Playoff Avatar Part 2 (Get A Life Theme Chosen, Taking Requests/Finalizing Design)

What theme should we go with?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I think people are putting too much emphasis on the person saying it and not what was said. Kelce called out people calling the eagles players as garbage. saying "HF said" is basically the same thing, it just adds a little more fun to people who can appreciate the Kelce aspect as well.

Except there are people that are saying they WANT it to be Jason Kelcefied.

FlyersMania2

#FireHakstol
Jul 4, 2007
NJ
I think people are putting too much emphasis on the person saying it and not what was said. Kelce called out people calling the eagles players as garbage. saying "HF said" is basically the same thing, it just adds a little more fun to people who can appreciate the Kelce aspect as well.

I assure you, as someone who is anti-Eagles, my emphasis is not nearly enough. I am a good sport, I don't say anything on the countless Eagles comments despite my disdain for them as a franchise. So please as this is a Flyers board and we are an NHL team entering the playoffs, keep the Eagles stuff elsewhere. I shouldn't have to see Jason Kelce avatars in playoff discussion.

Reactions: FlyerFaithful17

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I also want nothing to do with Hakstol in these avatars. **** him
See, I look at it that by using the Get a Life theme, even if someone DOES love Hakstol, they can use the same theme.

Worst coach in hockey?
Get a Life!
then his dumb face with our record

Even Mandog:
Not good enough for NHL?
Get a Life
Then the pic of him smashing McDavid into the board

And FWIW, I want the Voracek talking bubble as I feel it's visually more appeasing to the eye.

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
I assure you, as someone who is anti-Eagles, my emphasis is not nearly enough. I am a good sport, I don't say anything on the countless Eagles comments despite my disdain for them as a franchise. So please as this is a Flyers board and we are an NHL team entering the playoffs, keep the Eagles stuff elsewhere. I shouldn't have to see Jason Kelce avatars in playoff discussion.
So because you don't like Kelce, other people can't use him in their avatar?

AdamParrot

Mar 10, 2015

Attachments

• output_2H4Z5y.gif
    output_2H4Z5y.gif
    19.2 KB · Views: 1

FlyersMania2

#FireHakstol
Jul 4, 2007
NJ
So because you don't like Kelce, other people can't use him in their avatar?

I don't care about Kelce - because this is the Flyers forum and the avatars are being voted on for collective use, I ask that they not have the Eagles in them.

Use whatever you want otherwise but if we are voting on avatar themes for the group to save and use, why should an NFL player be featured?

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
See, I look at it that by using the Get a Life theme, even if someone DOES love Hakstol, they can use the same theme.

Worst coach in hockey?
Get a Life!
then his dumb face with our record

Even Mandog:
Not good enough for NHL?
Get a Life
Then the pic of him smashing McDavid into the board

And FWIW, I want the Voracek talking bubble as I feel it's visually more appeasing to the eye.

For reference:

SkVNhHo.gif

Reactions: Rebels57

Jray42

May 10, 2009
Philadelphia
I think we should probably have 2 versions of essentially the same avatar; one with Jake and one with Kelce. They're essentially the same thing, just two different ways to go about it. Unless everyone wants to be "unified", in which case the Jake one has the most votes atm and that's where we should go. But I think the two options are similar enough to where it won't look like a free-for-all per se.

And again, it's looking like the Kelce thing isn't going to win anyway, but if it did, should we not do it because you "shouldn't have to see Kelce avatars" ? Give me a break.

Reactions: TroutHockey

FlyersMania2

#FireHakstol
Jul 4, 2007
NJ
I think we should probably have 2 versions of essentially the same avatar; one with Jake and one with Kelce. They're essentially the same thing, just two different ways to go about it. Unless everyone wants to be "unified", in which case the Jake one has the most votes atm and that's where we should go. But I think the two options are similar enough to where it won't look like a free-for-all per se.

And again, it's looking like the Kelce thing isn't going to win anyway, but if it did, should we not do it because you "shouldn't have to see Kelce avatars" ? Give me a break.

If you read my responses, perhaps you would see the point I'm making but having lived here most of my life I realize how much of homers Eagles folks can get and you're inability to see my point on it is not surprising.

Use whatever you want - use an Eagles logo for your avatar if you want. I am saying, if we are voting on avatars to use for the PHILADELPHIA FLYERS playoff run for collective use, perhaps NFL players aren't relevant

Jray42

May 10, 2009
Philadelphia
They can but then we're not using a uniformed Playoff avatar theme that we've used for years.

If people want to do their own thing they can obviously.
I think that's the thing though, I think we can make them similar enough to where it would work. I mean that's just IMO, a totally unified theme would probably be better I'll admit

Reactions: FlyersMania2

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

But again, see it from his...and my point of view. Kelce has nothing to do with the Flyers, or hockey. So what does it have to do with the Flyers playoffs??

It has to do with football.

And since Kelce and Jakes comments are sort of similar, doesn't it make sense to use the Flyers player calling out one of our own posters in the forum we all use to know each other in the first place?

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
But again, see it from his...and my point of view. Kelce has nothing to do with the Flyers, or hockey. So what does it have to do with the Flyers playoffs??

It has to do with football.

Exactly! And it's the same damn thing.

Some Clown named Mike Lombardi said Claude Giroux was finished...

or

Someone said Claude Giroux was finished... Get a Life.

One of these is DIRECTLY part of this team and this message board and the other is based off a football player.

The point is the same though, so why use the Football player?

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Except there are people that are saying they WANT it to be Jason Kelcefied.

Yeah, but i think that has more to do with the recognition of his speech and the meaning behind it, not because it helps to incorporate an NFL player.

I dont see much of a difference between the "hf quote" beginning and the kelce "Hf said" to be honest. I guess i can understand why non-eagles fans arent a fan of it, but im not even a huge eagles fan myself. I just like it because it helps drive home the message.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Exactly! And it's the same damn thing.

Someone Clown named Mike Lombardi said Claude Giroux was finished...

or

Someone said Claude Giroux was finished... Get a Life.

One of these is DIRECTLY part of this team and this message board and the other is based off a football player.

The point is the same though, so why use the Football player?
lol...I edited my comment and said the exact same thing...use the hockey guy who plays for the Flyers. Seems too simple to me.

FlyersMania2

#FireHakstol
Jul 4, 2007
NJ
Yeah, but i think that has more to do with the recognition of his speech and the meaning behind it, not because it helps to incorporate an NFL player.

I dont see much of a difference between the "hf quote" beginning and the kelce "Hf said" to be honest. I guess i can understand why non-eagles fans arent a fan of it, but im not even a huge eagles fan myself. I just like it because it helps drive home the message.

Whatever he said means nothing to me and Philly is my city. We all associate things differently. The Flyers and the Eagles have never had a connection in my household despite being sports teams in the same city.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
If I remember correctly, there was a lot of menstruation over the playoff avatars two years ago, too. People should just use whatever they want. I don't want everyone to be the same anyway, because it's too much work to figure out whose comments are whose lol.

Two years ago it was For Mr. Snider... don't think there was any issues at all with that one, haha.

Also, each person gets their own images and quotes. So after a bit of a reset it makes sense.

FlyersMania2

#FireHakstol
Jul 4, 2007
NJ
If I remember correctly, there was a lot of menstruation over the playoff avatars two years ago, too. People should just use whatever they want. I don't want everyone to be the same anyway, because it's too much work to figure out whose comments are whose lol.

People should use what they want but this specific thread is voting for a unified avatar so it seems reasonable to keep it related to the Flyers

FatTugboatFlahr

Apr 6, 2012
Philadelphia
Picture this....what if I was on a Chicago Bears forum and they were doing the same playoff avatar thing, and then imagine them wanting to put Toews as part of it.

Surely you guys can see my issue with that!
Where’s the epic speech after a city wins its first title for by far, its most popular sports team.

Jray42

May 10, 2009
Philadelphia
If you read my responses, perhaps you would see the point I'm making but having lived here most of my life I realize how much of homers Eagles folks can get and you're inability to see my point on it is not surprising.

Use whatever you want - use an Eagles logo for your avatar if you want. I am saying, if we are voting on avatars to use for the PHILADELPHIA FLYERS playoff run for collective use, perhaps NFL players aren't relevant
Considering I quoted a portion of your post, I can assume you I read your responses, thank you very much.

I understand your point and I think it's a valid one; Kelce and the Eagles have no affiliation with the Flyers so we shouldn't include him. I get that. Also considering the fact that it seems a significant portion of people on here aren't Eagles fans, I can see why that wouldn't be the best move. I just feel like it's more about the content and the way he said it, as opposed to it being about Kelce but that's just me, and I understand if others don't want Kelce on their *own* personal avatar.

Reactions: TroutHockey
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad