GWT: PL Week 12

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Salah looked offside but they never showed a clear replay of that one on my stream. Still don't see how Fulham were robbed of a point.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I really don't think Morata can play with Hazard, it just doesn't work as Morata can't control space well enough for them to work their way into the box.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Great attempt by Alonso, that would have been beautiful if it went in.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Mitrovic looked a couple inches offside, Salah looked a couple feet off, but didn’t ever see a good replay to get a good gauge on where the defender closest to the camera view was.

I did think the official should have called back the free kick that Allison toon though since it was taken well back from where the offside was in order to take advantage of Fulham not being ready. If it’s taken slowly and with no pressure, those 10 yards are usually let go, but when it’s done fast to catch a team, officials are usually stricter about it being taken from the right spot.

Either way, Liverpool scored a second goal that didn’t have anything to do with Fulham pressing, and I think Fulham easily could have got a red, so it’s hard to think they got screwed out of a point.

Reactions: YNWA14

SSF

Oct 5, 2017
Kevin Friend is having a poor game. No way any of the officials saw that. Surprised Bernard didnt get red.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Should be red for Bernard, even if Rudiger is a much larger man.
If anything Jorginho should be on a red. I'm fine with Bernard not being on a red...a little nod of a head when Rudiger tries to get tough with him is nothing. Reminds me of when Henderson dropped over a touch in the WC...embarrassing.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
If anything Jorginho should be on a red. I'm fine with Bernard not being on a red...a little nod of a head when Rudiger tries to get tough with him is nothing. Reminds me of when Henderson dropped over a touch in the WC...embarrassing.

Yellow for Jorginho was correct. And the rulebook is pretty unambiguous - a headbutt is a red. Bernard's head went back and then forward into Rudiger.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
The headbutt rule is one of the dumbest things in the book. Tiny nod of the head that grazes an opponent gets you 3 games. Make a kick to the opponent look remotely like an attempt on the ball and it’s just a yellow.

SSF

Oct 5, 2017
Yea, 2 footed scissor challenge is a yellow haha. Give me a break and he was also holding Sigurdsson shorts to keep him from getting away.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Yellow for Jorginho was correct. And the rulebook is pretty unambiguous - a headbutt is a red. Bernard's head went back and then forward into Rudiger.
Since when is a two footed scissor with studs up a yellow? Especially with no ball.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
The headbutt rule is one of the dumbest things in the book. Tiny nod of the head that grazes an opponent gets you 3 games. Make a kick to the opponent look remotely like an attempt on the ball and it’s just a yellow.
Completely agree. It's even dumber the way players milk it to try and get that red.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Two points dropped. I never wanna see Morata in a Chelsea kit again. I've had so much patience with him, but every time it looks like he's turning a corner, he's back to square f***ing one

Reactions: Blender

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad