Playoff Avatars! (Thanks to Wen22)

Vote for your favourite ideas!

• Total voters

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
Though she does too much already for the site, Wen22 avatars. We never really got to use them last year. Unless that's maybe bad luck.

Maybe an Oilers theme for the playoffs. I would like a cartoon one please.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Theme around the North and how much it apparently sucks in every other Division's fans eyes.

Something around a bursted bubble, but that could be bad luck if they end up going into a bubble later on.

Something about the Cup staying in Edmonton (since it was won here last year)

BertMcDrai

Middle old guy loving sports
Nov 26, 2018
I dont know about now...but if we end up winning the North it has to be a GoT avatar additional.

I still like the avatars from last year.
Maybe a new version of it.

Reactions: bone

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
I dont know about now...but if we end up winning the North it has to be a GoT avatar additional.

I still like the avatars from last year.
Maybe a new version of it.

I had a similar thought and was thinking something like “McDavid is coming”, but that just sounds dirty...

Maybe some sort of “Year of McDavid”?

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
I had a similar thought and was thinking something like “McDavid is coming”, but that just sounds dirty...

Maybe some sort of “Year of McDavid”?

Only concern with McDavid themed playoff avatar's is that it reinforces the notion that this is a one man (or two) team. Granted it's pretty close to the truth, but we want to celebrate the great seasons we've seen from Smith and Nurse (and in some people's opinions Barrie's).

The North theme is gaining traction but it needs to stay very distinct from the Raptor "We the North" campaigns.

"The Battle for the North: or How the league views the Battle for Forth."

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Only concern with McDavid themed playoff avatar's is that it reinforces the notion that this is a one man (or two) team. Granted it's pretty close to the truth, but we want to celebrate the great seasons we've seen from Smith and Nurse (and in some people's opinions Barrie's).

The North theme is gaining traction but it needs to stay very distinct from the Raptor "We the North" campaigns.

That’s fair. It’s a ridiculous notion, but other fanbases just keep trumpeting it.

Reactions: ujju2

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
"The Battle for the North: or How the Rest of the League's Fans View the Battle for Forth."

With players riding missiles

dr-strangelove-still-580.jpg

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT

"The Battle for the North: or How the league views the Battle for Forth."

"Kings of the North"

And if we play and defeat the Winnipeg Jets

"Kings of the True North" :naughty:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad