG0286.jpg

AKAY47

Bring back Dean Lombardi!!!
Feb 27, 2009
Ottawa
I'm going to upload mine after this series, it is absolutely monstrous. Haven't shaved since Easter and I'm Middle Eastern, you guys can imagine the terrorist comments I've been getting hahaha it makes for a good laugh.

I met my girlfriend's mom for the first time looking like this, it was pretty bad but she understood it was for a good cause hahahaha

King RAZZ

Los Cucarachas
Apr 26, 2007
The Roach Motel
razzilla.multiply.com
Well, here's a pic I accidently took of myself early on in the Blues series. I sport a Goatee anyway. But the beard now is 5x longer and the goatee has been enveloped. My wife HATES the beard in its current out of control state. I usually keep a trimmed beard from around Nov to March during the winter months. The one I have going now makes me look like I should be Occupy'n somewhere. Cant wait for the boys to win it so I can can this thing. its too GD hot out here in Va for a beard.

IMAG0286.jpg
Try moving to a cooler place...like Vegas... The playoff beard I'm sporting is three blocks from hell...heat wise...

Mattias

The friendly cat.
Feb 15, 2009
Oh I've got this in the BAG.

This was taken a few minutes ago. Started during Vancouver series. One of the pictures makes me look like I put women in my freezer and hack them up. Ouch!
031ap.jpg

033es.jpg

nocturn

Jul 24, 2005
Purgitory, USA
Try moving to a cooler place...like Vegas... The playoff beard I'm sporting is three blocks from hell...heat wise...

Sorry Bro but Ive got you beat. I'll take 105 deg and dry over 95 deg and 90% Humidity. Its in in the water this thing holds. :)

Now if I lived in Manila, PI., Thailand, or Guam, I wouldnt grow anything. I'd even Brazil my arse its so humid.

King Richards

Dry Island II
Feb 1, 2012
Los Angeles
My beard is pretty hefty at this point and I'm growing quite attached to it (no pun intended). No pic, but it looks a bit like Justin Williams' beard in the media day session I saw today.

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
I've been trimming it since Game 1. I always make sure there's a few days growth right before a game, no more, no less. I would have lost my mind by now if I hadn't gone this route.

RyWill09

May 25, 2012
Vancouver, B.C.
Well much to the Wife's dismay here is my burley play-off beard...notice my beard also dons the LA Kings colors (silver/grey)!! I clean shaved the night before Game 1 against Vancouver.

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
I can only grow sideburns. oh well i'm 16, give me a few years.

I was 16 the last time the Kings made the finals and couldn't grow a full beard either. Now I'd look like Chewbacca. Hopefully your 'few years' wait is much shorter than mine.

Dog as Man

Mostly sniffing around.
Feb 27, 2002
Napa
50 day beard in Genoa City, Wisconsin

All the people up at the GCAC are pulling for the Kings like a mother, don't ya know. Here's the beard at the trophy case in the Athletic Club's bar.

Genoa City, home of Nikki, and Victor Newman. Y&R, who once featured "Our man from Edmonton" 99's walk-on. I met the SC winning Calgary Flames (1st cup), who were fans right here on these very stages. Hi Gary!

Go Kings Go!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad