GWT: PL Matchweek (mostly) 32 & 33 - not the Ndombele thread

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Handball_guidelines_2020.jpg

The majority of that figures bicep is in the red area....

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
The majority of that figures bicep is in the red area....
...and it hit Azpilicueta in the green area. Not even comparable to the one today, so I don't see why you are using it as a point of comparison.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Maybe I’m remembering it wrong, but I thought it was basically the dead middle of his bicep.
It's touching the blue of his jersey and the captain's armband. Obviously the ball is big so it also touched below the jersey, but that is not a handball under the current rules and doesn't require a judgement call like the one today.

upload_2021-4-25_12-26-37.png

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
The Azpilicueta one yesterday also should have been a penalty, especially with that sailing into the net if it didn't hit his arm...

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
The Azpilicueta one yesterday also should have been a penalty, especially with that sailing into the net if it didn't hit his arm...

There is a referee call to complain about yesterday, but that sure as f*** ain't it

If that had been Angelo Ogbonna instead of Azpilicueta, you absolutely would not be saying this

Reactions: Blender

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Okay.

Lol saw the edit. No, sorry. That ball plain as day was not on the sleeve, though that might make you guys feel good to say over an over. Even the still posted shows that.

Last edited:

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
There is a referee call to complain about yesterday, but that sure as f*** ain't it

If that had been Angelo Ogbonna instead of Azpilicueta, you absolutely would not be saying this
Yea that red card was disgusting, the lack of handball was 100% the correct call based on the rules.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
In addition to not being a handball per the rule, it also wasn't on target lol, so it sure as heck wasn't "sailing into the net"
What the hell are you talking about? Not only was it on target, it nearly made it on target even with his deflection.

You guys got all the calls yesterday it's cool, just accept it.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
What the hell are you talking about? Not only was it on target, it nearly made it on target even with his deflection.

I literally just rewatched it multiple times - if it hadn't hit Azpi, it would've AT BEST hit the post, and I think would've gone just wide. It wasn't on target.

The deflection almost made it an OG, but if Azpi hadn't been there it most definitely would not have gone in

The red call was obviously bullshit, and I said so at the time! But gimme a break on this one dude. It would've been an absurd penalty to give, and I know you know that

Reactions: Blender

Blender

Dec 2, 2009

If they had given a penalty for that it would have been one of the worst calls of the season. It hit his arm above the sleeve, his arm was down at his side in a natural position, it deflected relatively close to him, and he tried to move his arm out of the way. That should never be a penalty.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Someone like Leicester or something should throw like to 50 to 60 million on Matheus Pereira. He's the best attainable player for that role that won't be chased by the big big clubs. So skillfull and creative, 9 goals and 5 assists this season.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Watching the Wolves/Burnley highlights and Traore only getting a yellow is exactly why players flop like they’re shot whenever they get touched in the face.

If the Burnley player drops after the push to the face, it’s a clear red. Instead, he doesn’t act and what should be a red by rules is just a yellow and it doesn’t count as a “clear and obvious error”

Compare it to say Martial on Lamela. If Lamela stays up and they push a bit more, they both get yellows. Instead he acts like he was shot and Martial (rightly) gets sent off.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
That Shaw play was most definitely a handball. His hands were in adduction position, but not on his side or behind his back. They were at least a half metre away and why it deserved one.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Are Henry and Shearer the 2 best PL players ever?
They're definitely in the conversation. But I feel like there are a few players who are definitely in the conversation with them. Rooney, Aguero, Gerrard, Lampard, D. Silva all have pretty legitimate cases as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00