Playoff Avatars! (Thanks to Wen22)

Vote for your favourite ideas!

• Total voters

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Something around the common misconceptions people have of Canada and for instance how little the US, or say hollywood even know about us. My dad always got a laugh at this one...

220px-Poster_of_the_movie_Saskatchewan.jpg

saskatch%2B%25282%2529.jpg

"Saskatchewan, wild home of the Canadian Rockies"

I would throw in tall story snippets about how Rogers Place survived to play the bubble last year as massive dynamite derailed an oncoming iceberg from demolishing the palace. Which instead only caused pipes bursting and a daytime of the rink flooded.

Tell em about how its a good idea no fans are allowed during playoffs as there has been a massive influx of global warming starved polar bears this year. Serves us right, dirty Oil bastids. We haven't even changed our name.

Throw some pictures of glaciers gliding past DT Edmonton with the highrises narrowly avoiding catastrophe. Some great pictures of icebergs floating past NFLD fishing villages are available.

Change our skyline by superimposing several grain elevators. One of them being a world class grain elevator and the highest in the country between Toronto and Vancouver.

My dad, RIP, loved spreading bullshit stories anytime he could. his favorite targets being US visitors asking how they build all the mountains and how long it took, then how we got the Wonderful province of Saskatchewan to allow us to abscond with those ranges. Tell them it was the biggest national endeavor before the National Dream railway smashed through all the icebergs of Western Canada..temporarily chasing hordes of polar bears away.

Last edited:

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Something around the common misconceptions people have of Canada and for instance how little the US, or say hollywood even know about us. My dad always got a laugh at this one...

220px-Poster_of_the_movie_Saskatchewan.jpg

saskatch%2B%25282%2529.jpg

"Saskatchewan, wild home of the Canadian Rockies"
Filmed in Jasper...Manitoba, right?

PS - good idea for a theme

Reactions: yukoner88

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
I vote for The Simpsons play off of the “Who shot Mr Burns episode”. Except sub in Bettman for Mr Burns.
Mike Smith as Otto
McDavid as McBain
Nurse as Radioactive Man
Tippet as Skinner
Holland as Super Nintendo Chalmers
Real Deal as the Monorail Salesman

I dunno lol.

jukon

NHL Point Leader
Mar 17, 2011
I still like "Win it for Colby". Just because it's a new year doesn't mean it goes away. The boys were super pissed last year to exit early and they are going to go through hell to make sure it doesn't happen again. I'd love to see Emily on the ice when we win the cup.

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
The King of the North. Photoshop a stick in his hands and McDavids face on his body. Could also make other ones for other guys? Could be embarassing if we get bounced first round...

upload_2021-5-11_20-16-44.png

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
In the spirit of facing our old Smythe Division opponent go with a cheesy '80s Hart to Hart theme - since that's what Draisaitl and McDavid just accomplished. Have your favorite player in an '80s (TV show?) setting and then put McDavid and Draisaitl head on one of the Hart to Hart promo images.

Last edited:
Reactions: bone

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Songs/Music artists mixed with Oilers players, kinda like my avi.

It’s Gätean Haas in Here
Chaisson Derulo
McJesus Take the Wheel
Mr Blue Drai

etc

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Viking smash!!!

Yes.

Seconding a Nordic theme. North division, and we’ll be Kings of the North.

McDavid as Wodin, Draisaitl as Thor, Schmiddy as Arngrim, Nuge as Loki, etc.

Of course our Viking berserker Larsson needs a good one too.

If we can’t design something with pictures and gifs perhaps @Wen22 can draw us some. She’s our Valkyrie and good luck charm on this battle to conquer the North.

Last edited:
Reactions: yukoner88

Bobieque

Low n' Slow (Me & the Food)
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2006
High River
Been thinking about Joey Moss lately.

A “Joeys Team” with a WWE theme with players?

eh...whatever Wen comes up with will be the best, but thinking how much Joey would of loved to be a part of this run, the first real playoff run we’ve had in a while.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Ideas so far:
  • @Wen22 avatars—if she's up to it, of course
  • NoRtH dIvIsIoN sUcKs theme—"The Battle for the North: or How the Rest of the League's Fans View the Battle for Forth."
  • Something around a bursted bubble
  • Something about the Cup staying in Edmonton (since it was won here last year)
  • Nordic Theme
  • McDavid-related. Year of McDavid?
  • Simpsons play off of the “Who shot Mr Burns episode"
  • '80s Hart-to-Hart theme
  • Goat avatars!
  • Win it for Colby + Joey Moss
Did I miss any?

One idea that hasn't been mentioned yet is Pulju. Something could be done around The Many Expressions of Jesse Puljujarvi.

What are everyone's favourites? I think we could combine a few of these ideas.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
If we do the Nordic theme can someone do the suggested black metal theme for one of the players? (Maybe Larsson?) I’ll totally rock that :thumbu:

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
I still like "Win it for Colby". Just because it's a new year doesn't mean it goes away. The boys were super pissed last year to exit early and they are going to go through hell to make sure it doesn't happen again. I'd love to see Emily on the ice when we win the cup.

eh...whatever Wen comes up with will be the best, but thinking how much Joey would of loved to be a part of this run, the first real playoff run we’ve had in a while.

Can’t say I disagree with either of these. Something with Joey and Colby feels like a no brainer

jukon

NHL Point Leader
Mar 17, 2011
O

Wrestling theme dedicated to Joey would be great. With Wen's drawing?

Reactions: bone

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
Just spitballin'.... Two other themes that have persisted across the season:
  • No depth. Go with a play on words where put the players images on flat objects
  • [insert fun stat] per 60. For example, for Pujujarvi we could use "epic nose licks per 60"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad