Players who are dirty but get often not called for it

Strakanator

Sep 21, 2007
Malkin is terrible at getting away with penalties. He slashes and makes it super obvious and then gets called for a minor penalty.

He gets called for it all the time. Malkin is literally not the player this thread us about.

Look for players that have low penalty minute totals that should be much higher.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Crosby easily.

Honest question, not trying to be dense here: what has Crosby done in like the last 3 years to warrant being mentioned in this thread?

Like sure, you can definitely point to stuff he did when he was younger, but I genuinely can't think of anything in say the past 3 seasons that would qualify as "dirty". The ROR spear and the Methot slash were both basically 4 years ago.

Reactions: tvilling

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Lol at all of these.

Are you guys stuck in like 2017 or something? The last legitimate thing I can remember from any of these guys was like 4 years ago, which was the Malkin headshot on Wheeler. The Crosby on Methot slash was almost 4 years ago now too.

He actually, shockingly, got suspended for that one, unlike this one:

earlier in the 18/19 season.

He only played 55 games, plus 4 in the bubble, last season, which probably explains why he hasn't injured anyone recently. Don't worry though, I'm sure he'll get back on it soon, and we'll hear the usual excuses about how "he's protecting himself" and "he doesn't have a history".

At least he was genuinely regretful after the the match penalty against the Flyers:

"I know it was dirty, but I missed my stick and I touched his, like, shoulder to shoulder, I don’t know," Malkin told reporters after the game. "Everyone was like give me five minutes. It wasn’t dangerous, he wasn’t bleeding or anything. I know it gave them a five-minute power play and it was my fault, for sure, but just play smart next time."

Evgeni Malkin: Penguins star suspended for nasty stick swing

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
6Ov.gif

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

He actually, shockingly, got suspended for that one, unlike this one:

earlier in the 18/19 season.

He only played 55 games, plus 4 in the bubble, last season, which probably explains why he hasn't injured anyone recently. Don't worry though, I'm sure he'll get back on it soon, and we'll hear the usual excuses about how "he's protecting himself" and "he doesn't have a history".

Oh yeah you're right on that Malkin slash, I had actually forgotten about that one. You're definitely right with that one.

I just genuinely didn't recall anything in recent memory from those 3 guys that would make them warranted in this thread. The Malkin slash was something I had just forgotten about, so I think he's appropriate to mention. I still think the point stands with Crosby and Letang.

AD1066

Sep 30, 2011
Malkin is terrible at getting away with penalties. He slashes and makes it super obvious and then gets called for a minor penalty.

He gets called for it all the time. Malkin is literally not the player this thread us about.

Look for players that have low penalty minute totals that should be much higher.

The thing that drives me crazy about Malkin is he often gets his stick up in peoples faces during scrums, from what I've seen. Not necessarily as a cross check, but just being careless and stupid and keeping it in one or both hands while swinging or pushing. Which seems hotheaded and dangerous, compared to a glove to the face.

Reactions: Crocoduck

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
My list:
1) Malkin: So many dirty plays in his career it's ridiculous. Spearings and other dirty things, yup, there you have Malkin. And he's never called for it. Up to this day. Especially his spearings. Any other player and they would be suspended for alot of games or at least ejected. Malkin? Nope, nothing.
2) Weber: Cross check and roughing galore. "He's such a tough player to play against." No shit, he can go full cave man and never suffer the consequences. Not even 2 minutes for the major penalties he gets away with, constantly.
3) Crosby: The golden boy has done alot of dirty stuff, taking a note from Malkin how to do it dirty. Or more like they are on the same page.

Reactions: Alex1234

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
In the playoffs a lot of fans of other teams complained about Pavelski being lowkey dirty

Jamie Benn as well nearly brought the Avs announcers to tears

Reactions: CanuckCity

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad