Playoff Avatar Ideas (photoshoppers needed!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
We could use

Ian Cole was here. He chose scissors.”

Split-Apple-Rock-02-6233.jpg

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Degenx thought this had potential.

152236529555228058_zpsjhqucsy8.gif
I do. Obviously would need to be a still frame, and doesn't have to be Fishburne, or even the Matrix ... we could go a number of ways with a martial arts theme. Or just a 'Bring It' theme. Not the terribad movie, BTW, but the concept of telling opponents to 'Bring It' :laugh:

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
I do. Obviously would need to be a still frame, and doesn't have to be Fishburne, or even the Matrix ... we could go a number of ways with a martial arts theme. Or just a 'Bring It' theme. Not the terribad movie, BTW, but the concept of telling opponents to 'Bring It' :laugh:

That gif can be reduced to two frames I believe.

152236529555228058%202_zpsxrlte7n6.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: Bumpus and DegenX

Nadal On Clay

Djokovic > Nadal > Federer
Oct 11, 2017
Our theme should be "Back-to-Back-to-Back" with the main frame showing Sid and Geno from this picture:

Only with Kessel behind the Cup (back to camera, turning head around) and photoshopped mullets on all 3.

The other frame could just be various things that different players provide to help us win again. "Composure" (Malkin), "IQ" (Letang), "Size" (Sheary), etc.

I like that

Ignatius

LET HIM IN TO THE BOX
Apr 28, 2010
Sin Bin
2) Villains is fun but it won't get us the heat we want.

If you want to get heat I recommend doing something that involves Trump. I did a Google image search using "Trump rigged" and there is plenty of material we could work with.

"Trump claims NHL Playoff are rigged"

"Malkin involved in Russian collusion"

"I'm the victim!" - insert Crosby pic

"Make America great again!" - Kessel

Take whatever your personal feeling about Trump are out of the equation, I just want to get heat even if it is cheap heat. A lot of people don't like the Penguins, a lot of people don't like Trump, and a lot like neither. I think the Penguins White House visit with Trump proved as much.

Reactions: Zirakzigil

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I am not thrilled with most of the ideas so far. How about something to do with the history of hockey in Pennsylvania. I mean to hear fans of other teams talk about us you would think that hockey started here in 2005.

In fact it dates back to 1893. So something connecting the 125th anniversary of professional hockey in Pittsburgh. Along with facts that press that point.

For instance the first indoor rink in North America was here in Pittsburgh in 1899, 13 years before there was one anywhere in Canada.

When Pittsburgh’s dark streets were populated by electric trolleys in the 1890’s, a former newspaperman named Andrew McSwigan struck upon an idea that would enrich the city’s cultural heritage for decades to come and provide a foundation for the hockey legacy inherited by the Penguins.
Andrew-McSwigan.jpg

Andrew McSwigan
As the sprawling building where the Consolidated Traction Co. stored its horse-drawn cars was being abandoned, McSwigan imagined it as the city’s only indoor ice rink and something of a showplace. A press agent for one of the companies leaving the site, he sold the idea to his boss, Christopher Magee, and the Duquesne Gardens Company was formed.
The building was purchased for $200,000 and lavishly refurbished with another $250,000, and when Duquesne Garden opened for public skating on Jan. 23, 1899, some 10,000 people came to visit. It preceded Canada’s first indoor rink by 13 years.

Pittsburgh Hockey History Timeline

One frame could be 125 years of hockey in Pittsburgh.

One could be a historical fact. Duquesne Gardens. The Hornets. Michel Briere. Mario's first goal. The Pens first cup. The possibilities are endless.

The last frame could be current Pens posing with the cup with three peat over them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ugene Malkin

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
If you want to get heat I recommend doing something that involves Trump. I did a Google image search using "Trump rigged" and there is plenty of material we could work with.

"Trump claims NHL Playoff are rigged"

"Malkin involved in Russian collusion"

"I'm the victim!" - insert Crosby pic

"Make America great again!" - Kessel

Take whatever your personal feeling about Trump are out of the equation, I just want to get heat even if it is cheap heat. A lot of people don't like the Penguins, a lot of people don't like Trump, and a lot like neither. I think the Penguins White House visit with Trump proved as much.
you are truly evil :)

Reactions: Ignatius
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad