Prospect Info: Player Discussion: Nikita Soshnikov

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Best of luck. Let's hope he pans out for the betterment of the team.

Reddaye

Nov 1, 2011
New Brunswick
Interesting. Can't claim to know a thing about him, but I'm interested to hear from someone about why they signed him. They must have seen something in his game they liked.

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
I was thinking about Paranin yesterday and if we were going to be in on that, We may be, But we've found our own here it seems.

Durkin67

@markhmasters: Leafs sign Nikita Soshnikov to entry-level contract; 57 GP w Moscow Oblast Atlant (KHL) this season, 32 points (14 goals, 18 assists)

Does he go to the Marlies so they can call someone up?

Hmmm....

Eb

Feb 27, 2011
Toronto
Interesting. Can't claim to know a thing about him, but I'm interested to hear from someone about why they signed him. They must have seen something in his game they liked.

This would be a safe assumption.

Mckay

I find your lack of gravy disturbing.
Mar 5, 2014
Canada
Chris Johnston ‏@reporterchris 58s59 seconds ago

The #leafs newest signing, Nikita Soshnikov, isn't eligible to play in the AHL or NHL until next season.

Wouldn't want to disrupt our "progress" for this season anyways.

Mckay

I find your lack of gravy disturbing.
Mar 5, 2014
Canada
This thread = optimism. It's a welcome distraction for a little bit.

j3z98.jpg

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Won't pretend I know a lot about him, it could work or it could not work. Lots of Russian went undrafted last few years due to KHL threat. There is definitely NHL talent, just a matter of finding guys who fit in.

Do you get Kontiola or do you get Lehtera? It's a roll of the dice, hopefully our scouts came through.

Reddaye

Nov 1, 2011
New Brunswick
Looks like a good skater. A little slippery too.

Based on the few clips I've seen he certainly does look like a worker bee down low along the boards. Pretty shifty skater indeed, and drives hard to the net on a few occasions. It'll be interesting to see if he can do these things effectively in North America.

Probably a third liner at best, but hey, we really only give up a contract spot for him so he's a bit of a "free wallet."

SeenSchenn2

Itchin' For Mitch
Jun 15, 2010
Thornhill, ON
Based off the YT vids, I think it's clear now the direction the team is headed since Shanny came in. Nylander, Leipsic, This guy, and likely Strome or Marner.

Bout time we had some skill in our ranks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad