Players who are STILL on your team that you can't wait to see gone.

BudMovin*

Bruins: Campbell, Kelly, Gagne. All three suck, yet somehow they get significant minutes.

LeighDx59

Nov 23, 2011
Detroit, MI
Thought this thread was made for him. Pretty much the last Kenny Holland mistake still lingering around with the rest mostly having left town. Some Wings fans would say Franzen, some (lots before this year) might say Quincey... not me. Closest might be Jonathan Ericsson in a year or so if he keeps slumping.

Ericsson? I think Jakub Kindl first and foremost. With how bad he has been, I cant wait to see him finally gone.

Hyack57

Aug 6, 2004
Airdrie, AB
Jannik Hansen

Hands of stone. Gets so many chances but 9/10 misses the net or fluffs the shot. He doesn't think the offence game well at all so when he has a chance due to his good forecheck it's a soft flip right into the goalies chest.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
I have a few teams:

:sharks Scott Hannan :speechles It's past time to hang the blades up and retire. Throw in Irwin.

:nashville Olli Jokinen :shakehead He plays a 120-foot game of awfulness. Throw in Hutton.

:sabres Cody Hodgson :facepalm: The 24 year old has earned his +/- of -15. Throw in Stafford.

:caps Justin Peters :pout: He's been the worst backup the team has had in a long time. Throw in Erat (wait! ... we did way back early in the calendar year. He's in Arizona;)).

A Shiny Zubat

Lurker
Jan 3, 2011
Darmstadt
OP makes it sound like Berra's been an anchor for years.

I get that Berra's unpopular, both due to play and the manner in which he was acquired, but he doesn't really fit into the OP's own title, what with the "STILL" and all.

At any rate, he's an Av, and it's too early to shut the book on the guy, even if other options are, at the moment, looking much better. If I had to pick one guy I'd want gone it'd be Holden, but even he hasn't been around all that long to the point where it's maddening to think about. Only guy who comes close to that criteria would be McLeod, but I've got no problem with him being a 4th line mainstay.

I'm not the Op, this is a old thread that has been freshened up by a mod. Berra is really the only guy on the Avs I can't stand. Cost a 2nd and gets an extension? Ugh.

TCIH

Nov 26, 2007
Montreal
So long as Allen stays far away from the lineup, I'm fine with everyone on the team for now, even Desharnais.

Combat Koala

Tough buildings never die
Oct 29, 2014
Michael Ryder. What a scrub he has been in New Jersey. I thought he could atleast score some goals but man... he can't do even that. And then he demands for more ice time :shakehead He just keeps hitting the ****ing posts.

Zidlicky can be the honorable mention. A turnover machine that takes dumb penalties. Useful on the PP but other then that it is really hard to like him.

A Shiny Zubat

Lurker
Jan 3, 2011
Darmstadt
Here are the NHL Castaways:

Moved CoHo to LW, might spark some change. I placed defenders randomly, and placed skaters on points this year...mostly.
Big question, does this team finish 30th?

Hodgson-Desharnais-Stafford
Bollig-Jokinen-Hansen
Glass-Gaustad-Bourque
Heatley-Rinaldo-Adams/Thorburn/Cleary/Kaleta

Allen-Jackman
Hannan-Salvador
Carle-Strait
Greening-Rozsival

Pavelec
Berra
Johnson
Peters

Coached by Hitchcock

tohaa

Apr 23, 2012
Senators:

Chris Phillips: He's that buddy you liked five or ten years ago and was kinda useful too, but now he's just making Dumb and Dumber jokes and is painful to be around, but you still see him because deep down he's a nice guy, but secretly you hope aliens capture him.

Chris Neil: He used to be someone that would be great to have around in a tight spot, but now he just looks constipated all the time and doesn't score, doesn't pass and is "good in the room." Great, so stay in the room then.

Milan Michalek: Someone somewhere wants a player that looks like a hyena and is pretty useless. That someone is not me.

Jared Cowen: Aaaaaaaaaaaaah I can play defence ummmmmmmmmm Erik look I pass puck this time! :facepalm:

Curtis Lazar: I hope we get more than 5 goals, 15 assists and a nice smile out of him...cos Chris Kelly ceiling isn't what I want out of this kid.

Pretty much how I feel about the Sens nowadays. Add Melnyk to the list though.

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
Rene Bourque

I can't believe I'm saying this, but Bryan Allen was more useful to us than Bourque.

And Boudreau keeps putting him on the top powerplay and the top line in Perry's absence even though it's clearly not working and mostly anyone in our forward group would be more effective.

We told you guys! At least Allen is the #8 D and is not playing right now. If he was, he would be my choice for sure.:laugh:

Hope you guys bench him soon enough.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad