GWT: PL Round 21

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Utterly disgusting. Throw the book at that player. If its 20 games, I have no problem with that. These hacks have been doing this all season. They can't get a kick of the ball against Man City, so they put in these horrendous leg breaking challenges against them, and these bad refs keep not giving out reds.

The Premier League needs to make an example of this.

The referee needs a suspension, also. He tried to hand Crystal Palace the game.

Last edited:

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Palace had good opportunities to be the first team beating City. However their plot armour is too thick.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Gabriel Jesus gonna be out for 2 months. phew... could've been worse. Ederson saving the streak :thumbu:

City's been tested with all these injuries...surviving without Silva, De Bruyne, Mendy and Jesus gonna be tough in the UCL.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
De Bruyne has been on the receiving end of these dangerous tackles a few times already previously, it was bound to happen one day. I doubt not much will be done about it, though.

Thinking about someone like Messi and all the attention he gets on the pitch, it's quite remarkable that he's been able to play over 30 leagues per season for about decade.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Arsenal's kits today might be the ugliest thing I've ever seen, but I love it. They almost look like red overalls haha.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Mike Dean gives Cech a post-match yellow card after stealing his 200th PL clean sheet.

Reactions: All Might

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Tell me more about how Liverpool is getting screwed by the refs

We did against Watford.

Now Arsenal did after their fans defended the officiating in that Watford game even though there were pictures showing obvious offsides.

Sounds fair to me.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
On replays I think was Dean saw was the movement towards the ball with the arm. It's not near enough to make it a handball, especially since his arm was between the arm of the body so it wasn't like it was extending to make himself bigger.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
No problem with that penalty call. Can’t have your arms extended out like that. Didn’t get a great look at it though.

EDIT

Looked again. It’s a very harsh call.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
No problem with that penalty call. Can’t have your arms extended out like that. Didn’t get a great look at it though.

Not sure if you're joking or not. His arm was in front of his chest. The ball would have hit his chest if it didn't hit his arm.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal

Reminded me of one that was called on Micah Richards in a Liverpool vs City game a couple years ago.

This can’t be called a penalty with how close Chambers was to the ball. If Yoshida’s hand yesterday was not a penalty then this one is definitely not.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Mike Dean the Tottenham supporter? Shocking!
Mike Dean has not favored Tottenham at all this season. Even though I found that he was poor in the NLD, Arsenal deserved the win 100%. He did make them lose two points against Swansea though.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Not sure if you're joking or not. His arm was in front of his chest. The ball would have hit his chest if it didn't hit his arm.
Looked again. Don’t think that’s a PK.

I’ve seen worse PK calls this season but this is up there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad