Value of: Players Minnesota should consider trading for, and what you’d give up for them

Mickey the mouse

Jun 30, 2013
Why even bother with Lodnia and Kapanen? Confuses things unnecessarily.

Having said all that, I don't see the Wild trading Dumba. Nylander is a luxury, Dumba and Brodin are the future #1 pairing for MN, and are a necessity to keep around. Dumba has his faults, but he is still scratching the surface when it comes to running the PP because he is blocked by Suter, and to a lesser extent, Spurgeon.
Because Wild need GOAL SCORERS

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
They don’t apply because Minnesota isn’t getting a greater asset in Dumba for Nylander. Sure, if Edmonton came calling with the best player in the league then of course Dumba is available. Let me rephrase for you: Dumba isn’t available for Nylander. The upward trajectory he is on would be stupid to trade away barring massive overpayment.

uh Nylander is on an upward trajectory as well

we value him as much as you value Dumba, but to suggest that it can't happen because you say it so, is just short-sighted; if not 1-for-1, something can be worked out with these two pieces as the main components

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
uh Nylander is on an upward trajectory as well

we value him as much as you value Dumba, but to suggest that it can't happen because you say it so, is just short-sighted; if not 1-for-1, something can be worked out with these two pieces as the main components
I would love to have Nylander, and his value is righ there with Dumba, but I personally wouldn't consider moving Dumba for Nylander.

Reactions: Digitalbooya

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Anders Lee and Brock Nelson for Jonas Brodin and Charlie Coyle. If you want a D you can have Pelech with Lee and Nelson but I'd want a 2nd rounder back with Brodin and Coyle.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Anders Lee and Brock Nelson for Jonas Brodin and Charlie Coyle. If you want a D you can have Pelech with Lee and Nelson but I'd want a 2nd rounder back with Brodin and Coyle.
I would probably do Brodin for Lee. No interest in Nelson

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Because Wild need GOAL SCORERS
And you are saying that Kapanen is a goal scorer? He's got 8 bloody goals in his career! You, there is some potential, but lodnia has tons too, AND his agent is Kaprizov's also. If having Lodnia on the Wild makes it more attractive to KK, then we keep Lodnia.

Kapanen is a nothing burger, till he proves otherwise. Calling him a "goalscorer" is laughable.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
God no. And i like Lee, a lot.

CamelToews

Dec 16, 2015
Would love Spurgeon on the Leafs. Think he’s one of the most underrated defenders in the nhl.

CamelToews

Dec 16, 2015
I’m open to trading him, what would you offer?
I’d offer Brown. 2019 1st, and choice of prospect. But don’t think it would get it done.
Spurgeon + small add for Nylander is something probably more realistic however.

Flyerfan52

May 3, 2012
Winnipeg
I’d offer Brown. 2019 1st, and choice of prospect. But don’t think it would get it done.
Spurgeon + small add for Nylander is something probably more realistic however.
That 1 I can see happening. Should Spurgeon balk & invoke his NTC Dumba with a bigger add still gets the Leafs that sought after RD.

The Wild have some dang good pieces but the OP is shooting way too high with his expected return. There is 0 chance the Flyers trade 1 of their top 2 centers unless a better 1 comes back while TML will obviously want an overpay for 1 of their top 3 scorers especially since both were still on ELC.

Don't give up OP. There are 28 other teams for you to target. :popcorn:

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
That 1 I can see happening. Should Spurgeon balk & invoke his NTC Dumba with a bigger add still gets the Leafs that sought after RD.

The Wild have some dang good pieces but the OP is shooting way too high with his expected return. There is 0 chance the Flyers trade 1 of their top 2 centers unless a better 1 comes back while TML will obviously want an overpay for 1 of their top 3 scorers especially since both were still on ELC.

We're not trading Dumba for anything the Leafs are offering.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin

Lul what?

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Okay, but Nylander has less value than Dumba so your examples of Marner for McDavid and Dumba for Dahlin don’t apply
I guess we just don't need someone that good then. There are 41 defensemen in the league that play harder minutes than Dumba. Cheaper to take a risk on Tanev who is used to playing against harder competition and would be way cheaper. Leafs need a workhorse...not an overprotected superstar.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I guess we just don't need someone that good then. There are 41 defensemen in the league that play harder minutes than Dumba. Cheaper to take a risk on Tanev who is used to playing against harder competition and would be way cheaper. Leafs need a workhorse...not an overprotected superstar.
We get it, we get it: nylander<Reilly<Dumba,
Hockey players are stallions, and value is all in the player’s size.

Last edited:
Reactions: Digitalbooya

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Looks like you got your target then. Need a referral to a Tanev to Toronto thread?

torniojaws

Jan 10, 2017
Finland
From the quick game here and there I saw, Minnesota needs an extra top 4 D-man, in addition to some firepower.

Erik Karlsson? Minnesota has almost 10M in cap space, which might be enough. He would bring some extra scoring, but maybe some trade could be done in addition. But looking at the contracts Minnesota has... holy shiznit, are they screwed! Aging, overpaid and filled with NMC/NTCs. It appears only Coyle and Foligno are some cruft that could be removed.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
From the quick game here and there I saw, Minnesota needs an extra top 4 D-man, in addition to some firepower.

Erik Karlsson? Minnesota has almost 10M in cap space, which might be enough. He would bring some extra scoring, but maybe some trade could be done in addition. But looking at the contracts Minnesota has... holy shiznit, are they screwed! Aging, overpaid and filled with NMC/NTCs. It appears only Coyle and Foligno are some cruft that could be removed.

Man, stick to what you know.

Reactions: 2Pair and Tuntrui

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison

We had one of the highest scoring bluelines in the league and Coyle is one of the best value contracts on the team. Trading for an $11m-$12m defenseman and "removing" affordable, useful players are some of the last things we should be doing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad