Player Inquiry Thread (ALL other player-related threads will be deleted)

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
I'm wondering; why isn't OEL getting more ice-time?

Other elite defencemen roam around 28-30 minutes per game, whereas OEL get around 22-23 many nights. Any thoughts?

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I'm wondering; why isn't OEL getting more ice-time?

Other elite defencemen roam around 28-30 minutes per game, whereas OEL get around 22-23 many nights. Any thoughts?

The Coyotes have depth. Keith Yandle is pretty special and they play the same side, so time gets split between those two pairings.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
The Coyotes have depth. Keith Yandle is pretty special and they play the same side, so time gets split between those two pairings.

Given that depth on defence, wouldn't it be in your best interest to trade one of your top-4 defencemen for a top-3 forward?

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus

Another game where both Yandle and Murphy had 6 minutes more of ince-time than OEL. Isn't this weird?

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Another game where both Yandle and Murphy had 6 minutes more of ince-time than OEL. Isn't this weird?

It was Michalek's first game back from an extended absence. His 5o5 time was limited as a result. He's OEL's partner. Because Z's time was limited, so OELs was a result. Because Z and OEL played limited 5on5 minutes, the Yandle pairing had to pick up the slack. That's why he and Murphy had so much even strength time.

There is no underlying meaning or indication of value here. It's simple situational decisions. It's why advanced stats nerds never make any go damned sense. They forget about the whole hockey part of the equation.

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
There is no underlying meaning or indication of value here. It's simple situational decisions. It's why advanced stats nerds never make any go damned sense. They forget about the whole hockey part of the equation.

Can you elaborate? This seems like a brutally unfair generalization, and at any rate, it's the opposite of what I see. Those "nerds" seem to provide more context than any of the normies. The entire basis of stats like Corsi Rel, Fenwick Close, etc. are that the traditional stats are reductive and misleading because they ignore exactly what you're complaining the fancy stats ignore.

Poulin 0n My St1ck

Oct 18, 2010
Hey, Yotes fans! Isles fan coming in peace.

I was wondering how Gormley and Rundblad have been doing in your system. Our D sucks and could use an upgrade without breaking the bank for a solid return.

How do they look and who/what would you want for one of them?

I trust your organization grooming your D prospects a hell of a lot more than the Isles with theirs.

Looking forward to the game tomorrow night!

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Wondering - once the Yotes are fully healthy (if that ever happens) what do the line combos look like?

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Wondering - once the Yotes are fully healthy (if that ever happens) what do the line combos look like?

Good question. Can't even figure out the D, but I'd do something like this:

Doan-Hanzal-Vrbata
Boedker-Vermette-Kennedy
Klinkhammer-Ribeiro-Brule
Korpikoski-Chipchura-Szwarz

I edited that like 10 times, so maybe it's not as easy as I think.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ

Doan-Hanzal-Vrbata
Boedker-Vermette-Kennedy

Z is going to be out for quite a while I think so the D is as it was last game.

OEL/Murphy
Yandle/DeMo
Klesla/Stone

for the offense, I think i'll go with
Brule/Hanzal/Vrbata
Klinkhammer/Ribeiro/Doan
Korpi/Vermette/Boedker
Chipchura/Halpern/Kennedy

I'd probably switch Kennedy with Szwarz just for PK duty, but we are desperately in need of just 1 more player to play in the top 6 to replace Brule.

Jagr/Hanzal/Vrbata
Klinkhammer/Ribeiro/Doan
Korpi/Vermette/Boedker
Brule/Chips/Swarz/Kennedy/Biz

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC

Doan-Hanzal-Vrbata
Boedker-Vermette-Kennedy

OK, so we really need a sniper to play on Ribeiro's wing. Also, no Moss?

On a side note, Tricia, is blogging your job? Looking at your post count you average over 75 posts a day!!!

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
OK, so we really need a sniper to play on Ribeiro's wing. Also, no Moss?

On a side note, Tricia, is blogging your job? Looking at your post count you average over 75 posts a day!!!

No, it is not. :P

Came in here to ask, how did Rob Klinkhammer end up being nicknamed The Colonel?

I must have missed how it happened.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
Derek Morris

Will the Yotes move him even if they don't necessarily fall out of playoff contention? If so what would he cost?

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I think the only way he's moved is if we bottom out. If we're playoff bound, he stays.

He's a pending UFA. Although he's only making $2.75M now, I imagine he'd have to take a slight pay cut to stay. We have too much defensive depth and too little budget to bring him back.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
I think the only way he's moved is if we bottom out. If we're playoff bound, he stays.

He's a pending UFA. Although he's only making $2.75M now, I imagine he'd have to take a slight pay cut to stay. We have too much defensive depth and too little budget to bring him back.

So hypothetically lets say they fall out of playoff contention, what do you think the price would be? Like a 2nd round pick?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad