Players who are dirty but get often not called for it

Calgarybrutalist

Apr 2, 2014
Not sure if it's still the case but when Paul Byron was on the flames he would run around crush people all game and didn't seem to care if it was late or from behind. I think he caught a lot of players off guard because he's small, but he would crumple two or three guys a game.

Edit: A lot of the Nashville guys are sneaky dirty. Also Nate Thompson, going back to his lightning and ducks days.

Reactions: IlikeEich

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Some years ago (10 +) one player recalled, that Bryan Marchment came with an interesting offer to him: "I can tell you how to broke leg without anyone will notice it."

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
Some years ago (10 +) one player recalled, that Bryan Marchment came with an interesting offer to him: "I can tell you how to broke leg without anyone will notice it."

No surprise. Probably the dirtiest player I've ever seen in the NHL. He had a massive reputation for being filthy, but he was way, way worse than that and it boggled my mind how he was allowed to stay in the league for so long, blatantly damaging careers and lives.

JasonRoseEh

Oct 23, 2018
Honestly Marchand. I feel like everyone knows he's dirty but he's hardly ever taken to task or suspended, hell he's often commended.

JasonRoseEh

Oct 23, 2018
seriously what is Chara doing??? How does one ref not make a call? He is literally sitting on him just pounding on him..
I watch almost every Caps game, he does this a lot. It's like he can't stand someone actually having the audacity to try and hit him.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
A shame to see this turd in DC, now doing what he did in Boston. Retire you fool. Bonehead move by the Caps :ha:

The horror. This happens more often than you'd think, players tying each other up on the ice. Possibly a roughing minor, rarely called.

In reality, a terrific move by Washington. The softness of modern fans doesn't change the reality of the sport.

goldenbladz1

Feb 11, 2015
Sebastian Aho, prime example of ratty things? Riight. I'd suggest watching hockey.

I'd say Malkin is the obvious one, constantly gets away with stuff, most notoriously breaking Erik Haula's jaw with a cross check. Somehow refs never notice when Malkin goes on headhunting missions, which happens frequently with him.
Yes Malkin also hit Crawford in the head ending his season.

Reactions: Halberdier

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
Crosby and Malkin are the worst in the league, but the league is terrified of suspending them. Malkin in particular tries to injure a flyer in every game he plays.

Cory Perry was a total POS that got very little heat too.

vandymeer13

Feb 8, 2017
Iowa
Chris Pronger is one I'd say got away with some the dirty plays.
Pronger was a complete tool. I would laugh when announcers would always say how tough he was. Give me a break he was good and he was big but was cheap and didn't fight a lot. I would take a prime Derian Hatcher over him. For a elite dman who was one of the toughest

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
Jamie Benn as well nearly brought the Avs announcers to tears

Benn is pretty dirty but not to the extreme and also it’s also not under the radar the way he plays. Not a great fit for this particular thread

Pavelski idk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad