Prospect Info: Player Discussion: Connor Brown - The kid's alright, eh?

horner

May 22, 2007
We seem to have a ton of talented wingers in the system.

Has Brown ever played center .
He is smart enough
Defensively responsible

I really don't see Nylander as a center man .

htpwn

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
1mxpei.gif

A Leaf fan, who's the son of a Leaf fan, who's the grandson of a Leaf fan, just scored the GWG to put the Leafs in the playoffs.

Just feels right.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Brown and Matthews were the ones I was hoping to score the GWG. Brown is the unsung hero of the team and to me he should be the future captain.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Glad for him. Gets overlooked compared to the big 3 rookies, but he's had a great season. Love his backstory and his work ethic. 13th round OHL Draft pick despite playing for the most high profile program in Ontario Minor Hockey (or at least one of them), and 6th rounder in the NHL draft after playing for a historically bad Erie team. I've also heard nothing but good things about his family (the main compliment is his dad stayed coaching in the GTHL when most parents stop when there kid "graduates" and is a great guy).

He really worked his way hard to get in the NHL. I thought he'd be with us last year, but he broke his leg early on. I have a feeling he will eventually outplay what we can pay him (I view him similarly to how the Hawks viewed Versteeg), but I would love for him to be a life-long Leafs. He's played very well down the stretch.

leafs rule 11

Jul 28, 2007
its so nice that a 6th round pick of ours gets the clincher! and the tieing goal goes to someone who was traded from that team!!! go leafs go!

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
I absolutely love his game, what a great find!

Drafted in the 6th round, he's already beat the odds.

I'm unsure of his ceiling, but he seems to have decent hockey sense, a good shot, good puck skills, good positioning and good on the defensive side of the game. I could maybe see him as a 50-55 point, two-way second line winger.

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
1mxpei.gif

A Leaf fan, who's the son of a Leaf fan, who's the grandson of a Leaf fan, just scored the GWG to put the Leafs in the playoffs.

Just feels right.

Browns reaction is priceless.

Very easy to overlook and he is not flashy, but he plays the game right and can slot in a lot of different ways.

I'm happy for the kid, and I hope he continues to do well with the Leafs for a long time.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
These are the kind of players we need to draft. Look for the good guys on bad teams. Brown was a -72 in his rookie year but his play was great, that was before McDavid arrived.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
These are the kind of players we need to draft. Look for the good guys on bad teams. Brown was a -72 in his rookie year but his play was great, that was before McDavid arrived.

It was his size not his stats that lead to his late round selection.

Brownie entered the OHL at 130lbs.

Late round picks of little guys with skill is the moral of this story. Little guys do grow !!!

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008

Very easy to overlook and he is not flashy, but he plays the game right and can slot in a lot of different ways.

I'm happy for the kid, and I hope he continues to do well with the Leafs for a long time.

seeing browny easter bunny jump for joy like that is utterly priceless.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Best part of that celebration?

Brown said he didn't think it was his goal and it got deflected again.

That was just pure happiness right there

Bleed Blue and White

Oct 4, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
1mxpei.gif

Just feels right.

No kidding eh? I think I've watched that goal 20 times over by now, the celly is amazing. You can see the sheer joy on his face, you know he grew up a Leaf fan and how much it means to him to get that goal.

theIceWookie

#LeafHysteriaAlert
Dec 19, 2010
Canada

I've said this since his draft plus two year. The kids drive is among the elite. He might not be the biggest, might not be the most talented, but his will to win and drive to be better are going to make him an impact NHLer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad