Speculation: Players who will be traded this off season

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Why does Detroit do either of these in the early part of a rebuild?

You always need a veteran to help others players grow. In fact that was the Detroit way, under Scotty. Kronwall's gone, Green is gone, Daley will be gone. Vlasic would be a good bet for an A.

And Cirelli/Killorn gives you a 2nd line.

Detroit's not going to be a dead duck for too long under Stevie Y. That's not how he manages.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
I can see Wilson trading one of Vlasic/Burns this offseason if he can find the right trading partner(s) while navigating through their respective NMC/NTC. Labanc could be dealt for the right return.
Is Wilson willing to add a prime asset to Vlasic to move him?

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Detroit needs to add another 1st rd pick but at the cost of taking on a cap dump not a Mantha.

That's all I see the DRW doing
I think that the Leafs trade was a one-off. I don't think you'll see many teams offering up 1st rounders for cap space moving forward.

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
Is Wilson willing to add a prime asset to Vlasic to move him?

Hang tight, I’ll ask him.

But seriously, I’d guess he could package this years first or Labanc. I don’t know what the trade market would be. Players that have been thought to be untradable in the past have been moved. We’ll see what happens. I’m guessing Wilson would have to retain a little bit of salary regardless

Last edited:

Bond

May 10, 2012
I'm not sure which is funnier, the spelling of his name, or the idea that any deal centered around Gaudreau could get him.
Hey man there was some super legit sounding rumour from a friend of the Flames owner's nephew that Gaudreau and Kylington for Couturier and Ghost. As a Flames fan I totally endorse it haha.

I wouldn't be surprised to keep seeing that one pop-up because of that 'rumour' even though it makes zero sense for the Flyers

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Hey man there was some super legit sounding rumour from a friend of the Flames owner's nephew that Gaudreau and Kylington for Couturier and Ghost. As a Flames fan I totally endorse it haha.

I wouldn't be surprised to keep seeing that one pop-up because of that 'rumour' even though it makes zero sense for the Flyers

Because with the Flyers icing Derek Grant and Nate Thompson but benching JVR, trading a center for a LW is definitely something that makes a lot of sense.

Reactions: Flyer lurker

Bond

May 10, 2012
Because with the Flyers icing Derek Grant and Nate Thompson but benching JVR, trading a center for a LW is definitely something that makes a lot of sense.
Exactly! Would also be bad value for the Flyers.

On another note, what happened to JVR, is he injured or did his game just completely fall off?

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Exactly! Would also be bad value for the Flyers.

On another note, what happened to JVR, is he injured or did his game just completely fall off?

I'll be very clear that he wasnt playing great, but did had a pretty good season before COVID-19.

However, our brilliant coach is upset because he cant generate offense when playing with Derek Grant and Tyler Pitlick.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
I think the Oilers will trade Adam Larsson, possibly juhjaur khaira, outside chance on Nurse but not likely.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
For the Wild:

Either Dumba or Brodin
Either Greenway or Donato
Parise is a longshot

Not sure anyone else is traded, but the only guys I absolutely can't see being moved are Fiala, Kaprizov, Suter, Spurgeon. Prospects/AHL players are fair game, no untouchables there.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
So I assume you'd rather we keep selling? Personally i'd preach cautious optimism. You aren't wrong with the holes you present although I believe we are in a strong position going into the offseason to make the classic hockey trade re: Domi , futures trades re: Poehling and our 1st, flex our cap either through Free Agency or cap strapped team re: Jake Allen and the Blues to fill some of those gaps.

I agree with the last line, which is why I would be patient on defence. I don't think our Defence is so bad that it'll be the cause of us missing the playoffs. Weber and Petry will drag it along. Unless the right deal comes along, we can afford to wait until the deadline to see if Kulak can find the consistancy, if Mete can develop a bit more, or what we have in Romonov. We can afford to be impatient at wing because it's a weakness organizationally anyway. Spend there and find those wingers because nobody is stepping in short term to figure that out.

Ultimately, if KK and Suzuki stagnate, we are going to be selling some big pieces sooner rather than later anyways. Habs may as well be aggressive right now and try to surround them with talent now while we have some momentum and if it doesn't work out, recoup the assets later.

Nope I want MTL to pick a direction and fans to be realistic. I get why people want MTL to contend right now : Price + Weber window and two top centers, that is a compelling argument. But what I find the fact that fans don't find anything against their team quite annoying. Bergevin wanted to give his chance to the youth yet he puts Ouellet rather than guys like Juulsen, Brook, Fleury. Mete had a great season two years ago, you keep pushing him up and down the lineup rather than helping him on his current line... Ylonen was not even considered in place of Weise, who has no more fuel in the tank.
If he wants to contend right now, Bergevin has to get the players mentioned above (e.g via FA :Krug Dadonov Halak, Soderberg, Toffoli... an ok class). Via trade if you want to go for it right now : you put Domi, Chiarot, Weal, Caufied, Brook/Juulsen/Fleury 1st 2021/2022 on the block. But you need to chose a direction. PIT can be criticized (and I think they could have gotten a better deal for 1st + Hallander than what they got) but they have a strategy : as long as there is a little bit of hockey juice in Crosby + Malkin, we are all in, no tomorrow. While Bergevin has been making good trades it was always without a clear direction in mind.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019

Why would Flyers trade for Kylington when they all ready have 3 d keepers in Myers, Sanheim, and Provorov?
NJD for Johnny Hockey makes a lot more sense to me.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Domi wants to play center and we have Suzuki, KK, and Danault as our centers. Habs would like to flip Domi for a proven LD now or a power forward winger. We would add the 16th pick and other pieces depending on the return.

Domi for Matheson. You know you wanna do it :)

angry pirate

Feb 9, 2009
Draft picks.

Would Arizona prefer a 2nd this year and a 1st next year to replace the ones they lost?

What type of players after the picks are ironed out is Arizona looking for? or just picks?

how many picks are we talking about?

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
One of Palat, Kilhorn, Gourde, or Johnson that gives Tampa the best offer for cap relief. All have value and are solid 2/3 players.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Domi for Matheson. You know you wanna do it :)

Rather do Domi for Anderson and I probably won't. Domi might be sent to arbitration where we put him in a stable spot in the line-up and he produces more. Habs are not going to sell low on Domi. 12 months ago, he put up 72 pts and 28 goals playing with Shaw and sometimes Drouin as his wingers. Some say this is a fluke but I think not. He only had 11 PP points. This past season, Domi was bounced all over the line-up with no stable spot and he still managed to put up prorated numbers like 51 pts and 20 goals. That's pretty much his low end potential today at 25 but some want to say it's his max.

I get it... if I was the other team, I would be interested as well to buy low when a player is not trending like this did before. Doubt Bergevin is going to throw him away

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad