Speculation: Players who will be traded this off season

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Edmonton is likely to move Larsson and Russell

they may move on from AA , Koskinen and Puljujarvi.

Not likely but a small possibility they Move one of Nurse or Klefbom . Holland wasn’t too happy with the D in the play in series . I think he only moves one if you has a deal in place to upgrade the D

Petrus

Jan 5, 2017
Bay Street
I disagree with this somewhat.

Mirtle has heard from execs that all four of Kerfoot, Johnsson, Engvall and Andersen are being shopped. I would guess that 2 of the 4 go.

I think that the first was obtained specifically because it would be required for another possible deal that Dubas has been working on - a deal for a high end RHD that requires a first plus an asset: perhaps Nylander, Liljegren, Sandin, Dermott or a lesser asset and then whatever is needed to balance the cap. The Leafs only keep the pick if that potential deal does not progress and they can't find another suitable deal.

Is this a report from Mirtle in the Athletic?

RantanenRavin

Jun 24, 2017
I've got some thoughts

Parise for Ladd, that one is destiny.

Isles dump Boychuk to NJ with a prospect, for nothing.

Gaudreau to NJ

Stepan to the Wild

Domi, I have no idea where

Leafs give up on Andersen

Then trade their 1st for Dougie Hamilton.

Cirellli and Killorn to Detroit for Veleno +

Ristolainen for Roslovic seems possible to me

Ryan Murray is a pretty good bet.

Same with Georgiev.

Bjustad from Pittsburgh

Matheson from Florida

Maybe Olli Juolevi for Noah Juulsen +

That's about all I have.

Edit OEL to San Jose because Doug Wilson is Doug Wilson

Vlasic goes to Detroit

Oh, and the Flower comes back to Pitt.

That was more comprehensive and easier to follow than Eklunds "rumor chart" that he charges $20 a year to sometimes have the confusing privilege of looking at it.

RantanenRavin

Jun 24, 2017
For Toronto

All but certainly gone- Kerfoot, Johnsson and Dermott

Collateral assets potentially ( add ons )- Bracco, Lilijgren, Brooks, 2020 2nd and Engravil

Doubtful but maybe- Nylander, Andersen and 15th overall ( unless it’s pick for pick swap )

extremely unlikely- Marner
Thats an interesting interpretation of his name haha

Reactions: Unbiased Fan

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Stamkos? NMC and I'm sure Stamkos does not want to waive but maybe he does? Would solve Tampa's cap issues and they would get solid futures to help their cap challenges moving forward?

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
I'd have no problem paying Danault $5M to play 3C. Blues had Bozak at $5M and he played 3C for them.

I'd pay him $6 if he wanted. He's ideally a 2C and comparables have him at that AAV. He's not gonna be your traditional 3C, he'll likely lead all forwards in TOI again next year as well as Julien tries to roll at least 3 lines rather evenly. Suzuki and even more likely, KK, are going to have their ups and downs. We can't underestimate the importance of Danault on this team because the kids had a good playoffs.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I'd pay him $6 if he wanted. He's ideally a 2C and comparables have him at that AAV. He's not gonna be your traditional 3C, he'll likely lead all forwards in TOI again next year as well as Julien tries to roll at least 3 lines rather evenly. Suzuki and even more likely, KK, are going to have their ups and downs. We can't underestimate the importance of Danault on this team because the kids had a good playoffs.

I see the Habs rolling 3 lines where the skilled ones gets time on the PP and the defensive ones get time on the PK.

Danault's comments lately are being overblown. He is just saying that he can provide offensive and is just not a defensive guy. I don't blame him cause if I was him, I'd say the same thing. Habs best strategy is to keep Tatar and Gallagher with Danault and find better wingers for Suzuki and KK

Other teams who want to pin him down as a 3C need to think again cause he's not going to sign an extension for that role.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Kevin Hayes got 7 years 50 mil as a 2c. And while covid of course changes things, I don't think it changes to 5 or 6 million for Danault. Say 6.5 million with a backloaded deal (escrow reasons) if signed this off season. 7 million if wait until free agency.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Hoping the Devils inquire about Gaudreau .
Correct me if I’m wrong but Flames need RHD ?
Two of the Devils first round picks (Coyotes and Canucks picks) plus Butcher ? for Johnny and a cap dump ?
Not sure what flames would prefer . Butcher or perhaps a forward instead like Boqvist or McCleod or Zacha (I don’t want to move Zacha as he still is improving and a stud on the PK )

Too much or not enough from the Devils ?

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
Two of the Devils first round picks (Coyotes and Canucks picks) plus Butcher ? for Johnny and a cap dump ?
Not sure what flames would prefer . Butcher or perhaps a forward instead like Boqvist or McCleod or Zacha (I don’t want to move Zacha as he still is improving and a stud on the PK )

Don't get the Johnny love, he walks in two seasons

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
Penguins
- We will trade a goalie, most likely Murray
- 95% Bjugstad will be traded or bought out. His contract only has 1 year left so the buyout is manageable. JR said in an interview he might have a place with the team but we all think he's just pumping him up hoping to get a trade offer.
- 60% McCann will be moved for either a better fit at 3C or a 3rd pairing RHD. Management has stated he's not a fit at 3C, is better as a W for us.
- 20% Jack Johnson will be moved in a trade with retention or salary coming back. Management is trying to defend him in the press, and the reality is that contract is too long to buyout, probably also to move.
- 15% Hornqvist is traded. He has a NMC, and is a big part of the leadership, but 5.3m for a guy they no longer see as a fit for Crosby or Malkin, this relegating him to the 3rd line with top PP deployment, is too much.
- Schultz, Sheary, Marleau will walk as UFAs.

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008

The Flames need a center but they just need to rebuild(which won't happen), so we need a center.

spaghtti

Oct 13, 2013
Penguins
- We will trade a goalie, most likely Murray
- 95% Bjugstad will be traded or bought out. His contract only has 1 year left so the buyout is manageable. JR said in an interview he might have a place with the team but we all think he's just pumping him up hoping to get a trade offer.
- 60% McCann will be moved for either a better fit at 3C or a 3rd pairing RHD. Management has stated he's not a fit at 3C, is better as a W for us.
- 20% Jack Johnson will be moved in a trade with retention or salary coming back. Management is trying to defend him in the press, and the reality is that contract is too long to buyout, probably also to move.
- 15% Hornqvist is traded. He has a NMC, and is a big part of the leadership, but 5.3m for a guy they no longer see as a fit for Crosby or Malkin, this relegating him to the 3rd line with top PP deployment, is too much.
- Schultz, Sheary, Marleau will walk as UFAs.
McCann for Benning?

RebuildinVan

Jun 25, 2017
From Vancouver Demko depending on what happens with Markstrom. Also think Virtanen isnt in the regular season line up, he's had one good playoff game so far. One of those two will be attached to get rid of one of Bennings bad contracts

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad