Players who are labeled incorrectly

Rafafouille

May 12, 2015
QC
Erik Karlsson as a offensive d-man ( i mean yea he's the best at offence, but he is also elite at defence and the best all around player in the world.)

Ovechkin as a one dimensional shooter. In reality he is a actually a great passer.

164 assists in his last 446 games doesn't exactly make him seem like a great passer, especially when about half of these are from guys picking up the rebounds of his shots.

Super Hans

Stats Evangelist
Oct 9, 2016
Power forward is a term thrown out about a lot of forwards with size these days and barely any of them play the way I grew up watching power forwards play.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I think Phil Kessel is mis-labeled as a pure goal-scorer.

In his time in Toronto, he had the best shot and was their best player, so many players deferred to him, causing him to have to bear the goal-scoring load. He's not really a very versatile goal scorer though... Most of his goals on a far side snapshot (typically shooting at the left side of the net from the right wing). He went the entire 15-16 season with the Penguins without scoring a single slap-shot or true one-time goal.

In Pittsburgh, with more talented teammates he has emerged as a bit of a playmaker, and less of a one-trick goal scorer.

He was also labeled a locker room cancer in Toronto, and judging from the way the players and fans have received him here in Pittsburgh, this is clearly not the case.

Tbh, if anything, we wish he'd be more selfish and shoot more. Far too good a shooter to keep passing, even if it is to Geno.

That whippy stick of his does seem to make one times difficult though.

Weast

May 16, 2011
Pretty much every Canadian who has average/below average skating is labeled a two-way center lol. A lot of them are trash defensively.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Karlsson can't play defense is so stupid and still used to this day.

thewall

Jul 9, 2010
Subban as a selfish player. The guy cares and wants to win so bad. Just look at him when his teamates makes a great goal. Hes just one happy person who shows alot of emotion. A true playoff warrior.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
People seem to think that Skinner is an injury prone, small, one dimensional player.

In reality he's missed 19 games over the last four seasons, hockeydb lists him at the same exact size as Sidney Crosby (who I've never seen anybody refer to as small), and he's gotten a lot better defensively under Peters. He'll never be great, but at least he's aware the d-zone exists now :laugh:

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
He's not a bottom pairing hack out there trying to hurt people.

He is a hard-nosed top 4 shutdown defender with a surprisingly decent amount of offensive pop in his game.

As a Bolts fan I can attest to this. A really nice #4 defenseman.

hallhopkinseberle

Jul 14, 2007
london
Oilers fans label RNH as a 2-way forward, but he's not good offensively or defensively. He's a 0-way forward.

Nuge is #1 problem offensively, is that he is way too focused on being the defensive centre. I think Todd needs to just let him go offensive. It would be great to get a Brian Boyle signed this off-season to fill the role of a defensive centre. Or even get a two way winger to play on his line. Just to relief the defensive pressure off his shoulder.

In the playoff, in moments, who kinda saw the rookie nuge who was liking like a PPG centre in the NHL. His hands, ability to pass the puck, hockey IQ, his shot. Everything sucks he couldnt get anything done offensively. Anyone who said he played poorly is just stat watching.

hallhopkinseberle

Jul 14, 2007
london
People seem to think that Skinner is an injury prone, small, one dimensional player.

In reality he's missed 19 games over the last four seasons, hockeydb lists him at the same exact size as Sidney Crosby (who I've never seen anybody refer to as small), and he's gotten a lot better defensively under Peters. He'll never be great, but at least he's aware the d-zone exists now :laugh:

He's injury prone due to the fact he has had like 3 concussions in the NHL. After you get concussed, you are more likely to get concussed again. All it takes is another concussion and maybe his career is over.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
Nuge is #1 problem offensively, is that he is way too focused on being the defensive centre. I think Todd needs to just let him go offensive. It would be great to get a Brian Boyle signed this off-season to fill the role of a defensive centre. Or even get a two way winger to play on his line. Just to relief the defensive pressure off his shoulder.

In the playoff, in moments, who kinda saw the rookie nuge who was liking like a PPG centre in the NHL. His hands, ability to pass the puck, hockey IQ, his shot. Everything sucks he couldnt get anything done offensively. Anyone who said he played poorly is just stat watching.

I missed maybe 5 games this year. He played poorly. Was rarely an offensive threat all year. He was given the hard matchups, but that doesn't mean he was good defensively. He failed at a lot of those matchups.

His intensity picked up in the playoffs but still had nothing to show for it offensively.

Oilyveins97*

Jun 11, 2017
Manitoba
I missed maybe 5 games this year. He played poorly. Was rarely an offensive threat all year. He was given the hard matchups, but that doesn't mean he was good defensively. He failed at a lot of those matchups.

His intensity picked up in the playoffs but still had nothing to show for it offensively.

I agree with this, most of our fellow Oiler fans will disagree though

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Agree with Horvat, more of a PWF than TWF. Been saying it all year.

Definitely agree with Karlsson too, although I think he pretty much silenced his critics in the post season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad