GWT: PL Matchweek (mostly) 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I typically figure Everton will screw it up somehow, but they do actually have a competent manager, so I think it’s possible to end up top 4. Still way early.
Yeah I mean their only weaknesses are depth and Pickford.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
I honestly don’t see why Everton can’t do at least what Leicester did last year. They might be better than Leicester this year too.
That was half-joking just based on how much they've spent the last few seasons just to still be solidly mid-table.

Good start to the season. They've had a few injuries recently and I'm not as convinced Calvert-Lewin is for real. Their backline + Pickford still a concern.

What helps them is some of those mid-table teams from last season are primed for steps back - Sheffield United, Burnley, and even Wolves possibly.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I said I think most of their 11 is pretty good. I don’t think Digne is special, but I guess with the lack of LB talent, he gets a boost because of that.

But he might not be in the top 3 in the EPL. Chilwell’s overrated as well, but if Mendy is healthy (big if) he’s 4 or 5, pending on how Tierney develops.
Chilwell did just have a great performance.

Reactions: Blender

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Yeah I don't see him as overrated at all. He's a very good young leftback and was fantastic for Leicester before his move.
Either do I. Since when has Chilwell been overrated? If anything, he's not given the dues he deserves.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Anyway, pretty happy with the result today. Chilwell easily MOTM. Unfortunately for Reece James, I do think we really need the sturdiness of Azpilicueta back there, especially as Silva gels. Captain was quality today. Callum was great, Havertz seems to be getting into more of a rhythm with the side.

I woulda done the subs differently, that's my only real criticism. Pulisic shoulda come on earlier and for Abraham, to allow Werner to play centrally.

Reactions: bleedblue1223

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
So far a very one sided affair. Feels like a matter of time before City score.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
No it's not. Especially not as highest paid Chelsea player.
Better values were out there IMO, but don't think it's a crazy price. Don't think he's the highest paid player, but I haven't kept up with reliable wage reports, most seem to be relative garbage. Thought it's still Kante and Havertz at the top.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
You're right actually, I totally did. He was great again, made it blatantly obvious that he should continue to be first choice. His goal was also brilliant taken (the hang time!!! Wow!)
Silva and Zouma should be the main pair currently. Still want Tomori to get minutes, but Zouma has more than earned a consistent spot.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Walker sticks out like a sore thumb on this team almost every game. I don't know how Cancelo didn't make it there.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
He's not Chelsea's highest paid player. You were literally involved in this discuss with @bleedblue1223 and I previously, and here you are again repeating the same inaccurate information.

Transfer: - Summer Transfer news and rumors discussion part 7: What a Messi in Barcelona
Chilwell to become Chelsea’s highest earner by some way: Leicester news
You were literaly told that before.

John Percy of Telegraph states that Chilwell’s weekly wage will be ‘around’ a mind-boggling £190,000. Chelsea’s top wage drawer is American forward, Christian Pulisic with £158,654 every seven days. Frank Lampard’s next biggest salary taker is out-of-form and favour goalkeeper, Kepa Arrizabalaga at £150,000; while former Fox N’golo Kante is third on the list, his cash is £144,231. Those figures are according to spotrac.com and other outlets. Timo Werner is expected to replace Pulisic as the number two with £170,000.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad