Playoff Avatar Part 2 (Get A Life Theme Chosen, Taking Requests/Finalizing Design)

What theme should we go with?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyersMania2

#FireHakstol
Jul 4, 2007
NJ
Here's some great material from a Pens fan on that board:

Flyers had 37 more PP opportunities than their opponents this season.

The Pens had 4 fewer PP opportunities than their opponents.

I will say it will take less than two minutes in Game 1 for Flyer fans to whine how the refs favor the Penguins.

Last edited:

Jray42

May 10, 2009
Philadelphia
I can only do it in small doses because if not, I will be unable to resist the urge to post there and inevitably get banned from HFBoards again
Even the series thread on the playoff board had me a little heated yesterday. I haven't read the last ~12 pages and it's probably better if I didn't.

Reactions: FlyersMania2

FlyersMania2

#FireHakstol
Jul 4, 2007
NJ
Even the series thread on the playoff board had me a little heated yesterday. I haven't read the last ~12 pages and it's probably better if I didn't.

Yeah it was rough, I got 5 pages in and then came back here to remind everyone to go over there and post so we can offset some of it

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I'm obviously not comparing Kelce to MLK fellas. That was just the only inspirational speech I could think of in the moment haha.

I'll be honest, i was going to go the polar opposite end of that spectrum to draw a comparison. Think 1930's.. I can only imagine how well that wouldve went. The idea is that the messenger isnt important here, the message is.

But i agree - let's all focus on just beating the Pens.

...and bashing Hakstol. Nothing brings us together like our collective hatred of that moron.

Reactions: TroutHockey

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Here's some great material from a Pens fan on that board:

giphy.gif

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
Do you always take things as literal as possible? I couldn't imagine frequenting the internet with that type of outlook.

Nah I take nothing literally (and have clowned a few people on here in just the past 24 hours for taking my posts at face value). I'm just a fan of words so bad analogies are bad. I'd have gone with, say, any sports movie. Maybe not something that...culturally significant, let's say. Not gonna flay you for it, was just a hell of a turnaround.

Reactions: TroutHockey

FlyersMania2

#FireHakstol
Jul 4, 2007
NJ
Lets not quote them here though, because that means they'll get the notification and that'll draw them in to our forum and behind our line of defense. Lets quote without the usernames :laugh:

Smart. I didn't realize that. I will edit my posts

Reactions: Jray42

FlyersMania2

#FireHakstol
Jul 4, 2007
NJ
They are just sweethearts over there in Pens' land:

Looking at their last few GDT's and their line-up...

28 Claude Giroux - 14 Sean Couturier - 12 Michael Raffl
54 Oskar Lindblom - 19 Nolan Patrick - 93 Jakub Voracek
11 Travis Konecny/40 Jordan Weal - 51 Valtteri Filppula - 17 Wayne Simmonds
21 Scott Laughton - 15 Jori Lehtera - 24 Matt Read

9 Ivan Provorov - 53 Shayne Gostisbehere
47 Andrew MacDonald - 6 Travis Sanheim
23 Brandon Manning - 3 Radko Gudas

37 Brian Elliott - 34 Petr Mrazek

I hope in the opening game, Oleksiak just pummels the ****ing life out of Gudas so the rest of the series that piece of crap thinks twice about doing something stupid. Big Rig Smash.

FlyersMania2

#FireHakstol
Jul 4, 2007
NJ
And this beautiful post (which I am sure will upset the Eagles fans here):

"You know they're desperate when they're trying to take credit for the accomplishments of a private Catholic school 20 miles outside of Philly."

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Let the Man-Dog loose on them. Its a win win. Knock someone out. Man Dog gets suspended - Sanheim has to play.

Anyone got mannings' cell?

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
And this beautiful post (which I am sure will upset the Eagles fans here):

"You know they're desperate when they're trying to take credit for the accomplishments of a private Catholic school 20 miles outside of Philly."

Villanova has happily attached themselves to Philly, and not the other way around, have they not?

Reactions: Jray42

FlyersMania2

#FireHakstol
Jul 4, 2007
NJ
Let the Man-Dog loose on them. Its a win win. Knock someone out. Man Dog gets suspended - Sanheim has to play.

Anyone got mannings' cell?

Biggest benefit there is getting Mandog off the ice because we all know his fights are about as interesting as watching paint dry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad