Player Discussion: Adam Gaudette (#882)

Status
Not open for further replies.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Problem is with the NCAA route, there is a decent chance he elects to sign whereever he wants at the end of his development. Personally i would rather draft russians over NCAA players at this point (i would go as far as listening to offers for the #2 overall pick just to avoid NCAA route). Thats why i haven't even really followed Demko because it seems kinda pointless to follow someone who we might not be able to sign when its time to sign them because they could just decline to sign and wait an extra 2 months to sign wherever they want.

This is just way too much paranoia about "The NCAA Factor".

I mean, it's something to keep in the back of your mind...and something you worry about if this 5th round prospect even turns out to be somebody worth offering a contract to at some point. Not something to avoid like the plague. And it's most definitely not something you look at trying to trade Eichel over. :laugh:

Just like you don't worry about the whole Great "Jordan Subban - will he sign, or re-enter the draft" Panic of Spring 2015, when drafting CHL players.

There are loopholes everywhere, if prospects are desperate enough to use them.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
What percentage use the loophole, 5% 10% 15%? What percentage of 1st rounders? Less at guess, most are pro-ready after 1 or 2 years and don't wait. Worry about that later, 1 year or so out that's when it gets iffy.

herbst20

Jul 8, 2011
I watched Adam all year in Cedar Rapids.

My scouting report of Adam: Off the Charts compete level, who is extremely good in the faceoff circle. Skating could used some work and definitely needs to add weight but has the frame to do so. I think he played this year around 175-180 but will have no problem putting on 20 pounds or so. Good shot with a decent released. Overall a good Two way forward.

PhilMick

Formerly PRNuck
May 20, 2009
Calgary
I watched Adam all year in Cedar Rapids.

My scouting report of Adam: Off the Charts compete level, who is extremely good in the faceoff circle. Skating could used some work and definitely needs to add weight but has the frame to do so. I think he played this year around 175-180 but will have no problem putting on 20 pounds or so. Good shot with a decent released. Overall a good Two way forward.

Thanks for your take! :cheers:

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
He is your perfect 4th line center.. The Canucks have do not believe in a big time center going forward. They want to roll 4 lines. Remember when Boston won the Cup there 4 centers where

Bergeron , Kreiji Kelly & Campbell

so the Canucks already have there 4 centers of the future where they can roll 4 lines and keep all there contract numbers down and under control

1) McCann

2) Zhukov

3) Horvat

4) Gaudette ,

ihaveyuidonttouchme

MrShiftbyShiftGuy
Feb 21, 2009
Vancouver
www.youtube.com

my first look at Adam Gaudette. had happen to find on demand game for dec 9th game
quick run down

3:14 nice toe drag
3:44 Gaudette to Jim Benning's cousin! u dont see that every day. imagine
if they scored on Demko...too much canucks connection
4:46 nice set up
7:51 nice set up
10:06 makes a bad back pass to no one which leads to BC's goal
10:43 gets scored on again

seems pretty decent on face offs
good hustle okay skating could improve explosive/faster skating
constantly hearing Gaudette to Benning (cousin) saved by Demko disturbed me greatly

Last edited:

MarkMM

Jan 30, 2010
Delta, BC
He is your perfect 4th line center.. The Canucks have do not believe in a big time center going forward. They want to roll 4 lines. Remember when Boston won the Cup there 4 centers where

Bergeron , Kreiji Kelly & Campbell

so the Canucks already have there 4 centers of the future where they can roll 4 lines and keep all there contract numbers down and under control

1) McCann

2) Zhukov

3) Horvat

4) Gaudette ,

What're your thoughts on where/if Sutter/Gaunce fit in?

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
Gaunce to Left Wing

by the time Zhukenov & Gaudette make the team 4 years

Sutter will have 2 yrs left on his deal

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Three assists last game. He had a slow season so far but his team has a lot of older centremen playing ahead of him. Any idea what kind of ice time he is getting?

10 points in 21 games now. If he can show improvement in an increased role over the next season or two maybe the Canucks have something here.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
So, is this a guy who is credited as being very good defensively? When I look at the point totals, I'm disappointed. Any NHL comparable would be good. I've paid less attention to him than any other 2015 prospect.

docbenton

Dec 6, 2014
So, is this a guy who is credited as being very good defensively? When I look at the point totals, I'm disappointed. Any NHL comparable would be good. I've paid less attention to him than any other 2015 prospect.

He's a 5th round pick who is a freshman in college. Just getting a regular shift is not bad. Putting up some points is a promising sign, especially if it seems like he's picking it up as the year goes on.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
He's a 5th round pick who is a freshman in college. Just getting a regular shift is not bad. Putting up some points is a promising sign, especially if it seems like he's picking it up as the year goes on.

Beginning to think the USHL is a very underrated junior circuit....seems to be developing some decent prospects for College Hockey in the U.S.

StrictlyCommercial

Oct 28, 2006
Vancouver

0.5 PPG is about where my expectations for a successful season are for him. And yes, he is a two-way guy.l somewhat.

He's perhaps barely meeting expectations, but he's not disappointing.

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
Beginning to think the USHL is a very underrated junior circuit....seems to be developing some decent prospects for College Hockey in the U.S.

While we don't hear much about it up here, the USHL is well perceived in hockey circles. Teams draft a fair amount from it.

FOurteenS inCisOr

FOS COrp CEO
May 4, 2012
Republic of VI
hold your horses.

Yup. Zhukenov isn't projecting to even be an NHLer at this point. Neither is Gaudette, but at least he has the tools and frame more suitable to be a 4th line grinder.

Although, I'd imagine most produce at a better rate than Gaudette has so far.

Last edited:

StIllmatic

Mar 27, 2010
Vancouver
We may have something here. Not bad numbers for a freshman chosen in the 5th round. I remember a poster (I believe it was MS) watched a game of his and came away generally positive about his game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad