Playoff Avatars! (Thanks to Wen22)

Vote for your favourite ideas!

• Total voters

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
Been thinking about Joey Moss lately.

A “Joeys Team” with a WWE theme with players?

eh...whatever Wen comes up with will be the best, but thinking how much Joey would of loved to be a part of this run, the first real playoff run we’ve had in a while.
I love this idea, especially with some of the goofy nicknames the players have that have come out this year like Nuggy and Worm.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Just spitballin'.... Two other themes that have persisted across the season:
  • No depth. Go with a play on words where put the players images on flat objects
  • [insert fun stat] per 60. For example, for Pujujarvi we could use "epic nose licks per 60"

I support this 100% / 60.

Reactions: brentashton

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
The King of the North. Photoshop a stick in his hands and McDavids face on his body. Could also make other ones for other guys? Could be embarassing if we get bounced first round...

View attachment 432972

Scene 5.png

Can't cut off Bettman's head with a hockey stick so the sword stayed.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Poll's up! Vote on as many options as you'd like.

I like the first 3 ideas best: @Wen22 avatars, "Battle for North aka Battle for Fourth", and @Frank the Tank's idea of having Oilers players as flat objects (no depth = flat). I think we could combine those ideas somehow.

I also think we should include mention to Colby Cave and Joey Moss in the avatars.

Cizin

Jun 30, 2013
Been thinking about Joey Moss lately.

A “Joeys Team” with a WWE theme with players?

eh...whatever Wen comes up with will be the best, but thinking how much Joey would of loved to be a part of this run, the first real playoff run we’ve had in a while.

It could be like that hilarious 'Russellmania' GDT from a few years ago, lots of opertunity for characters. I wonder who would be this year's team version of 'The Penalty Taker'.

Chabot84

Oct 24, 2009
I think something around the North division being underdogs or whatever

we took a lot of crap this year on the main boards, would be awesome to now have the North win the cup especially if everyone was rocking the themed avatars while we do it.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Ted Nugent Hopkins
Mike The Smithereens
Dominic Triano Kahun
James Neal Peart

Ted Nugent Hopkins somehow just doesn't fit bad ass nearly enough..

I mean could you see little Ryan at a Ted Nugent Concert? Way too much testosterone. "You shoot animals with Bows" Ryan would think he's the devil.

I like James Neal Peart.

Reactions: brentashton

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Somebody mentioned that for Winnipeg the prospects for this series would be like nightmare memories of "The Shining"

Not sure if that could work as a thing.

In Anycase there won't be concensus, never is. usually its just somebody running with the ball who starts pumping out themed avatars.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018

I mean could you see little Ryan at a Ted Nugent Concert? Way too much testosterone. "You shoot animals with Bows" Ryan would think he's the devil.

I like James Neal Peart.
Yep. Ryan seems more of a Biden - guy too

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB

I like James Neal Peart.

I'm going to disregard the first 4 sentences of your post, but agreed on James Neal Peart. We could also do Alex Chiasson Lifeson. Then we could have a whole Rush line if we could somehow turn McLeod into Geddy...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad