Player Inquiry Thread (ALL other player-related threads will be deleted)

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
The article is a year old

Murphy impressed in camp. Had to have opened a few eyes. Just one of those kids that has so much in terms of physical tools that he can get away with missing some development time.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Murphy impressed in camp. Had to have opened a few eyes. Just one of those kids that has so much in terms of physical tools that he can get away with missing some development time.

Preaching to the converted. I had the Pom pom's out when we drafted him.

All_blueandwhite

Apr 15, 2007
Martin Hanzal

mostly just wondering from a fantasy point of view, but I'm curious as to Martin Hanzal's offensive production this year. For a guy whose career high is 35 points, he's already a 3rd of the way there in just 14 games.

Is this him finally breaking out? or is this just riding a hot streak

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
I think he finally breaks out this season offensively: 50-60 points, hopefully (finally) gets serious consideration for the Selke. He was already on a pretty good goal scoring pace at the start last season - just couldn't stay healthy. But Hanzal has been super effective in crashing the net and getting deflections + rebound goals. It's really exciting to watch.

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
As mentioned, health is his main issue. Given his style of play, he's going to be taking bumps and bruises his entire career, so it's a matter of whether he plays 70 games or 45. He seems to be having a bit of puck luck so far but I don't see a reason why, if he can stay mostly healthy, he couldn't score 55 points this year.

mesamonster

Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ.
Marty Hanzal is a beast, and yes health is his issue! His stature (6-6) could be an issue with his back problems that he seems to incur each year. healthy, this guy is a gamer and fun to watch down the middle.

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
The whole message board laughs when Hanzal gets described by an outsider as a 30 point player. He's so much more.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Well, atleast in this context, he was talking specifically about a fantasy hockey league. Understandable that he's looking for information about points and not pk ability.

Auzzie19

Mar 10, 2011
The North
Brandon Gormley, D

anyone want to discuss his progress, is he available. whats the price set at?

- top prospect, draft pick?

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
Good, no and high.

Everybody in this forum expects him to be in Arizona next season. The only reason he isn't now is because we have so much defensive depth. As players age / contracts expire / maybe a trade gets swung, he'll move up the depth chart. Brandon Gormley is a stud and is expected to contribute in PHX for a long time.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
He's a prospect that is actually being developed properly. So the idiots on the main forum believe he's a bust. I swear to god, Crosby and Ovechkin poisoned the minds of an entire generation of hockey fans. Haha.

Neiler

Registered Loser
Jul 16, 2006
Mikkel Boedker

Few questions for you...

I read mixed reviews about Boedker around your board. I also notice he seems to be on the third line?

Do you think he's available for the right deal? Or is he one of those guys you would rather keep no matter what?

Would he be able to handle first/second line duties at this point in his career? If so, do you think he would fit with Spezza in Ottawa?

And finally, what are your team needs?

Thanks guys.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Few questions for you...

I read mixed reviews about Boedker around your board. I also notice he seems to be on the third line?

Do you think he's available for the right deal? Or is he one of those guys you would rather keep no matter what?

Would he be able to handle first/second line duties at this point in his career? If so, do you think he would fit with Spezza in Ottawa?

And finally, what are your team needs?

Thanks guys.

Yes he could be available for a Top 6 forward. He has potential to break out as a top line forward himself but I'm not sure we are prepared to offer him a long-term big money deal.

Neiler

Registered Loser
Jul 16, 2006
How would this swap work for you guys? I floated it on the Ottawa board but there was literally no response.

M.Michalek (UFA) & J.Cowen
for
R.Klesla (UFA) & M.Boedker

Milo is finally healthy but his connection with Spezza just isn't there. Does this help you guys at all though?

Longwayfromhome

Sweden/London, UK.
Oct 18, 2013
How would this swap work for you guys? I floated it on the Ottawa board but there was literally no response.

M.Michalek (UFA) & J.Cowen
for
R.Klesla (UFA) & M.Boedker

Milo is finally healthy but his connection with Spezza just isn't there. Does this help you guys at all though?

No thank you. Do not want Cowen. Do not need Cowen. He is slow, has hands of stone, and is a bit overrated imo. And i don't want to give up on Boedker, he creates so much with his speed. If he only learns how to FINISH his chances he will be great for us.

Klesla for Michalek straight up on the other hand :naughty:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad