Playoff avatars

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
No one creates playoff avatars that are full of pictures and information that everyone can readily identify; there's a whole lot of team-specific [and at times, forum-specific] information in them. If you want to know more about it, you'll go do some research and learn some stuff. Or, you'll ask questions and get informed. Or, you'll roll your eyes and say "who cares, that's stupid." Either way, that team's fans will know what the story is and embrace it and laugh about it and roll on with it.

So no, no one else on HF is going to know who Bendak is at the start of this. If this team goes on a playoff run, he's going to be a near-HF legend by the time it's all over.

Actually, you could just have one frame with the W-L-T, the GAA under it, and the SV% under that, and then the next frame is Binnington looking totally serious with "must be the Cheshire Inn."
Every year there are several avatar themes that are either poignant or hilarious that don’t require inside joke knowledge. I simply prefer something like that. I’m not sure what you’re referring to regarding lots of information. I don’t find inside jokes to usually be as amusing as others do. But I don’t know how to do this anyway, so I doubt my opinion matters much.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
Every year there are several avatar themes that are either poignant or hilarious that don’t require inside joke knowledge. I simply prefer something like that. I’m not sure what you’re referring to regarding lots of information. I don’t find inside jokes to usually be as amusing as others do. But I don’t know how to do this anyway, so I doubt my opinion matters much.
I've obviously been out for a handful of years, so I don't know all of the avatars of recent past playoff trips. But I do recall poutine suddenly becoming a thing for Carolina in 2006 and it showing up on their playoff avatars, signature lines, etc. Can't recall what Anaheim did in '07 or Detroit in '08. [May not have been a big enough crowd for the Ducks to be memorable, and the Red Wings ... f*** them.] Pittsburgh's '09 strikes me as having been relatively normal, with perhaps a reference to "finishing the job" once we got to the Finals. Chicago's '10 ... f*** the Blackhawks. [Plus, I think Chicago still had another forum that was going semi-strong at the time and most Blackhawks fans were there.] I think I was still around in '11, and the Bruins had some forum-specific thing in their avatars - but I could be thinking about a prior year for them.

"Lots of information" - it's either really apparent [everything is team-oriented and easily recognized by others around the league] or it's stuff that fans of a team know or remember, that others around the league might not know. What's the big deal with Gassoff and the #3? Who the hell is Towel Man? What's the deal with cats in the rafters and birds flying around? It would be that kind of stuff. Not necessarily inside jokes, just stuff that fans of that team would most closely identify with and understand.

shpongle falls

Ass Möde
Oct 1, 2014
The Night Train
It appears my last post didn't work. Perhaps this one works?

OlwHvOn.gif
This is brilliant haha!! The file size is too large though, how can I resize the image so I can use it as my avatar?

thedustman

Jun 19, 2013
Seems like no one on HF is going to have a clue who Bendak is.
Who is... bendak?
Bendak knows the blues go to eleven.
Bendak likes that.
Bendak knows the blues play well when they let the spice flow.
Bendak likes that.
Bendak knows Berube is just getting lucky, playing a guessing game.
Bendak likes that.
Bendak knows about dirt cheap and bommarito bendak LIKES that.

Blues, berube, brayden, barbashev, binnington, bouwmeester, bortuzzo, bozak... bound to happen? The blues should cruise thru to the conference finals easily. The flames wouldnt beat us, but something as elusive as that shinty vegas team could throw those chaws for a seven gamer. Either way, as much as folks say the west sucks, i think the blues can handle all the top tier eastern teams in the finals except for the bruins, in which case i’d be afraid?

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Who is... bendak?
Bendak knows the blues go to eleven.
Bendak likes that.
Bendak knows the blues play well when they let the spice flow.
Bendak likes that.
Bendak knows Berube is just getting lucky, playing a guessing game.
Bendak likes that.
Bendak knows about dirt cheap and bommarito bendak LIKES that.

Blues, berube, brayden, barbashev, binnington, bouwmeester, bortuzzo, bozak... bound to happen? The blues should cruise thru to the conference finals easily. The flames wouldnt beat us, but something as elusive as that shinty vegas team could throw those chaws for a seven gamer. Either way, as much as folks say the west sucks, i think the blues can handle all the top tier eastern teams in the finals except for the bruins, in which case i’d be afraid?

We having a Bendak-appreciation poetry slam? Ok, I'll bite. Here's three Haiku's

Bendak always likes
Gameday, positive vibes reign
No pro-Allen posts

Mountains of sugar
Flowing rivers of trans fat
Bendak devours all

The Diabeetus
It lays waste to the best of us
But Never Bendak

Em etah Eh

Maroon PP
Jul 17, 2007
Here's one for @Bendak if you want it...

Not sure if it's weird that it reads "Bendak Likes This" or not? I can change it to "I, Bendak, Like This" if you would prefer. Or if you want something completely different let me know. If anybody has anything they want, I can try to improve my .gif making skills this weekend I guess...

DIABEETUS 2019.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad