Player Discussion: Adam Gaudette (#882)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bitz and Bites

May 5, 2012
Victoria
We may have something here. Not bad numbers for a freshman chosen in the 5th round. I remember a poster (I believe it was MS) watched a game of his and came away generally positive about his game.

Very nice numbers for a freshman who's apparently playing on a team loaded with veterans.I wonder if his recent points streak is due to moving up the depth chart due to injuries and having better linemates...even if that is the case,he's definitely making the most of the opportunity...too bad we don't have a local poster to keep us updated.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
If he didn't put up any more points for rest of the season, this would be a totally solid stat line for a 1st year 5th round pick.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Have to admit, Jimbo is unearthing some decent prospects in later rounds...Neill, Brisebois and Tate Olson look like decent depth d-men and Zhukenov-Gaudette looking like skilled forwards with some upside...offset to some degree by Stewart and Pettit, but you can't win 'em all.

groov2

Apr 11, 2014
Vancouver
Have to admit, Jimbo is unearthing some decent prospects in later rounds...Neill, Brisebois and Tate Olson look like decent depth d-men and Zhukenov-Gaudette looking like skilled forwards with some upside...offset to some degree by Stewart and Pettit, but you can't win 'em all.

Agreed. Although I can forgive those two picks because everybody meets a player they like, and figures if he believes in them and put them into a position to succeed, that they just might do it. It doesn't always mean you're right. I think Benning just really liked Stewarts character. As for Petit, I think they figured that once the players in front of him would be out of the picture that he would start producing; he just never did.

I am really excited to see what happens next year when other players graduate to give him more opportunity.

FroshaugFan2

Dec 7, 2006
I am really excited to see what happens next year when other players graduate to give him more opportunity.

The only senior who is out scoring Gaudette on Northeastern is McMurtry with 15 points in 23 games. The rest of their top six are sophomores and juniors.

I'll be interested to see what happens with Nolan Stevens. The younger of John's two sons on Northeastern, he's the same age as Gaudette and second in team scoring. He's eligible for the upcoming draft and if he goes undrafted again he becomes a UFA.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
The only senior who is out scoring Gaudette on Northeastern is McMurtry with 15 points in 23 games. The rest of their top six are sophomores and juniors.

I'll be interested to see what happens with Nolan Stevens. The younger of John's two sons on Northeastern, he's the same age as Gaudette and second in team scoring. He's eligible for the upcoming draft and if he goes undrafted again he becomes a UFA.

Can's recall exactly but didn't a 'Stevens' show up at either the 'Nucks prospect camp or the Penticton Prospects Tournament as a free agent last fall?

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
Can's recall exactly but didn't a 'Stevens' show up at either the 'Nucks prospect camp or the Penticton Prospects Tournament as a free agent last fall?

So did Matt Lane (PPG for BU this year) and Reid Gardiner, and Jon Martin who are both top 10 in WHL scoring.

denkiteki

Jun 29, 2010

Not every prospect works out and they arent really high picks. Getting any low picks to work out is a win... getting as many as Benning has is actually very impressive (at least this many who seem to have NHL upside and likely have increased in value since their draft).

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Not every prospect works out and they arent really high picks. Getting any low picks to work out is a win... getting as many as Benning has is actually very impressive (at least this many who seem to have NHL upside and likely have increased in value since their draft).

So then maybe he should stop trading them away like there candy

Gaunce4gm

Trusted Hockey Man
Dec 5, 2015
Victoria B.C.
I'm confused. What's the deal with the tweet saying he hates Canucks? And did he actually say he would be in school for 4 years? What is going on? I thought I remembered watching him celebrate with his family on draft day?

groov2

Apr 11, 2014
Vancouver
I'm confused. What's the deal with the tweet saying he hates Canucks? And did he actually say he would be in school for 4 years? What is going on? I thought I remembered watching him celebrate with his family on draft day?

He's a hockey fan just like and and me. He doesn't hate the Canucks anymore. No he did not say that to the Canucks; it's illogical.

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria

Canucks as in Team Canada, not Riot City. At least how I read it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad