Playoff Avatar Ideas (photoshoppers needed!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bumpus

Shhh ...
Mar 4, 2008
WV
Frame 1: THE 3-PEAT CLUB

Frame 2: :habs :leafs :isles

Frame 3: pic of Sid winking, superimposed over question marks.

Frame 4: *personalized frame*

Frame 5: 3elieve image

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
In fact.. even if it was something simple so we could get them out quickly as it looks like we have some photoshop issues this year.

1st slide: (black background/gold penguins font) - "Hockey's first retractable roof"

2nd slide: Picture of Mellon Arena

3rd slide: the 3elieve image (just the players cutout/word)

I think that would be insanely pleasant on the eyes, very simple to understand, and awesome.

Yeah, I am as snarky as anyone. But a lot of these appear more bitter and small than funny and biting.

But I would suggest one slide make clear 125th anniversary pro hockey in Pittsburgh. One slide whatever the person wants. Then one slide with 3 peat of some sort, 3elieve is fine.

Connect 125 years with the latest attempt at making history.

It is a positive message as well.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
So, since I had no internet for most of the weekend, I worked on the idea The Old Master posted and EvGeno expanded on.
Lots of room to customize this, only the 'Believe' and logo frames would stay the same. So, whether you're type B- or B+ it should work.
N83U2dO.gif
VGsjPqU.gif

Keep in mind the smaller one is more or less the actual size these will wind up being, so not a ton of real estate for words.

Last edited:

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Just spitballing, but an Avengers theme could work. It's topical and the idea of a team of individuals with special talents assembling to achieve an impossible goal seems to fit.

Incredible Malk (Geno)
Captain Canada (Sid)
Iron Man (Kessel)
Ant-Man (Sheary)
Quicksilver (Hagelin)
Groot (Oleksiak)
Thornqvist (self-explanatory)

etc.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
So, since I had no internet for most of the weekend, I worked on the idea The Old Master posted and EvGeno expanded on.
Lots of room to customize this, only the 'Believe' and logo frames would stay the same. So, whether you're type B- or B+ it should work.
N83U2dO.gif
VGsjPqU.gif

Keep in mind the smaller one is more or less the actual size these will wind up being, so not a ton of real estate for words.

The one thing I love the most is the believe part. I think that's a need for our avatars. I don't think we need to use the playoff image. Or we could add it to the bottom corner of the believe slide.

As for our overall idea - i love "Making History" maybe as our first slide.

#1) Making History (black background - gold font)
#2) Image we want
#3) Sarcasm
#4) Believe logo

Example:
#1) "Making History"
#2) Image of 93 Isles
#3) "Back-to-back 3peat failures"
#4) Believe

Example:
#1) "Making History"
#2) Image of Duq Gardens
#3) "The OG Gardens"
#4) Believe

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
The one thing I love the most is the believe part. I think that's a need for our avatars. I don't think we need to use the playoff image. Or we could add it to the bottom corner of the believe slide.

#2) Image we want
#3) Sarcasm
#4) Believe logo

Example:
#1) "Making History"
#2) Image of 93 Isles
#4) Believe

Example:
#1) "Making History"
#2) Image of Duq Gardens
#3) "The OG Gardens"
#4) Believe

Of course I like this idea for obvious reasons.

However I would point out that at least my idea was that the making history part should have '125th Anniversary Pittsburgh Hockey' or similar as that was the point. Connecting a historic milestone few cities in the US or Canada can brag about combined with an attempt to make more history.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
You must be saying you don't believe. /s

FWIW I do like the newer version with a 3 in there much better than any of those old ones.

I agree, the 3elieve one brings home the point elegantly, simply and clearly. The fact that it has been used a lot but updated with the 3 for 3peat makes it fresh and new.

Nostalgia more than cliche.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011

#2) Image we want
#3) Sarcasm
#4) Believe logo

Example:
#1) "Making History"
#2) Image of 93 Isles
#4) Believe

Example:
#1) "Making History"
#2) Image of Duq Gardens
#3) "The OG Gardens"
#4) Believe
You could do that, but I'd still leave the logo in there because it's the playoffs. These will be too small to add something to the corner and have it be easily viewable/legible. Plus, I think it would add unnecessary clutter. I have minimalist leanings :) Once the gif action starts, frame order is sort of irrelevant, so you could still do your frames before the 'Believe' frame, maybe put the logo one after it. I don't think they have to be in any certain order to fit the theme as long as those two frames are in there.

Reactions: ColePens and Bumpus

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
You must be saying you don't believe. /s

FWIW I do like the newer version with a 3 in there much better than any of those old ones.

My gut feeling tells me they won't, It hasn't steered me wrong too often, but I'll charge on regardless. They have more than met my expectations, so even if they lose I'm not gonna be upset. I'm more about celebrating what has happen and keep expectations very lowkey. Irk other fan bases for as long as we can.

If they tell me I have to believe when most likely they don't, why should I? Their actions don't speak it, (On and off the ice) and lip service is nice and all, but that's all it is.

There's gonna be 3beatdowns this year and they don't have the depth to get through three of those before the finals. Just enjoy it as long as it lasts.

Short... Yes, I don't believe they will.

Now if they do 3-peat considering how much they threw at them with schedule and all, that would be the best 3-peat of all-time for me.

They are more than welcome to make me look like a fool.

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
They are more than welcome to make me look like a fool.

I don't think they will either, but this team has got away with tempting fate before.

That "50 Years" logo started with 3 cups and more or less ended with 5.

It's going to take a lot of luck for them to threepeat, but eh, who knows?

DReynolds

Oct 13, 2016
How about a theme of using "3" for "B", since 3elieve is kind of awesome? The finishing slide is "3elieve". The personal slide could be literally anything as long as you make it start with B (would need smarties to make the fonts work), so you could go serious or sarcastic- examples:
3ought a new toy (Sid iPad image)
3een at it since 1895 (Pittsburgh hockey historical image)
3ylsma wishes (Bylsma smug face image)
3ut where is Sprong
3uying off the refs
etc?

Syrinx

Jul 7, 2005
Cary, NC
Man, I personally like the thought of playing off of the "3" theme a lot, maybe something with the old Schoolhouse Rock "3 is a Magic Number" idea?

Or choose famous trios, like the Marx Bros, Stooges, Musketeers, The Three Amigos, even bands like Rush or Cream or Bee Gees if so inclined. There's a metric crap ton of well known trios out there.

If we go with Trios, does my screen name give me the right to pre-emptively claim RUSH?

Reactions: gopens66

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
I'm too lazy to change my avatar for the POs (I just added an avatar picture period, after 3 years on the board). BUT, if I did make one, I kinda like the idea of incorporating Heimdall from the Thor movies.

We aren't the baddest team in the tournament this year (aka not Thor, the villain of choice etc). What we are though is a team of grizzled veterans that teams in the east will have to get past to win the cup. We are the gatekeepers, as he is. We are not stepping out of your way, and we are not taking any of your B.S. Seems to fit.

main-qimg-7c86a3c758b19c7c809b7825064450cc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad