GWT: PL Matchweek (mostly) 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
The "Man U faction on Sky"? You mean Keane and Carragher? OK. Like to throw shade at his team at every opportunity? Yeah, watch the video I posted and tell us about all the shade being thrown.
Sky Sports is pretty much anti-London, Keane and Carragher are eccentric about Northeast England clubs and no they didn't once bash Liverpool.
Klopp being passionate is how he wins over fans, his staff and players which has made him succeed at the highest level. The fact that it triggers thin-skinned opponents is a nice bonus.
If you're referring to me, I am not triggered because he's always been this way. He has passion and I respect him as a person and manager, just sayin' that he's pretty damn big hypocrite when it comes to certain things in football in terms of how he acts and when he loses. I gotta say I respect sore losers though, they absolutely hate losing at all costs and that's where consistent winners are born.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Sky Sports is pretty much anti-London, Keane and Carragher are eccentric about Northeast England clubs and no they didn't once bash Liverpool.
If you're referring to me, I am not triggered because he's always been this way. He has passion and I respect him as a person and manager, just sayin' that he's pretty damn big hypocrite when it comes to certain things in football in terms of how he acts and when he loses. I gotta say I respect sore losers though, they absolutely hate losing at all costs and that's where consistent winners are born.

Where did you see that anyway? I'm not saying it didn't happen, but I'd like to see it.

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
A lot of managers are hypocrites like Mourinho being annoyed at Conte for pumping the crowd at Stamford Bridge when he did that famous celebration when Inter beat Barcelona in the Champions League. I was not really referring to anyone and more saying that people like Klopp are often beloved or hated and that is fine.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Where did you see that anyway? I'm not saying it didn't happen, but I'd like to see it.
What are you exactly referring to?

E: I saw a replay on Jota goal, no way in hell is that a handball. It's off shoulder and maybe rolls down his arm a bit, but it's in a vertical position. That's a legit goal, Luiz with a stupid header like Bellerin's in the first half.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
What are you exactly referring to?

E: I saw a replay on Jota goal, no way in hell is that a handball. It's off shoulder and maybe rolls down his arm a bit, but it's in a vertical position. That's a legit goal, Luiz with a stupid header like Bellerin's in the first half.

Him not shaking Arteta's hand.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Him not shaking Arteta's hand.
No he did, but after he congratulated like 15 members of staff and Arteta was seriously waiting there for like a legit twenty seconds. Right when the game ended, it was shown on Sky Sports and it was on a stream so sadly I do not have a replay for it.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Arteta came over when Klopp was already shaking hands and talking to other people. As soon as Klopp saw him he did the fist bump or forearm thingy and they moved on. That was...nothing.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
No he did, but after he congratulated like 15 members of staff and Arteta was seriously waiting there for like a legit twenty seconds. Right when the game ended, it was shown on Sky Sports and it was on a stream so sadly I do not have a replay for it.

I found one. Now I see what you mean. He usually does that frequently unless they lose. If they lose he goes straight over to shake hands.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I found one. Now I see what you mean. He usually does that frequently unless they lose. If they lose he goes straight over to shake hands.
That's the point I am making, sort of hypocritical if you'd ask me no? Like I said, I have no problem whatsoever with him crying in celebrating a random EPL match, but just shake the opposing managers hand first. The opposing bloke is probably feeling like shite losing, so let him GTFO the pitch and you can celebrate with Ghost Busters for the next five hours.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
That's the point I am making, sort of hypocritical if you'd ask me no? Like I said, I have no problem whatsoever with him crying in celebrating a random EPL match, but just shake the opposing managers hand first. The opposing bloke is probably feeling like shite losing, so let him GTFO the pitch and you can celebrate with Ghost Busters.

I would agree if he didn't always does that, but he definitely always does that. When he loses he goes straight over there to shake hands though. He actually praised your team vociferously after the game.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
The "Man U faction on Sky"? You mean Keane and Carragher? OK. Like to throw shade at his team at every opportunity? Yeah, watch the video I posted and tell us about all the shade being thrown.

I'm referring to Keane and Neville. There's always needling going on there between the ex-Liverpool and ex-United pundits.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Nah. I have seen better from him. The problem with Keita is that he is so inconsistent but at least he now clearly play the way Klopp wanted him to.
So today was Keita’s 5th straight league start for LFC. To put that into perspective, that is the most he has had in a row since his arrival. If he plays games he will have a major impact.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Hopefully this loss pushes Arsenal to become more proactive for Aouar. If the speculation of the posters here that mentioned Bayern should go after him ever become true, then he's already a lost clause because no way Arsenal will outspent Bayern with Kroenke putting none of his money in it.
You seriously think that of Bayern comes knocking the problem for Arsenal is that they'll be outspent?
Or that Aouar will want to join champions of Europe?
And frankly this game should finish to convince him he should wait for a better opportunity.

Anyway as I said, Arsenal fans thinking transfer market as the saving grace is comical when they see Bielsa's team.

Last edited:

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
You seriously think that of Bayern comes knocking the problem for Arsenal is that they'll be outspent?
Or that Aouar will want to join champions of Europe?
And frankly this game should finish to convince him he should wait for a better opportunity.

Anyway as I said, Arsenal fans thinking transfer market as the saviouring grace is comical when they see Bielsa's team.
Yes, yes, that amazing Leeds team that beat lost to Liverpool on the first match day and then barely squeaked out a win against the same Fulham team Arsenal beat handily, while losing to Hull City

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Sure it took a fluky bounce, two pens and a wonder goal to beat them.
With a Championship roster.

Arsenal? They should spend apparently.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Sure it took a fluky bounce, two pens and a wonder goal to beat them.
With a Championship roster.

Arsenal? They should spend apparently.
On the first match day when Liverpool clearly didn't have their legs under them and was operating at about 65%. If you couldn't tell the difference in the quality of Liverpool, you're on your own.

They also looked worse than Aston Villa against Fulham, and it's not like Villa has an amazing roster. Perhaps it was just one good game Leeds had against a team that was in second gear

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I'm referring to Keane and Neville. There's always needling going on there between the ex-Liverpool and ex-United pundits.

Yet, again, if you watch the clip I posted there's no needling and Keane is very complimentary towards Liverpool to put it mildly. Furthermore I've seen plenty of Keane on Sky or wherever and I don't always see needling going on between him and an ex-Liverpool pundit. Of course you can feel free to post multiple examples demonstrating that it "there's always needling going on."

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
It probably did, which is why Leeds made Fulham look halfway decent while Fulham looked like garbage against Villa and even worse against Arsenal.
:facepalm:
I guess you deserve your lack of ambition. Go ahead and spend big money in the market, that has helped you tremendously for years now.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL

Which makes no sense because he called the game extremely poorly for the Arsenal.

- I am not saying that Mane's elbow was a red, but why no VAR on that play?
- Not playing Pepe's advantage.
- Not calling TAA's foul against Auba, but seconds later gives Bellerin a yellow for the exact same play.
- Fabinho somehow leaving this match without a yellow is absolutely mind-blogging, I saw like five harsh tackles and not all of them got the ball.
- Jota's goal was a good goal, but why no VAR at the time either?

LFC got a lot of fortunate calls in that game.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Which makes no sense because he called the game extremely poorly for the Arsenal.

- I am not saying that Mane's elbow was a red, but why no VAR on that play?
- Not playing Pepe's advantage.
- Not calling TAA's foul against Auba, but seconds later gives Bellerin a yellow for the exact same play.
- Fabinho somehow leaving this match without a yellow is absolutely mind-blogging, I saw like five harsh tackles and not all of them got the ball.
- Jota's goal was a good goal, but why no VAR at the time either?

LFC got a lot of fortunate calls in that game.
- I don't recall any foul from TAA on Aubameyang. It was Fabinho and it should have been called back agreed.
- All intervention from Fabinho never deserved any yellow card.
- The Pepe advantage? He was in his own end, That is a bit of stretch.

Also you do realize that all important decisions like the Mane elbow and the goal from Jota were reviewed by VAR booth? Right?

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
EjEDm4vXsAIyJYi

Gibbs got a red for much less last week. Mane should get a three game suspension after the game at least, anything else would be disgusting.

EjEDnxXXgAERVnz

And this is a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad