Player Inquiry Thread (ALL other player-related threads will be deleted)

Howler Scores

Mar 13, 2011
Maricopa County
Doubt that it will happen,
But since it's the league that cancelled those games, shouldn't Torres's suspension be up?

^ good question. To me, he should be given time served. It was the NHL as a league that suspended him and it is the NHL that has locked him out. He's not on strike, he's not being allowed to play because the league has locked the doors on him. If they do suspend him, I bet he sues the **** out of them in civil court once he's retired.

Noticed the other thread was getting long. Interesting thought on the suspensions.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Wow, that is an amazing question/point brought up. Would love to see that answered if Bettman or anyone else was asked about that!

Sciamachy

Shadow Coyote
Jan 31, 2008
What is Schlemko up to these days? I know he played for the Sundogs for a little bit but I haven't heard anything since. He's barely played any games for nearly a year now unless he's playing somewhere I'm not aware of. Having a few guys that will be looking to take his place on the roster (and have a fair shot at doing so) whenever things get started up again, I'd think he may be falling behind the guys who are still playing.

Howler Scores

Mar 13, 2011
Maricopa County

Sciamachy

Shadow Coyote
Jan 31, 2008
Thanks, hadn't heard he took a leave of absence. Hopefully everything is ok on his end. Still love what I saw out of him before he got injured last year and was hoping he could come back strong.

megajake

Aug 24, 2009
oliver ekman larsson

I watched this "kid" play mainly in the playoffs, and wow I was surprised! This guy is unbelievable! He controls the game on both sides. He got 4 more minutes then the next leading defender on the Yotes. Has he officially surpassed Yandle? I think he has . Can I get some more information on him?

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I watched this "kid" play mainly in the playoffs, and wow I was surprised! This guy is unbelievable! He controls the game on both sides. He got 4 more minutes then the next leading defender on the Yotes. Has he officially surpassed Yandle? I think he has . Can I get some more information on him?

I've been singing his praises since I stated boldly after watching him play a pre-season game for the 2010 World Juniors where I proclaimed that OEL would crack Phoenix's top 6 as a 18 year old. Took a little flack then but I think everyone understands now why I was making those claims.

Here's my quotes from 2009:
1) Was at the Team Canada / Team Sweden exhibition game tonight in Regina.

OEL looked great. He comes exactly as advertised. Very smart, fluid skater, shots get through to the net, passes are rink wide and tape to tape. He managed an assist (deflection off a point shot) and received a misconduct at the end of the game. Teppo Numminen/Michalek are very good comparisons although I think he has potential to be better than both of those players. Honestly, I think he could fit in in our top 6 d men today.

2) Just quickly re-watching last nights game on PVR and I'm glad I went to the game to just focus on OEL.

TV didn't do him justice which is why I think the comparisons to Numminen are warranted. Just a smart, smooth player who plays a solid game. Needs to be a tad more physical in the defensive zone though.

Based on his puck skills and transition game I believe he would make our team this season. I'll be surprised if he isn't a NHL regular a year from now.

3) I literally keyed on OEL each of his shifts which is why I came away so amazed by his poise with the puck. Tape to tape passes rink wide every time. Smooth, so very smooth. Years ago I used to gush about paying just to watch David Tanabe skate. Now, I can honestly say, I will pay money to watch OEL play defense.

4) most frustrating part of this years WJC is the coach of Sweden not double shifting OEL. He kept throwing Rundblad out there no matter that each and every shift he played resulted in a scoring chance against. Rundblad's horrendous play was clearly evident during the pre-tournament games and he wouldn't switch things up. Resulted in Team Sweden playing for bronze instead of gold.
-----

To be honest everyone is simply in awe how 3 years ago he was playing in the Swedish Elite League 2nd Division. He is in my mind our #1 guy and is a franchise D man. I think the over under on his next contract starts at $6 mill per season and will likely be a max limit type deal.

Easily our best player. He is Lidstromesque and claims that Coyote fans are exaggerating his upside are normally from fans who quite frankly haven't really watched him play. I couldn't be more excited about a player to be honest.

Last edited:

doaner

Aug 21, 2008
SURPRISE!
Kostitsyn, Sergei LW Phoenix Avangard Omsk KHL

Did we sign him and I didn't know about it? This is per TSN's players playing abroad page.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Why didn't OEL score points in the playoffs with so much PP time?

Our PP is terrible. No finish. 29th out of 30.

But really I wouldn't even look too much at scoring in the playoffs for the Coyotes. So many of those games, especially against Chicago were insane. System completely broke down, Smith bailing the team out left and right, and frankly a lot of poor D from the forwards. I think he, and basically every defender except Yandle had to focus squarely on keeping the puck out of the net.

It also wouldn't surprise me if LA and Nashville put a lot of focus on clamping down on the transition offense where the skilled defenders of the Yotes thrive. As a result you saw Klesla rack up some serious points in the playoffs. I mean Klesla had 8 pts in the playoffs and 13 in the entire regular season. Was just goofy all around.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad