Playoff avatars

Vladdy the Impaler

Moar Sobotka
Feb 20, 2015
The Lou
View attachment 207727

Not overly savvy when it comes to this kind of thing, but... Thoughts on the above?

Crazy, I didn't even see your post.

Also, Binnington:
45767be0a2da98522658cbc1ed3cca26c5453958f73b73851ec4bcb990f24c5a.jpg

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
I have some days off coming up and am going to try to whip up some "Bendak likes this" avatars.

Themes I have in mind so far.
-Blues jumping from last place to playoffs.
-Replacing Mike Yeo with Craig Berube.
-Ryan O'Reilly is locker room cancer.
-Tarasenko isn't elite anymore.
-Pietrangelo is on the decline.
-Bouwmeester is done.
-Binnington is untested.

If you have anything else or a specific one just reply to this post and I will try to get it done in the next few days. If you have a specific picture you would like please link or post it here.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
JyXZKiz.gif

My contribution. Bendak likes this. I would need to go back and resize to make it work if people like it. We could sub the text with other pictures.

Maybe one of O'Reilly that says, "Locker room cancer." Followed of course with "Bendak likes this.":
this is my favourite thus far. I would prefer to avoid singling out Mike Yeo, and avoid dwelling on previous criticisms of players. We have enough posters determined to prove themselves right at all costs. I would prefer something positive. The coming back from adversity theme really appeals to me.

Reactions: Bendak

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada
this is my favourite thus far. I would prefer to avoid singling out Mike Yeo, and avoid dwelling on previous criticisms of players. We have enough posters determined to prove themselves right at all costs. I would prefer something positive. The coming back from adversity theme really appeals to me.

That's part of the reason I scraped my first idea and settled on a tribute to one of my favourite films, coming out with this..

2xm18a.jpg

Edit:
Not as elegant as @Blanick 's piece, but putting emphasis on the dramatic season turnaround rather than focusing on the negatives my initial idea highlighted.

Last edited:

DoubleK81

It's always something with these pricks.
Sep 10, 2010
PETRO SUCKS
A lot of these ideas are far too "inside joke-ish" for anyone outside of the STL forum to understand, but i LOVE the Bendak likes this ideas.

I was going to suggest an update to the This time it's different theme, because it's truly different this time, but i'm on board with Bendak.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
I am swiping that last one, though I would love for it to have his regular season stats in the first frame once they're final.

Reactions: Bendak

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
I am swiping that last one, though I would love for it to have his regular season stats in the first frame once they're final.

I will see what I can do. Might be hard to see with so much text.

Seems like no one on HF is going to have a clue who Bendak is.

That's why it is funny. It is our own little inside joke. I don't really care if the rest of HF likes our playoff avatars. Were HFBlues dammit, we do what we want. :laugh:

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
Seems like no one on HF is going to have a clue who Bendak is.
No one creates playoff avatars that are full of pictures and information that everyone can readily identify; there's a whole lot of team-specific [and at times, forum-specific] information in them. If you want to know more about it, you'll go do some research and learn some stuff. Or, you'll ask questions and get informed. Or, you'll roll your eyes and say "who cares, that's stupid." Either way, that team's fans will know what the story is and embrace it and laugh about it and roll on with it.

So no, no one else on HF is going to know who Bendak is at the start of this. If this team goes on a playoff run, he's going to be a near-HF legend by the time it's all over.

I will see what I can do. Might be hard to see with so much text.
Actually, you could just have one frame with the W-L-T, the GAA under it, and the SV% under that, and then the next frame is Binnington looking totally serious with "must be the Cheshire Inn."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->