GWT: PL Week 12

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
The amount of tactical yellows that City commit when they lose the ball that don’t get called is hilarious. It’s every turnover and it’s a strategy.

Reactions: Gecklund

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Why? What a dumb thing that would be.

When you’re dancing around on the sidelines doing fake stepovers at the end of extra time when everyone else is just jogging you’re asking for a very hard tackle to be put in.

There’s a reason Mata went over to him and why Pep talked to him right after the whistle.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
It's amazing that United have spent so much money and have such a subpar lineup. The fact that there's more positions that need help than there are that are fine is just astounding. Literally only positions we are probably okay with are LW, ST, and GK. We need so much help everywhere. Hopefully these reports that United are willing to spend in the winter are true and they go out and get something like Hysaj, Neves/Ndombele, and Dembele.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
It's amazing that United have spent so much money and have such a subpar lineup. The fact that there's more positions that need help than there are that are fine is just astounding. Literally only positions we are probably okay with are LW, ST, and GK. We need so much help everywhere. Hopefully these reports that United are willing to spend in the winter are true and they go out and get something like Hysaj, Neves/Ndombele, and Dembele.
Only two of Mourinho's buys started this game (Matic and Lindelöf). Think about that.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
When you’re dancing around on the sidelines doing fake stepovers at the end of extra time when everyone else is just jogging you’re asking for a very hard tackle to be put in.

There’s a reason Mata went over to him and why Pep talked to him right after the whistle.
If that's how someone reacts to showboating they shouldn't be playing, and are much worse than the person showboating.

You don't want someone showboating against you? Beat them or take the ball. It sounds about as asinine as pitchers beaning someone for a bat flip.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
If that's how someone reacts to showboating they shouldn't be playing, and are much worse than the person showboating.

You don't want someone showboating against you? Beat them or take the ball. It sounds about as asinine as pitchers beaning someone for a bat flip.

When I said “break his ankle” I meant send in a very hard tackle, I don’t mean literally try to break it.

And there’s a difference between showboating and showboating at the very end of a game you’ve clearly won. This isn’t bat flipping, it’s bat flipping after hitting a solo home run to go up 6-0 in the top of the 9th.

It’s clear that pep didn’t like it, and it’s clear that mata, one of the most understated and respected players in the game, thought it was enough to go over and say something.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I never said he should have done it or that it doesnt make him dickish. I just think anyone calling for a 'hard tackle' or trying to hurt him because of it is dumb.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad