GWT: PL Matchweek (mostly) 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Never seen a professional team get called for foul throws either, that must be a first. Craig Pawson single handedly lost us the game against Chelsea last december though, a game which we otherwise would have comfortably won, so where is the surprise. Referees cost Arsenal 14 points last season.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
EjEDm4vXsAIyJYi

Gibbs got a red for much less last week. Mane should get a three game suspension after the game at least, anything else would be disgusting.
You didn’t watch the Gibbs play then. He turned around after getting mad and slapped Rodriguez in the face. Not even remotely comparable.

The difference between a yellow and a red is that there’s no violent intent. Mane never even as much as looked at him. It’s definitely a yellow card though.

Reactions: Wee Baby Seamus

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
You didn’t watch the Gibbs play then. He turned around after getting mad and slapped Rodriguez in the face. Not even remotely comparable.

Look at this then. Mane looks at him and intentionally elbows hard him in the face. That is even worse. Gibbs did not violently slap him, that is false, it was not nearly as forceful. Not even nearly as reckless as this from Mane, who has always been an extremely disgusting, dirty and easy to hate player.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Look at this then. Mane looks at him and intentionally elbows hard him in the face. That is even worse. Gibbs did not violently slap him, that is false, it was not nearly as forceful. Not even nearly as reckless as this from Mane, who has always been an extremely disgusting, dirty and easy to hate player.

Where was the ball when Gibbs slapped Rodriguez? Please enlighten me.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Where was the ball when Gibbs slapped Rodriguez? Please enlighten me.

That is not really relevant. Gibbs slightly touched him a little, and it is reasonable to give him a red, but it was not as violent, dangerous, dirty or vicious as what Mane did. I would expect a retroactive ban at least

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
That is not really relevant. Gibbs slightly touched him a little, and it is reasonable to give him a red, but it was not as violent, dangerous, dirty or vicious as what Mane did. I would expect a retroactive ban at least

He was already given a yellow and the play was reviewed by VAR. No ban allowed

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I mean if we are talking about poor reffing, Arsenal avoided cards on the advantages played as well. Luiz out and out tried to wrestle Keita down on the Mane goal and they didn’t go back. Tierney as well had a tackle that was at minimum on the border of a yellow but for advantage.

The Mane yellow could have been a red. In the past, it’s been a red in some occasions. There wasn’t violent intent, but it wasn’t a good look. With Var, they’re only going to signal to check if it’s a clear and obvious error. In this case, the yellow is deemed adequate, so there’s no need to go back and offer a change.

I can’t see someone legitimately griping about Bellerin getting foul throw calls. They looked worse than 5-6 year old soccer throws.

I guess it’s easier to whine about officials then the gulf between clubs on the pitch. Other the Auba, who actually gets in Liverpool’s team?

King Makar19

Dec 5, 2019
Mane was a yellow. We looked like tacos.

Whining about ref is a clown attitude after that defeat.

We need to show ambitions.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Sure it took a fluky bounce, two pens and a wonder goal to beat them.
With a Championship roster.

Arsenal? They should spend apparently.
You keep saying Championship roster as if they didn't just spend nearly $100M on incoming transfers.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I guess it’s easier to whine about officials then the gulf between clubs on the pitch. Other the Auba, who actually gets in Liverpool’s team?
Oh no one! hanging on the refs is a stupid reaction to yesterdays game. We were outclassed by a mile, simple as that.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
:facepalm:
I guess you deserve your lack of ambition. Go ahead and spend big money in the market, that has helped you tremendously for years now.
Yeah, we signed Gabriel and maybe Aouar this summer. Such big money. Meanwhile we've sold Martinez and are hoping to sell a handful more players.

Leeds meanwhile has signed Rodrigo, Costa, Llorente, Koch, and Meslier while selling no one.

Guess who has a bigger net spend.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
You keep saying Championship roster as if they didn't just spend nearly $100M on incoming transfers.
Misleading.
They spent 88M.
Among those 88M, 6.5 were on Meslier (already there last year), 30M on Rodrigo (almost didn't play and cost a pen in fact), 17.7 on Helder Costa (already there last year), 20 on Llorente (didn't play), and 13 on Koch (who played and miserably).

So you're trying to somehow say Leeds didn't have a Championship lineup in Leeds because they used Koch (who cost them at least 1 point in fact) and a few minutes of Rodrigo (who did cost them 1 point).

That's either blatant ignorance or sheer bad faith.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Misleading.
They spent 88M.
Among those 88M, 6.5 were on Meslier (already there last year), 30M on Rodrigo (almost didn't play and cost a pen in fact), 17.7 on Helder Costa (already there last year), 20 on Llorente (didn't play), and 13 on Koch (who played and miserably).

So you're trying to somehow say Leeds didn't have a Championship lineup in Leeds because they used Koch (who cost them at least 1 point in fact) and a few minutes of Rodrigo (who did cost them 1 point).

That's either blatant ignorance or sheer bad faith.
No it's bad faith to point to Arsenal as someone spending big money this summer and use Leeds as your counterpoint when Leeds has drastically outspent Arsenal to this point.

But you have a little footballing crush on Bielsa and have to support him

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Yeah, we signed Gabriel and maybe Aouar this summer. Such big money. Meanwhile we've sold Martinez and are hoping to sell a handful more players.

Leeds meanwhile has signed Rodrigo, Costa, Llorente, Koch, and Meslier while selling no one.

Guess who has a bigger net spend.
Seriously want to compare Leeds' spending with Arsenal's?

(FYI, Arsenal also signed Runnarsson, Willians, Soares and Mari).

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
No it's bad faith to point to Arsenal as someone spending big money this summer and use Leeds as your counterpoint when Leeds has drastically outspent Arsenal to this point.

But you have a little footballing crush on Bielsa and have to support him
I have a football crush to see that Leeds took it to Pool while Arsenal bowed down?
I never said Arsenal spent big THIS summer, I said in recent years (flew over your head).
Sure, that must be MY bias.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Seriously want to compare Leeds' spending with Arsenal's?

(FYI, Arsenal also signed Runnarsson, Willians, Soares and Mari).
Two people on frees, a goalie costing barely anything and a defender who they really signed last year? Besides, Soares and Mari don't count, according to your Leeds "logic".

But yeah, let's compare their spending this summer. I'm ready for it.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I have a football crush to see that Leeds took it to Pool while Arsenal bowed down?
I never said Arsenal spent big THIS summer, I said in recent years (flew over your head).
Sure, that must be MY bias.
You said go ahead and spend big money. You said "They [Arsenal] should spend." Both of which imply that we'd be doing it this year (particularly because the conversation is in relation to Aouar). Try to be intellectually honest instead of hyper-obsessive with whether you're right or wrong.

Leeds took it to Liverpool and....lost. They also took it to Fulham and very nearly lost that one, while Fulham has looked like a flaming tire fire in its other two matches. Leeds really took it to Hull City, too. Come on, I promise you have the ability to look at the whole truth, you just have to want to.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Two people on frees, a goalie costing barely anything and a defender who they really signed last year? Besides, Soares and Mari don't count, according to your Leeds "logic".

But yeah, let's compare their spending this summer. I'm ready for it.
Again, you're fighting your OWN battle here.
I said the last few years and never even compared the two teams.

But yeah go for it !!!

And just so you know, signing a Willian on a free, it's EXPENSIVE.

And again, the lineup Leeds had at Liverpool was a Championship one. To deny it is just lying.
Arsenal had a top half EPL roster and played like a team that was going to lose.

Facts, just facts here.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
You said go ahead and spend big money. You said "They [Arsenal] should spend." Both of which imply that we'd be doing it this year (particularly because the conversation is in relation to Aouar). Try to be intellectually honest instead of hyper-obsessive with whether you're right or wrong.

Leeds took it to Liverpool and....lost. They also took it to Fulham and very nearly lost that one, while Fulham has looked like a flaming tire fire in its other two matches. Leeds really took it to Hull City, too. Come on, I promise you have the ability to look at the whole truth, you just have to want to.
"that has helped you tremendously for years now."
See? Finish the sentence you're reading please. THAT is intellectual honesty.

Leeds had trouble beating other teams? Big deal ! They're a Championship level team. Promoted side.
The fact is they're playing with ambition.
That's not arguable, it's the truth.

Arsenal played like midgets yesterday. That's also a fact.
Which stresses some more that money doesn't make a team since Leeds isn't playing on that field like they showed against Liverpool.
So after yesterday's defeat, seeing a legion of Arsenal fans clinging to a Aouar signing to save their grace, it's like they never learn. Arsenal has spent a lot over the years and without much success. Maybe it's time to try something different.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
"that has helped you tremendously for years now."
See? Finish the sentence you're reading please. THAT is intellectual honesty.
Gotcha, so when you were talking about what they should do, you were talking about what they had done. That makes total sense, thanks for clarifying, especially given that this conversation started in the context of whether Arsenal should buy Aouar. Your hyper-obsession with never being wrong is showing.
And just so you know, signing a Willian on a free, it's EXPENSIVE.
It's wages only. Which, if we're doing that, we need to talk about loans too, right?
And again, the lineup Leeds had at Liverpool was a Championship one. To deny it is just lying.
Arsenal had a top half EPL roster and played like a team that was going to lose.
And Arsenal had won the last two matchups against Liverpool playing like that. Sometimes smash and grab football is effective. Leeds, in the meantime, played well against a Liverpool side that wasn't really playing and still lost. They also lost to a League One side. What tactical genius from Bielsa.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Nope, that conversation started when you guys talked about spending more to be competitive, while Leeds showed you it didn't matter. But obviously, you STILL try to deny it. Even with mistakes from the past being shown to your face.

So, Liverpool didn't really play against Leeds; Of course it didn't have ANYTHING to do with Leeds' play that frustrated Pool.
Of course.
If that's your kind of argument, please don't comment a sport you have zero understanding of.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Nope, that conversation started when you guys talked about spending more to be competitive, while Leeds showed you it didn't matter. But obviously, you STILL try to deny it. Even with mistakes from the past being shown to your face.

So, Liverpool didn't really play against Leeds; Of course it didn't have ANYTHING to do with Leeds' play that frustrated Pool.
Of course.
If that's your kind of argument, please don't comment a sport you have zero understanding of.
The conversation started with SEPH saying hopefully we sign Aouar. That's not talking about the past. And we have a new manager now, so buying two players (or three, if you really need to count Runarsson) isn't exactly spending big. Please, try to retain a shred of the truth.

Feel free to ask the Liverpool fans here if they felt Liverpool was at full strength against Leeds. All I ask is that when you're wrong, please do not move the goalposts.

Why? You seem to have no problem doing so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino