Players who look good stats-wise but are bad?

schnapshot

Mendoza baby
Jan 8, 2015
Montreal
Is there any player on your team that some would think is good looking at his Hockeydb page but as a matter of fact isn't?

For the Habs I'd say Nathan Beaulieu, some would say a 24 year old Dman coming off a 28-point season is pretty good but he's horrible defensively... All tools, no toolbox.

Tap on the Ankle

Jun 9, 2004
Ottawa
Patrick Wiercioch in his first couple seasons

He probably could have fetched a 2nd rounder at his peak value but the Sens held onto him and he never improved, ended up not getting qualified last summer

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Pominville almost had 50 points. Decent in regular season but has no second gear whatsoever in the playoffs. He's very smart but that's about it.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Nyquist but it used to be abdelkader. Everyone knows he sucks now though and no good stats without datsyuk

Stive Morgan

Mhm. Mhm. Mhm.
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
Beaulieu and Pacioretty. I can't even remember ever seeing Beaulieu make a play where I said "wow, what a pass!" or anyhting like that. I had no idea how he got 28 points.

Pacioretty is just streaky. He'll score 3-4 points one game then be invisible for the next 6 games.

Diamondillium

DO YOU WANT ANTS!?
Aug 22, 2011
Edmonton, AB
How is he that bad? Just wondering, I don't see him play much.

He has no ability to have a balance in his game. He'll completely sacrifice one aspect of the game for the other. He'll either cheat defensively to generate offense, which he's done most of his career, or occasionally when he has to play decent defensively, such as these playoffs, he doesn't have the ability to generate offense because he's too focused on getting back on the play to be in a good position in the offensive zone. Good players find a balance of the two and can still generate offense when playing a responsible game.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Kevin Hayes can look extremely ****** one night and then amazing the next night (bad 70% of the time, good 30%), dudes so inconsistent. He really is not good though and he leaves you wanting so much more. I don't know how he was on pace for 53 points honestly. There's also Holden who somehow got 34 points this season, he was terrible since 2017 started (I'll admit I actually thought he could be a top 4 D after his hot first half ish, played like a #3 dman) he is not good at all. That's really it from the Rangers

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Probably several players that have played on Crosbys wing through the years. At least for the years they played with sid.

TMLegend

May 27, 2012
Somewhere
Kessel. Particularly the version the Leafs got.

James Reimer usually had decent stats, but anyone who has watched him extensively knows he's not a #1.

Nightfx

Nov 23, 2009
Calgary
2016 Colborne

Completely carried by Backlund

Wideman has also put up a ton of points in his career while being pretty terrible.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Markus Granlund

Put up 19 goals on a bad Canucks team. Canucks fans might disagree with me but I don't like how he plays at all. So soft and timid

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad