GWT: PL Matchweek (mostly) 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
They have a half decent coach too. Just sayin'.
Yeah they do. And they’ve shown a willingness to spend. It also helps that DCL looks like he’s the business. They couldn’t afford a striker and what they’ve spent.

they also took advantage of the market. Their buys this summer weren’t wanted by better clubs and they had the cash.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I don’t think other than the front attack and Doucoure that any of their players are that special, but they’re all pretty good players.

Hmm, looking at some of the dudes they’re bringing on, they definitely have some depth too. Surprised some of these guys haven’t gone out on loan.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I don’t think other than the front attack and Doucoure that any of their players are that special, but they’re all pretty good players.

Hmm, looking at some of the dudes they’re bringing on, they definitely have some depth too. Surprised some of these guys haven’t gone out on loan.
Walcott, Delph, and Iwobi? Those names scream depth pieces on a decent but not great team to me.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Everton should be competing for a Europa spot this year, they've built a pretty solid squad.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Great goal to make it 4-2, we had good spells but got destroyed on the counter and couldn't head a ball away to save lives...

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Leicester and Everton have been really good to start the season. Makes for a very interesting season because teams like United, Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs have been very lukewarm.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Digne is more than decent.
He certainly thinks he’s a lot better than he is. Confidence isn’t a bad thing I guess. But he’s their best back line player for sure. I haven’t watched a ton of Everton matches, only really when they play Liverpool, and he hasn’t looked great, but he always seems to be a scene of the crime, but maybe not at fault kind of player to me. I think Everton fans overrate him. The ones I know certainly do.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Digne is a very good weapon offensively, his speed and crosses were always a big plus.
But he's very average defensively.
Given the depth at LB in world football though, he ranks pretty high.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I said I think most of their 11 is pretty good. I don’t think Digne is special, but I guess with the lack of LB talent, he gets a boost because of that.

But he might not be in the top 3 in the EPL. Chilwell’s overrated as well, but if Mendy is healthy (big if) he’s 4 or 5, pending on how Tierney develops.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
It looks like Bielsa is going to set up today with a 3-1-4-2 but with a natural wing back on only one side of the pitch.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I honestly don’t see why Everton can’t do at least what Leicester did last year. They might be better than Leicester this year too.
I typically figure Everton will screw it up somehow, but they do actually have a competent manager, so I think it’s possible to end up top 4. Still way early.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
It looks like Bielsa is going to set up today with a 3-1-4-2 but with a natural wing back on only one side of the pitch.
That’s kind of interesting. At times Liverpool have done something like that to try and shift to give space to TAA to be on the ball. But who knows. Should be some goals.

Reactions: koyvoo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad