Prospect Info: Player Discussion: Nikita Soshnikov

Lil Tuzzi Bert

Slaw Bunnies
Jul 14, 2009
TVA
Since he cant play in NA until next season does he count against the contract limit?? If so what are we at? Curious incase we're in on some College FA's or that other young KHL FA. Like the signing a lot.

Guy Boucher

Oct 22, 2008
Since he cant play in NA until next season does he count against the contract limit?? If so what are we at? Curious incase we're in on some College FA's or that other young KHL FA. Like the signing a lot.

Yea I believe so. I'd consider that we traded Broll/Ashton for this guy. Which looks like a good deal considering his age.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
We signed a Russian player? This IS a new era...

Anyway, from the scouting reports and highlights, he plays a lot like Maxim Afinogenov. Very agile and slippery with the puck. Soft hands around the net but not a hard shot. Not afraid to attack the net. Not overly strong both on his skates and on the puck. Seems like his compete level on the ice is pretty good but likely not consistent... hard to tell without watching him play over long stretches.

Sounds like a good low risk with some reward to it. I hope he's ready for some AHL time because I think he'll need at least a year there.

Last edited:

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008

Yea I believe so. I'd consider that we traded Broll/Ashton for this guy. Which looks like a good deal considering his age.

It doesn't count towards the contract limit right now since his ELC doesn't kick in before July 1st. Consider it like a slide contract (Aka Gauthier/Verhaeghe/Valiev/etc)

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
With this signing we can start to trade picks and prospects for veterans, really take a run at the cup!!!

:sarcasm:

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
I was hoping for Artem Panarin who plays for St. Petersburg of the KHL. Maybe he is next as Leafs scouts must be scouting the KHL.

timlap

Jun 19, 2002
Nice to see us sign a youngster with such good numbers in the KHL (for a youngster, at any rate). These signings are always fun for me. The off season begins! :nod:

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Russian version of Andreas Johnson?

He's a little bigger, and plays on the right side. However, I don't know if he plays this year, or goes to the Marlies. I think we should use him on the Marlies this year.

I wonder if we go for Hartikainen next, or someone better? Interested to see what comes next...

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Wouldnt mind giving Steve Moses a chance as well

Hes been absolutely ripping it up in the KHL

I'd love to give him and/or Panarin a chance. Soshnikov is probably a year or two away from NHL ice time but Moses and Panarin are probably NHL ready.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad